Start by marking “Bayou: King of the Rising Tides” as Want to Read:
Bayou: King of the Rising Tides

Bayou: King of the Rising Tides

Mermaids are disappearing at an alarming rate, and no one knows who or what has happened to them. Not to mention, the very waters they call home are now killing them and has the Merpeople facing extinction.

Something or someone is out to destroy the Water Realm, and it is King Bayou Moreau’s duty to figure out what is going on and save his people. He turns to the one pers
Published May 15th 2019 by Royalty Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Bayou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayou

Michelle B.
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alot!

This one also had so much going on, that I need a nap. But, the end with so many deaths... Wow, can somebody be saved! Yes, it's a statement not question. A magic rewind or something. All the books end with an impending war, let's bring it. Can't wait for more non-stop action and steamy scenes.
Kitani
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow because I definitely want more. Work kept me having to pause my reading but I was finally able to finish. So many lies led to untold truths and when it was finally revealed it was too late. I loved how Aquarius was willing to step up and protect Coral after her foolish mistakes. Croatoan was really seeking revenge and I don't like him at all. Marci needs to get her life because something is truly not right with her. I need Bayou to pull some strength from somewhere and show ...more
Dee
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
As usual Annitia L. Jackson did not disappoint! I like how she brings characters from her other books to later books, but in a way that you don't necessarily have to have read the other books. It's like one big happy family and you move from one side to the other side. So in this side of the family drama the underworld water realm is under siege. Bayou is shooting his shot at his mate while trying to take care of the kingdom, and his sister, Coral. The villain is from within and old enemies team ...more
💖KrissyLPlug💖
Another 5⭐ banger!!

This author never fails me, and has done it again! This book had so many twists and turns. It takes you through so many emotions. Bayou truly loved Rachal and he would do anything to show and prove. Aquarius was a real man and for Coral he really stepped up to the plate. I don’t know how to feel about Angel because on the one hand I understand his decision, but on the other, I think he handled it wrong. That ending left my mouth ha going open. I can’t wait for pt 2 so I can se
huanna prentice
In My Feels

Annitia tsk tsk tsk...... WHY WOULD YOU WILLFULLY PLAY WITH OUR EMOTIONS LIKE THAT??!! Coral was a lil annoying at first but sis for her some act right....This dizzy dora chick Marci got me rocking back and forth biting my lip !!!! I'm screaming For the Duvals to come thru and wreck some ish frfr!! I hope that Qua is not really dead because...... I need part 2 to come thru EXPEDITIOUSLY!!! I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU ANNITIA (except with those words to be continued)🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Read Wor
Chante Sands
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was in my to read pile for a while so i decided to read it. I normally love books from this author, however i couldn't get into this book. I read for a while, and then i put it down and picked it back up but i couldn't get into the grove of the book. The writing that i read was good, but i just couldn't get into the storyline which is weird to me because I normally love these types of books. I might try to read it again later on and if anything changes ill update how i feel in my revie ...more
Lisa Dukes
Awesome 💖

Annitia as always you never leave me disappointed. I can't wait for part two to see how things are going to end. Because knowing you things are never what they seems you always have something up your sleeve. You turned me on to a whole new world and I love it more and more with each book. Now get to work on part two because we are waiting. Lol Keep up the excellent work.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Faith
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining Read

This was my first read by this author. Never thought about a paranormal story with mermaids, but it did hold my attention. The author has created quite an imaginative story filled with relationship drama, family rivalry and fighting off villains. Kind of like a paranormal soap opera. I was shocked at the ending, looking forward to part 2 to see how the drama plays out.
TorriiA
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
A little slow 🧜🏾♀

This book was ok but also a little anticlimactic. I understand we need the back story on “croatoan” but still I felt a drag while reading. Also I know it’s good to give details but I feel the sex scenes didn’t require every bump & noise sound to be literally written out. I feel it takes up space that could be used for more action.
My opinion though 🤷🏽♀
tanessia ford
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Petty

In the name of all that is petty I wasn’t ready for this one. I understand where Angel was coming from I do. But he didn’t have to do Nola like that. I hope she finds someone else and he loses his ish. I knew Marci was going to be a problem. Now I have to impatiently wait for part 2. You never disappoint. Sensational
Linda
Part 2

Omg nooo not the king I hope he comes back alive. I really hope Rachael doesn’t change in become dark but save the people. I really hope coral and qua can make it. Angel selfish I didn’t like that. I hope the uncle dies and everybody that betrayed the king of the water realm. I can’t wait till part 2 I need it asap. I love your books the just keep coming.
Daphne
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

This was a good start to this new series. Bayou's reign as king is threatened by a powerful source. Rachal is fighting a losing battle with her true self. Nola is playing a dangerous game. Croatoan was an interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything turns out with how things ended.
sharonda
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yessss omg yes MUST READ ❗❗

I finish this in two days. I have look over this book for a while and I just Decided to try . And it don’t not disappoint. This was better the Harry Potter, true blood and vampire diaries put together with black people the authors imagination is amazing I ready to start the next book and I will be read more from this author
Nikki Woods
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
👍👍👍👍👍

I am never dissatisfied when I read one of Annitia's books. She is fire when it comes to paranormal writing. Coral was a spoil brat. She kicked off the drama when she slept with her best friend boyfriend. King Bayou was a good King. He sacrificed his life for his people and the love of his life Rachal. I hope Rachel can bring him back. Can't wait till part 2
Cindy
Loved it

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Annitia you never disappoint me. I feel like it ended too quickly. I kept reading and stopping trying to make it last. Why you do me like that at the end. You got my nerves all rattled. I loved it though. Can't wait til part 2.
Gina StyleRocks
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This story was just ok. The flow of the book for the most part was ok. However, I probably would have enjoyed it more if it didn’t have an urban twist to it. I love urban fiction, but it just did not mesh well with this paranormal story. This story was entertaining though and I do plan to read part two.
Chiquita
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fan! 🤞🏾❤

Didn’t get into paranormal books until this year! Author Annitia Jackson has just blew my mind! I’ve never find mermaids and supernatural beings to be so intriguing until finishing this book! From beginning to end, I was pulled in and man did my heart go out to these characters! Forever a fan! 💙
🌺Keal🌸
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read

I can’t wait for Croatoan to get what’s coming for him! I really hope Qua isn’t dead! This book had me all in my feelings! I need book 2 to right now. Poor Rachal and Nola and what happened to the Princess and the baby! I have so many questions! Hurry up Annitia!!! This book was EVERYTHING! 🔥🔥🔥
melissa johnson
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Omg I enjoyed everything about this book I just hope Aquarius is not dead or the king there’s so much more that I want for them all I can’t wait to read book 2 I will not spoil this for u read it yourself
Evette Prince
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need to know what happened come on next book
Extremely good read very detailed n o errors author did beyond an excellent job stop reading my review & go read the book trust u will not b disappointed 😊
Renee
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nay

Now I am so mad at you how you gonna leave me hanging like that.You done killed off everybody all my book baes.I can't wait for part 2 so Ican find out what happened.straight page turner
BookPlugJai
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

You are killing this paranormal gane Annitia Jackson. I don't want to give away what happens but this book is so good. It keeps you intrigued the whole time. And I can't wait to see what happens next hurry up with part 2 cause I know if doesn't end like that
BookPlugMegz
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Paranormal Read!!

Annitia’s paranormal stories always catch my attention and this was no different. Bayou and Aquarius have to be ok. Coral was making me so bad in the beginning but I kind of like her now. Ready to read part 2.
Lacreshia
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very interesting first book I have read from this author I wish the book was longer however this is a good read if you like Paranormal Supernatural this is definitely a book to read mermaids succubus and otherworldly creatures I definitely am anticipating book 2
Charmaine Downs
A five star Banger!

Oh my the tumultuous storyline this
read contains is so very explosive. This re
ad will have you up and floating furiously on to the next page until you're done. One click for a paranormal emotionally filled read.
Valencia Coleman
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dope book

Once again you brought the heat . Can’t wait on part 2
I know Aquarius and coral just now getting together and hope they not dead . Please let them be able to defeat croatoan. And I hope bayou come back for rachal
TaMeca Watkins
😲😲😲

Oh my f***king goodness !!! I’m really trying to wrap my head around what I just read !! I know there has got to be some great plot twist ! Like something that was said and I missed it because honey.....
VirgoShaun  🧚🏽‍♂️
I wasn’t ready!!!

Bayou.....like that!!? Lordt take me now!!! Lol Such detail in the history of the King and each characters!! I’m ready for part two now!! Every time...I think I know I don’t....lol This is a must read with a mix of 🗣EVERYTHING PARANORMAL!!!
Kinisha
Woooooooowww

I am truly mind blown!! I was not expecting any of this and I am seriously stuck on pause. I don’t even wanna give parts of the story away because it’s truly worth the read. Definitely looking forward to part two!
BookPlugTee
Waterworld troubles

Can you bring in book 2 already!! This book got so much going on with all the drama, family secrets, betrayal, and scorned lovers. Hope everyone can come together and defeat their greatest enemy and the ones who are helping him!!!