Start by marking “Charming Like Us (Like Us, #7)” as Want to Read:
Charming Like Us (Like Us, #7)

Charming Like Us

(Like Us #7)

As the hottest bodyguard on Security Force Omega, Oscar Oliveira has no trouble finding a warm body at any odd hour. But he's ready for more.

And for the first time in this ex-pro boxer's life, he just got rejected. For a kiss.

Oscar's friends warned him not to fall for the straight guy, but flirty, sexy-as-hell Jack Highland made that difficult. Now Jack has Oscar's sweater
Published June 23rd 2020 by K.B. Ritchie

To ask other readers questions about Charming Like Us, please sign up.
Ruta S. Tom Cobalt is the only male member of the Rainbow Brigade who doesn't have a spouse and he is gay, so if they write a book about him it will be M/M.
A…more
And I think they are gonna write at least one book about all HMC kids.(less)

Start your review of Charming Like Us (Like Us, #7)
Ellen
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
All I can say after reading these "reviews" (and the book's not even due out for a couple of months) is that the fans of this series are as opinionated and mean as the paps and admirers of the HMC families in the books. Sheesh.

10/17/20: I've finished the book so now I can leave a star rating... What a concept - actually reading the book before praising/trashing it with a false star review!

I liked it! It's definitely not an epic yarn, but it's entertaining and fun reading about Jack (who was basi
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really don’t have much to say, if I’m honest.

This book was very unnecessary and only released for Pride month -you cannot tell me otherwise when it’s that clear. I’m not saying the story was horrible or harming but it was boring.

I never cared for Jack and Oscar and I tried my best to not go through this book skipping pages but it was hard. The first chapters were okay and actually cute. Their banter was funny but then everything went downhill. And I’m not going to lie, I was on board with the
Andrea
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is currently 6 AM, I’ve been up all night reading this amazing and beautiful book. I’m sleep deprived and I’m hungry, but it was 100% worth it.

This really is the perfect standalone romance novel. Oscar and Jack are the cutest and softest couple of the series so far. Their support and love for each other makes me giddy. I loved the angst and drama at the beginning of the book, which later turned into this beautiful romance. *swoon* While I’m sad this is the only book they get, I really couldn’
Christy
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

32573457_88C2_4C8F_B772_A2AE57D9B9F3_IMG_7452

This is the seventh book in the 'Like Us' series and I can't get enough! Though the 'Addicted' series will always and forever be my favorite series of all time, I enjoy these books so much!

Oscar Oliveira is the body guard to Charlie Colbalt. And boy, is it a job. Charlie might be the hardest of the famous ones to chase around. But Oscar is great at his job and takes it seriously. Jack Highland is filming the series the famous ones star on and gets hired to film just Charlie for a si
Wendy
After reading:

Wow, I had such an awesome time reading this one while my kid was at soccer practice!!!

All joking aside, this book was absolutely awesome, just as I expected it to be. Oliviera and Jack were all kinds of cute!!! Jack is definitely one of my favorites in this series. He is such a fun and naughty dude.

I am also giddy as hell that we are getting more Sulli Akara and Banks books and that Luna and Donnely will be getting their own books. So much awesomeness to look forward to!!!

All t

● Amazon: http://bit.ly/CLUAmazon
● Apple Books: http://bit.ly/CLUAppleBooks
● B&N: http://bit.ly/CLUNook

Beta read: June 7th, 2020

Thanking these 2 amazing authors is not enough for wanting to highlight the Filipino culture in one of their books. Getting my help (and Jenn's) to shape up the Filipino side of the book is too surreal I cannot express how I really feel right now. Being grateful and beyond thankful doesn't even cut it.

Yes, together with
Bee
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

This book was like a ray of sunshine and I felt so good, so happy reading it. It felt like free therapy. Free pizza. Warm hugs and kisses. The best kind of comfort I could’ve wanted in this moment.

“You’re Team Jack Highland?”
“Let’s put it this way—whatever president was sitting at the top of the Jack Highland fan club has been dethroned by me.”

Oscar and Jack were absolutely adorable. Their love was so heartwarming, their journey from the first page till the last one was something I
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Had Actually Expected More*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The review:
It was alright up until 65%. The book got quite boring, nothing happened, the romance got too quickly early on in the story. I even started skimming the sex scenes after 70% into the book. Charlie is still annoying as hell and I still don't like him and I still won't forgive him for how he treated Moffy, even though he did help him. I just don't like his personality or his way of doing things. I also still can't get over my small ship of Don
Corina
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I'm incredibly sad to admit but this book didn't work for me as much as I hoped it would. But I think if you are a fan of Oscar and Jack, if you ship them, you'll adore it. They are a cute MM couple, and have a cute story, with some wonderful Charlie scenes.

But I'll be honest here, I didn’t love the book. I didn’t fall in love with the O&J. And I skipped and skimmed at times. And that has NEVER happened before.

I don't really know what the issue was. Maybe because Oscar and Jake had some big shoe
Phuong ✯
Charlie Keating Cobalt is here to save the day. I love the oldest son of Rose and Connor the most. The true MVP of this book.

Charming Like Us is about Oscar Oliveira and Jack Highland. They were side characters in the previous books. One is the bodyguard to one of the kids of the famous family (Charlie Cobalt) and the other guy is the producer for the reality show “We Are Calloway”. I found both characters irrelevant as side characters and not very interesting so it’s no surprise that I found th
Lily
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of the “ meu raio de sol” stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It’s Oscar and Jack take on Philly, New York, California, the world—you and me, Long Beach.”

This whole series is amazing and this book was everything that I’ve wanted for Highveira. It was swoony, emotinal and heartfelt.
I love Jack and Oscar with all of my heart. Their love was radiant. Pure sunshine and magic. My favorite part was how adorable, funny, mature, sexy, SWOONY, these two were.
The Midnight sun in Greenland? My heart.
Bhavya Marya
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Me before reading this book :
HIGHVEIRA ! HIGHVEIRA ! HIGHVEIRA !

Me after reading this book :
CHARLIE ! CHARLIE ! CHARLIE !

I just couldn't stop smiling throughout the book. I enjoyed the hell out of this book. The whole time reading this, I was just feeling giddy and happy. I think it's safe to say this is the perfect feel good M/M romance novel. But there are some emotional moments in this book that gutted me.

The romance between Oscar and Jack was amazing. They make a fantastic couple. As I was
haletostilinski
So, don't let the rating fool you. My general understanding of all this is that mainly straight (women, for the majority) who mainly read MF and had been shipping Sulli and Akara from like book 1 got pissed when it was revealed that it would Sulli, Akara AND Banks, so a poly book, and it ruined their ship, and straight white women took that to mean that the authors just want to fetishize men together, and so started giving the book 1 star ratings before it has even been released. They did the sa ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

I liked this one, but I didn't love it.

Pros:
(1) I do like the Ritchie sister writing style. While clocking in at over 7,000 locations it read much faster than that. Always lots of dialogue.
(2) Jack.
(3) Oscar. Though at times he read like Farrow to me. Maybe that's just me projecting my love for Farrow on to Oscar?
(4) Some of their sweet moments together.
(4) All of the scenes with Moffy, Farrow and Ripley.

Cons:
(1) It was repetitive at times, as is common with this series.
(2) Not a
Nyca Cuaderno
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Why is this even book #7? Why are we getting another mm couple so that the fb soccer moms can get off?

Is it too late to save Jack and Oscar from this mess?
Arianna
well well well. here we are.

i have a lot of thoughts and feelings about this book. so this is going to be a jumbled mess.

firstly, what the FUCK was that ending? oscar what the FUCK!!!!! why in the everloving fuck would this guy (who loves his job so much he has been charlie's bodyguard for the last 5 years and wants to continue doing it) offer himself to be the center of attention on an aired SERIES????? with his BOYFRIEND???? yeah. makes sense.

the marriage? where did that come from? i got whi
Manuela
Sep 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
krista and becca ritchie writing another m/m book because the soccer moms said they wanted a new ship they could masturbate to. if you want a m/m book written by authors whi are respectful of the lgbt+ community and their readers THIS WILL NOT BE IT
thea ♡
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
i literally do not understand why people are rating this book when it’s not even out yet.

me: [excited for jack’s inevitable gay panic]

finished: june 22 - 23, 2020 | 4:06 PM — 4.5 stars

let me correct myself: jack's inevitable gay panics, as in plural

spoilers ahead!

i adore this series — like i'm so hooked into these characters that i'd probably be stuck with them for 10 or 20 or 30 books more and i wouldn't complain. the core 6 will always hold a special place in my heart that's different from th
Jenn
Get ready for a feel-good romance that will make you feel light and joyful inside, and will leave you floating on cloud 9! Oscar and Jack’s chemistry is palpable. I don’t know what it is with this book but I can FEEL all the tension. I can feel the unrequited love that Oscar’s feeling and I can feel Jack’s turmoil. I just want to step in the middle and help them open their eyes to the truth! I’m sitting here cheering them both on thinking, omg just kiss already!!!!!!!!

description

I think Jack is the perfec
Lula Grayson
4.5/5

First of all I want to talk about how GOOD these books are written. Even when my first language is not english and I self-taught-it, missing a lot of grammatical important things, I can say that these books are good.
The authors never fail in taking your attention from everything around you and wrap you up into the world of these famous families, their bodyguards and the production team.

So, in the previous books we started to notice that Jack's flirty ways started to get into Oscar's head
Sharon
When I found out about this book being about Oscar and Jack, I wasn’t particularly excited about it – but I’m SO glad at how much I ended up adoring them!

I was mainly skeptical because since Book 1, it looked like there’d be a love triangle with Sulli, Akara, and Jack. So finding out Oscar and Jack would have a book, when there were limited interactions b/w them up to that point– I was thrown off.

Fortunately, this book did a really good job setting up their romance. It started off in a rather am
julia ♥
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
this entire book felt like a filler episode of pokemon like who are these characters 😴
AJ
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it

I was so excited to start this book, delving back into the all-consuming Addicted/Like Us world and losing myself amongst characters that I love so much and, as expected, I loved it!

The storyline in this book is a bit different from the previous ones, moving away from the famous families and focussing on two of the supporting players of the series – super hot bodyguard, Oscar Oliveira, and filmmaker/producer, Jack Highland. That’s not to say that it’s not still strongly focussed on the
Cătălina Mihaela
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
*Mild spoilers ahead* Read with caution!

Update: Finally finished reading this book. It took me so long because I didn't really have time to read these past months (life happened). So, I've updated the one star to three stars because I can't lie, this book was pretty good... until I got to the marriage part (sorry, mild spoiler). I liked that Krista's and Becca's books are more character driven than plot driven, but what I don't like lately in their books is the unrealistic parts and the fact t
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I confess I’m a huge fan of the Like Us series. I’m totally obsessed with the famous families and the entire team of colorful bodyguards that protect them. I’m bummed that Charming Like Us didn’t knock my romance-loving socks off, but I still enjoyed reading it. I guess I’m still coming down off my Maximoff and Farrow high from Headstrong Like Us. I’m starting to think no other couple can touch them.

Charming Like Us is about snack-loving bodyguard Oscar Oliveira and his unrequited crush
Evergracefully
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Binge read the entire Like Us series within a week and DESPERATELY waiting for Charming Like Us to come out. One of my favourite romance series EVER!!!!
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Charming Like Us, it’s a very solid effort by KBR, although not my favorite book of theirs. I love a good GFY story from time to time. Oscar and Jack were both extremely likeable and very charming. I loved the dynamics between them and how the relationship developed although at times it felt pretty fast. I love these authors and their books. The Addicted/Calloway series is at the top of my list because it’s absolutely perfection. This world they have built and these characters, down to ...more
Alex
Feb 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: watch-for
Why is it rating/reviewing a book that HASN’T BEEN PUBLISHED even posible?

Not to ignore all the wrong-wing hate that is being spewed by drones claiming to love the Like Us. Guess they “forgot” that the first three books are ALL about the m/m romance of Maximoff Hale and Farrow Redford Keene.

** SPOILER ALERT **
The “people” writing worried “reviews” about this book and how it will undermine morality by normalize homosexuality are crazy nut jobs sent here by their cult leaders. Their accounts, e-ma
Nas
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
ready for my charlie cobalt breadcrumbs<3
i'm sure his shoulders are about to collapse from carrying the entire like us series on his back, yeah i said what i said
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Prometida (Perdida, #4)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone (Darcy & Rachel, #0.5)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Borrowed & Blue (Darcy & Rachel #1-2)
  • Roommate
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • The Lies That Bind
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)

NYT & USA Today Bestselling Authors Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love.

To stay up to date on new releases, bonus content, and more, sign up for K

Like Us (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Damaged Like Us (Like Us, #1)
  • Lovers Like Us (Like Us, #2)
  • Alphas Like Us (Like Us, #3)
  • Tangled Like Us (Like Us, #4)
  • Sinful Like Us (Like Us, #5)
  • Headstrong Like Us (Like Us, #6)
  • Wild Like Us (Like Us, #8)
  • Fearless Like Us (Like Us, #9)
  • Infamous Like Us (Like Us, #10)
  • Misfits Like Us (Like Us, #11)