Start by marking “Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses

Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses

Beauty and the Beast, but not how you remember it...

Deep in the forest, a castle hides. No one knows who lives there, but rumors of a beast keep people away.

Cloaked in shadows, hidden from view, a prince destroyed by a curse shuts himself away from the world, ashamed of the beast he’s become.

And in the village, a beautiful girl with her nose in a book, yearns for
Kindle Edition
Published August 1st 2019 by The Enchanted Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses

Start your review of Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses
Marquise
This collection of Beauty and the Beast in different genres and settings seems to have been meant to contain thirteen stories originally, but in the final product contains only nine. It's the fourth in the "Kingdom of..." series of anthologies by the same group of authors, though not all of them have their stories in all the anthologies, and as is to be expected, there's plenty of variety in creativity as well as in quality.

OF CAROUSELS AND DRAGONS by Angelique Anderson
1 star

This one had the
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thieves & Monsters by Kelly N. Jane is a wonderful story that I have read. This is a book in Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses: A Limited Edition of Beauty and the Beast Retellings box set writen by a lot of wonderful authors. I highly recommend this story to read if you love reading about shifters,fantasy and sweet romances in your stories.

Billie
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
True beauty lies within.Except inside The Vault, where life can be ugly and love is dangerous.Under its protective shield, Beauty spends her nights reading and her days scavenging precious artifacts in hopes of securing a good life after the war—until her father loses something precious and must give her to the Beast as payment.The Beast knows The Vault’s secrets, and has a dangerous one of his own. Hiding behind a mask and his fearsome reputation, the Beast is racked with guilt and ...more
Candice Allen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unique take

This collection ran the spectrum from one's I really enjoyed and found some new authors to follow up with more books. To some stories that made no sense at all... I enjoyed enough that I would recommend this collection to anyone who likes beauty and the beast... Just don't expect anything similar to what you are used to, these stories take huge stretches from the original.. Spanning from dragon beasts with Norse God influenced heroines to clockwork and steam punk, wolves to vampires.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cillian the beast and Beauty an orphan becomes his chosen ward. They are living in a world made of lies. The people think the war is still going on, but it had been over for years. Cillian was a human cyborg, which was forbidden. Can the two become more and help the people from the ones that created this nightmare they live in? Really good remake of the classic fairytale.

Barbara
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book I am reviewing in this set is by A.W. Cross, a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. This story is one I was not putting down until I finished. This is a dystopian world story with suspense, drama, danger, evil, twists, turns, and love. This is the first book by this Author that I have read and I will be looking to read more. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Heather Bane
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love fairytale retellings and this retelling did not disappoint. I loved the characters and the story. Both are very well written and had me not wanting to put the book down. Great retelling of beauty and the beast. I highly recommend reading Beauty, Unmasked.

Ruby McDemon
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forget Enchanted Castles - R. Castro - I really enjoyed Lily's story. I loved the innocent farm girl coming to the big city feel to this story. Plus I really enjoyed someone getting to see inventions (that aren't really new to us) for the first time. This was really a great story.
Gena
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Needs editing and the first two were a little weak in execution. Lost interest.
Lisa Whitehead
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
A lot of stories, but disappointing that some are prequels and not going to be finished till at least sometime 2020, while the first one is not much of a retelling and chock full of mistakes. Haven’t bothered to read more than a couple.
However, I did enjoy Thieves and monsters by Kelly N Jane. While at first I couldn’t stand the female protagonist - she seemed so stuck up and arrogant - she grew on me as the book went on.
Candy
Aug 21, 2019
Izzie
Dec 22, 2019
Majanka
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica Cox
Diana
Aug 02, 2019
Heids Van
Aug 02, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please remove author from box set 4 234 Jul 25, 2019 07:00AM

• A Dragon for Christmas (Shifters for Christmas, #2)
  • Defender Cave Bear (Protection, Inc: Defenders, #1)
  • Too Sinful to Deny (Gothic Love Stories #2)
  • Wolf Bride (Wolf Brides, #1)
  • A SEAL's Struggle (SEALs of Chance Creek Book 9)
  • Too Wicked to Kiss (Gothic Love Stories #1)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Dropbears (The City Between #5.5)
  • Thankful for the Cowboy (Thanksgiving Books & Blessings Collection Two Book 3)
  • A Shining Star
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • Tripp's Trivial Tie: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 2)
  • Amish Thanksgiving  (Amish Seasons #5)
  • Spring of Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving Books & Blessings Collection Two Book 5)
  • A SEAL's Desire (SEALs of Chance Creek Book 8)
  • Ruby's Rhapsody (The Surveyor's Daughters Book 2)
  • Elizabeth (Angel Creek Christmas Brides #8)
  • Rock's Revelation (Tales from Biders Clump #11)
A.W. Cross is made of 100% star stuff. She write social science-fiction and futuristic fairy tale retellings and lives in the gorgeous wilds of Canada with her family and a deep nostalgia for the 80s.

She also writes books about living with chronic illness and IBD, and blogs on her IBD website, screamingmeemie.com.

Follow her on Twitter (@aw_cross), Facebook, or visit her website or IBD blog: