Start by marking “Under the Sycamore (The Kendrick Pennsylvania Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Under the Sycamore (The Kendrick Pennsylvania Series Book 1)

Under the Sycamore (The Kendrick Pennsylvania Series Book 1)

Welcome to Kendrick Pennsylvania... where the secrets and lies are rooted deep

For Evan Masters one secret has controlled and destroyed her life. A secret that has kept her from the one place she could truly call home. A secret that has kept her from the person she loves most. But, when that person calls for her help, Evan swallows down her fears and goes and finds that
Published May 14th 2019 by Imperial Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Under the Sycamore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Sycamore

Start your review of Under the Sycamore (The Kendrick Pennsylvania Series Book 1)
CourtRocks
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paperback-owned
3.5 Decent Stars!

This was a decent book for a debut author, which I'm pretty sure this author is. It did have a good suspense theme to it, though it was a little anticlamatic, the story never dragged. I did feel we could have used more details and descriptions, because it was a little redundant. It was also insta-lust, and became insta-love a little too quick, and even then I felt as if they only loved each other for their looks really; their hearts were never really in it. This book was also
Cassandra Haywood
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is m first time reading a book by this author. I really like how the characters were well written and you can see and feel what they are going through. Each character had their own dark secrets that caused a lot of hurt and pain in their life, which led them to make some unhealthy choices for themselves.
I loved Aunt Polly she was a wise smart woman who knew what everyone needed to bring some love and happiness to their life. I like the way she was able to get her niece Evan and her neighbor
Lea Williams
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I felt I knew and really cared about Levi and Evan, the main characters, as the story went on. This talented new author gave them depth and a real sense of humanity. The supporting characters gave the story layers and they were just as endearing. The plot/plot twists was such a fun ride as a reader. The erotic scenes were raw, real and perfect. Grab a glass of wine and settle in. You won’t want to stop reading. I can’t wait to buy her next book!
Barbara
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new Author to me and I found it to be a well written story. The story takes place in Kendrick, Pennsylvania and is Evan Masters and the secret she keeps and Levi Kinkaid and the lie that saved him. Two people hiding from the truth that just might be what sets the other free.I enjoyed reading this book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Rhonda Cave
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Definitely worth the read!!!

I had passed this book by so many times. To be honest, the blurb really didn't do it justice. This book is so much more than what the blurb says. It is so moving! I really enjoyed this story. Evan and Levi come so far. Looking forward to reading Rex and Della's story. J. McCreary wrote such a moving story. Thoroughly moving and intriguing story. Have some tissues.
Lisa H
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Neighbors

Evan is visiting her Aunt Polly.
Polly is getting on in years.

Levi lives next door and has grown close to Aunt Polly. They share their secrets. Some Polly won’t remember.

Aunt Polly wants to fix up Evan with Levi.

Jackie Roberts
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, slow burn love story about second chances, and missed opportunities.

This was a great Holiday read. The story was very well written with great characters. The story drew me in and I had it finished in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.

Jay
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Evan and Levi were made for each other. Both had less than perfect childhoods and both had secrets that were long buried. But would they stay buried? And what did the old sycamore tree have to do with everything? Read this sweet tale to find out!

Shana
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet story about a lost woman and her finding her way back home. It has all the makings of a great story, tragedy, love, and Aunt Polly (my new shero). I highly recommend!

Lynn
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourite reads so far this year. All of the characters drew me into the storyline, which was fresh and rivoting. I did not put the book down until I finished the last word. Loved it.

Tina
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Under the Sycamore is a full-length, standalone romantic suspense novel that is a heartfelt and touching story that may contain triggers for some.

Pamelon
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!!

My first book by J. McCreary and it was wonderful. The characters and storyline combined kept me reading until the last page. Looking forward to the next book.
Kellane Ayanna Mitchener
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this story about overcoming terrible things happening to you in your youth, add in a beautiful love story and it all comes together. Levi and Evan were made for each other.
Annie
May 19, 2019
Shani Greene-Dowdell
May 16, 2019
J. McCreary
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
LaRonda Mahdi
Aug 18, 2019

• Falling for Him
  • Safe with Her Bears: A Yellowstone Pack Novel
  • In Too Deep
  • MAX (A Sexy Standalone Contemporary Bad Boy Billionaire Romance)
  • The Sheik's Forgotten Princess (The Sheiks of the Arabian Coast Series Book 4)
  • Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)
  • Grit and Grind (Dirty South, #1)
  • The Irish Don's Black Beauty: Part Two
  • Preacher (The Untouchables MC, #5)
  • Chains` Redemption
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • The Nordic Lightning
  • Jameson (New Hope Shifters Book 1)
  • Jackson (New Hope Shifters Book 2)
  • The Irishman (For The Love Of The Irish, #1)
  • Shattered Promises
  • Enraged (Iron Vex MC, #1)
  • Bastion (O-Men: Liege's Legion, #2)
J. McCreary resides in Battle Ground Washington where she lives for pajamas, coffee and rainy days. She is the wife of a bearded man-child, mother of a teenage daughter and mom to two giant dogs and one sassy little cat.
When she isn't writing you can find her looking at Pinterest, drinking beer or taking a nap. She lives a very full and exciting life.
Her 5th grade teacher predicted she would be a