Start by marking “Separation Anxiety” as Want to Read:
Separation Anxiety

Separation Anxiety

Separation Anxiety is a hilarious, heart-breaking and thought-provoking portrait of a difficult marriage, as fierce as it is funny.... My advice: Start reading and don’t stop until you get to the last page of this wise and wonderful novel." —Alice Hoffman

From bestselling author Laura Zigman, a hilarious novel about a wife and mother whose life is unraveling and the well-intentioned but increas/>From“Separation
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Ecco

To ask other readers questions about Separation Anxiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Separation Anxiety

Start your review of Separation Anxiety
Natalie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seeing Laura Zigman’s name on a novel after so many years, actually made me very happy. I remembered her extremely clever book, ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, from many years ago. The moment I received the ARC from Netgalley, I eagerly read it.

Happily, I was not disappointed. This is about a family in crisis, not a sudden crisis, but years worth of pain, misunderstandings, loss and writer’s block. It’s the story of Judy who had early success in writing and is now blocked and her husband Gary, paralyzed by h
Chelsea
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
An ARC copy of the book fell into my hands.

I am very mixed on how I feel about this book- but overall I can say I liked it. I liked the writing. The story was generally funny, sad, relatable- and not at the same time. It dragged reading a bit in the middle, but picked up with more shenanigans. At times it felt a little over the top.

I struggled a bit with the fact that this really was a privileged problems book. Then again, perhaps that is in part why it felt relatable. It felt hard to like the
Julie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a longtime Laura Zigman fan, loved Animal Husbandry. This is not only her best book yet, it is THE best book yet. Seriously, I laughed and was so sad when it was over. I plan to buy it for everyone when it comes out!
Lilly Schmaltz
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins Publishers for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Judy's life is not exactly how she planned. Her marriage is failing, her teenage son doesn't want to talk to her, and her best friend is dying. In an unexpected turn of events (finding her son's old baby sling in the basement) she has begun wearing the family dog in a sling to cope.

This book was both comedic and heartbreaking for me. I related to it in ways I didn't think I w
Morgan Schulman
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I received an advanced reader's copy in exchange for an honest review

I loved this book. Such a refreshing change from mom-lit where everyone is at Big Little Lies level, You relate to her and her family. I felt less ashamed, and they are not even real
Sue
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This humorous novel is about getting old and life changing - something that happens to all of us but some people accept it better than others. As with many people, the main character feels that she is invisible to the rest of the world but she comes up with a strange way to handle her feelings. I empathized with her because I've had a lot of the same feelings so it was great to read a funny book about life changing as you get older.

Judy is 50 years old. She has a surly teenage son wh
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
An advance copy read - which is rare for me - I really enjoyed and could see this become a very popular book club selection. The protagonist is a 50-year old woman, mother, invisible person who finds comfort wearing her dog in a baby sling - how could I not love it?!
Lydia
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Weird, funny, relatable. I mean, wouldn’t you carry your beloved dog around in a sling all the time if you could?
Kelly Long
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, fiction, netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review
Overall, I enjoyed this book but I had issues with how mental illness was portrayed. I did like that it shows how beneficial dogs can be for improving mental health although the fake service dog issue has really gotten out of hand in today's world that I feel it hurts the legit people who have trained service animals. As far as mental illness was portrayed, I feel like it was trivialized and felt ba
Deirdre Rosenberg
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is not the kind of book I normally read, but I was really intrigued by the cover. As it turns out, I adored this book. It was funny, sad and very relatable. It is a book about loss and hope and love. I was crying my eyes out by the end and appreciate this book for what it is. The simplicity of it mixed with the unease of some of it really stuck a cord with me. This book is not as light as the cover would have you believe and that is a good thing.
Muhemed Masika
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To leave what you know is being to anxious
Carry a book with you
Jul 22, 2019
Janet
Nov 14, 2019
Elizabeth Sile
rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2019
Elijah Oakes  Benson
Sep 29, 2019

• Nothing to See Here
  • All Adults Here
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Eight Perfect Murders
  • Writers & Lovers
  • Valentine: A Novel
  • A Beginning at the End
  • Privilege
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Dutch House
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
Laura Zigman grew up in Newton, Massachusetts, and graduated from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and the Radcliffe Publishing Procedures Course.

She spent ten years working in New York in book publishing where she was a publicist for Times Books, Vintage Books, Turtle Bay Books, Atlantic Monthly Press, and Alfred A. Knopf.

After moving to Washington, D.C. and work