Start by marking “The Spirit in the Crypt (Jonny Roberts, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Spirit in the Crypt (Jonny Roberts, #1)

The Spirit in the Crypt (Jonny Roberts, #1)

When fifteen-year-old Jonathan Roberts goes out with his friends on a summer night, he doesn’t expect to be forced to enter a crypt by Francis Everton. To be forced to look at skeletons decaying in their graves.

To hear the voice, screaming at him. Screaming into his mind. Commanding him to leave.

What the voice in the crypt belongs to, he can only wonder. A demon? A ghost?
246 pages
Published June 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit in the Crypt, please sign up.
Alexander Lound Hi Ian,

Hi Ian,

I've already started writing the sequel to The Spirit in the Crypt, and know exactly what is going to happen, so watch this space! As for how many, I'd love to let the series breathe organically, and I think I'll keep writing books until Jonny's story comes to a natural end :)

Have I had experience of going into a crypt? Absolutely! I've been under plenty of churches and cathedrals, though admittedly the crypt from my book is mostly from imagination!

All the best,

Alex(less)

Milica
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me by the author himself in exchange for an honest review. The Spirit in the Crypt is Alexander Lound’s debut novel, so I didn’t really know what to expect, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. His storytelling is really “cozy”, so it draws you in before you even realize what’s happening.
I won’t add any major spoilers here, but I have to point out some facts. This book is the first in what will hopefully be the series of books about Jonny Roberts…who is a medium. Yup
The Library Ladies
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult
(originally reviewed at thelibraryladies.com )

Thank you to Alexander Lound for approaching our blog and sending me an eARC of this book!

It’s been a little bit since I read a good old fashioned angry ghost story, and luckily I didn’t have to look far. I was approached by YA author Alexander Lound to see if I’d be interested in reading his new book “The Spirit in the Crypt”, and by the time I was diving in I realized that I had been in a serious mood for a story such as this. It checks off the bo
Brittany Lamb
Note: I received a free, advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the author for the reading and reviewing opportunity.

“The dark wasn’t physical, it couldn’t pull at me or warn me. It wasn’t alive. Right?”

The Spirit in the Crypt is a creepy ghost story that is quickly paced and full of mystery.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, short stories are hard for me to connect with sometimes because they are so… well, short… but Lound made the main charac
Jessica Belmont
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
You know what is refreshing as a book blogger and reader? Reading a really great, debut novel. This story is right up my alley. A ghost story, full of mystery, great characters and writing that kept me invested.

From the first page, I was hooked. I never thought about putting the book down the entire way through, and I read it in one sitting. The Spirit in the Crypt is mysterious, and keeps you guessing. It’s creepy, really well written, and very addicting.

Johnny is a typical teenager. He has the
Lena
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely recommend if you love a good supernatural mystery. It’s well written and has you wanting more. Can’t wait for his next books!
Steph Warren
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free ARC of this book with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

The Spirit in the Crypt is a chilling ghost story aimed at older teens and young adults.

The main character, Jonny, is very relatable – hanging around with his friends, eating pizza and playing computer games – but unfortunately the other kids at his school just don’t agree.

Thrown into an ominous crypt one night and held there against his will, Jonny discovers he can see and hear the
Tanya
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by synopsis straight away and I knew this book was a perfect choice to read on my travels. Although this is a genre I'm not very familiar with as far as books concerned, I do, however, enjoy watching horror films, occasionally, specifically those involving some kind of spirits or poltergeist experience, which is also what the main character deals with in the story.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, and I do think it's best going into this book without knowing much about t
Ashley
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
The Spirit in the Crypt is Alexander Lound’s debut novel.
I’ve heard this is going to be the first in series following the main character Jonny Roberts.

This is Jonny’s first spirit encounter the story follows him dealing with being a young teenager, keeping ahold of friends making new ones and bullying typical teenage things right! But on top of that he accidentally stumbles across a very angry spirit and discovers he is a
Ian Hornett
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first foray into this genre for many years. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was intrigue in the story and a pace which kept me wanting to come back to it every night. The tension is handled carefully, ebbing and flowing, so that the reader has moments to reflect on what has just happened before being taken into the next part of the story. We gradually get to know Jonny Roberts' character and motivations through a mixture of introspection, action and relevant dialogue ...more
Katie Ham
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After being given the text by the author, I was pleasantly surprised to find a compelling story, interesting and realistic protagonist and a believable story.

When I become hooked on a book it is typically all I can think of and this book really hooked me. Whilst I was at work I would think about it in desperation to know what would happen next. I found the main character, Johnny, to be a supremely believable teenage boy with an interesting family life and fascinating arc - he is a good person to
Charlotte Ashcroft