Start by marking “The Princess Pose (The Modern Royals Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Pose (The Modern Royals Series Book 2)

The Princess Pose

(A Modern Royals #2)

A modern princess. A charming commoner. Can they hurdle tradition to find true love?

Princess Elizabeth “Liz” of York isn’t interested in a fairy tale life. Determined to use her elite platform to champion children’s causes, she’d much rather raise awareness than find her prince. If only she could stop picturing one certain gardener with vivid hazel eyes…

When the relentless

Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Pose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess Pose

Simona
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

With The Princess Pose Aven Ellis’ ma A Modern Royalsseries goes into round two. We already know the main character Liz, because she was in the first book and meet Roman, the gardener, in that story too.

She is Xander’s, Christian’s and James’ cousin. She has two sister Victoria and Bella. Liz lives at Kensington Palace as well and is a working royal, she really knows what she wants and loves looking after children.

Liz is not inte
Stacey
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Liz and Roman may come from two different worlds, but they work well together as a couple. Liz is very down-to-earth and Roman is more than willing to put up with the royal family and the press in order to be with her. Their chemistry was obviously in the first book in the series, A Royal Shade of Blue, but it's off the charts here.

It's obvious the author really does her research into the royals and their protocols, which adds a layer of authenticity to the story. As
Alley Ciz
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I need to find all the elegant words to write about Liz and Roman but I can't find them, so I'll just gush a little, or a lot.

I love this book so much. Liz is the perfect modern royal and Roman is so damn swoony. I loved being able to catch up with the squad. Liz is the perfect balance of fierce and vulnerable and all I want to do is be her friend and cheer her on.

Miss Ellis takes us into the world of the Royals in a way I feel like I'm actually walking the halls of BP with the chara
Whitney
Can a princess and a gardener overcome the obstacles due to royal traditions to see their love blossom?

The first story in the Modern Royals series, A Royal Shade of Blue, introduced us to Princess Elizabeth and Roman Lawler, an estate gardener and now they're back with their own story! Liz is definitely a modern royal-she desires to be a working royal, helping with children's charities and events, and hoping to break some of the stuffy traditions a few of her family members cling to. When she ru
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reading, 05-may
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Aven for my copy of this book. As you might know, I am a HUGE fan of Aven and her writing style. This is the second book in the modern Royals series but it could be read as standalone.

This book follows Liz and Roman. Liz and Roman met briefly in A Royal Shade of Blue (book 1)
Jackie Ziegler
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harry and Megan watch out.. Lizzie and Roman have arrived. Lizzie is part of the Monarchy but she is definitely not one to follow the rules.. A chance encounter last year with Roman, a gardener, makes her want to get to know him better.. When she finally does something to see him again she is not disappointed.. He is just as handsome as ever and she is smitten.. When he admits he has been thinking of her too they embark on a journey of love but will the royal way of life be something Roman can d ...more
Jennifer Dicenzo
Loved, loved, loved this book!! I have been looking forward to Liz’s story since she was mentioned in the first book. Roman is the perfect partner for her. They let each other be themselves and grow while supporting each other 100%. I love that this author does such research into her books with the surroundings, buildings, monarchy. But I especially love that Ms. Ellis used British English when telling her story. I think it gives an authenticity to the book and shows the effort she went through ...more
Chelsea Baute
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad Aven has ventured into the world of the royals. As a major royals enthusiast, these books are like getting a glimpse of what the real royals' lives are like. I loved getting to read about Liz and Roman. I was seriously rooting for them to get together in the last book and I am glad we got to watch it play out. I also loved how Aven set the time of year they meet during Christmas. It was seriously like a book version of a Hallmark Christmas movie (my weakness.) So if you love the roy ...more
Msb
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aven Ellis never disappoints. She has once again created multi-dimensional characters who experience joy and hardships and still come out on top. Roman is the sweetest, but Liz takes a bit of a divergence from typical Aven Ellis heroines. She is fierce and bold and stands up for herself right from the start of this book. I absolutely love the bond between the royal cousins and the King. Once again villainous royalty abound and ensure the reader has to root for the couple. A great, single-sitting ...more
Kierstin Carnahan
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am all about the royals. I love reading this series and comparing it to the real British royal family. I know it is impeccably researched and can feel the authenticity of England through the pages. I'm glad we continuously get updates about Christian and Clementine's stories and I can't wait to read about Xander's in the next book! I am a sucker for a cute, royal love story and I'd you are too, this is the book for you!
Nikki Young
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liz was introduced in the first Royals book but comes back with her own Royal story. Liz is a modern princess who wants to focus on her causes, but pushes societal restrictions when she starts dating Roman, the gardner. I enjoy how Aven puts a twist on her Royals but the characters remind us so much of the British aristocracy we all love. I love Aven Ellis books and this one does not disappoint.
Heather
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aven Ellis never disappoints me! If you are looking for a super sweet romance book go to aven Ellis! I absolutely loved everything about Liz and Roman! They were both very insecure but amazing together. They had some major rows, but they got through it! Beautifully written. I can't wait to see where aven takes these modern royals next
Aleena
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this book from the moment I finished A Royal Shade of Blue. It was everything I’d hoped for and more. The characters are amazingly well researched and whilst very royal, Liz is extraordinarily relatable!
Tricia Van Handel
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie

I couldn't wait to read the next book in the Royals series and this DID not disappoint! I love Liz's fiery spirit and it clear Roman does too! Can't wait to read the next book!
Candace  Stiles
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Richly Royal!

Aven Ellis gives us a glimpse of the what is likely the beauty and the ugly of being royal. I love Roman and Liz’s story, and am hoping that Xander’s story is just as beautiful and real as the first two. Can’t wait!
Karen Wolfer
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet story

A great summer read ... Even though it is set at Christmas. I love the Royals and this book was just fun!
Cori
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable reverse fairytale. A princess falls in love with a gardener and needs to learn how to not worry so much about protocol.
stephanie huntington
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this story, looking forward to more
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just lovely

Omg what a fabulous modern fairy tale read. Loved every bit of the storyline. Cannot wait to read the next in this series
Crystal
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aven Ellis has graced us with another Royal Story. But my review won’t say “a modern take on a princess fairytale.” Nope, Aven has taken your typical Royal Story and turned it on it’s end. Instead of common girl meets the Prince of her dreams, this book is about a firey Princess who meets the man of her dreams, who just happens to be a commoner.
He comes from a loving family who enjoy being with each other. She comes from a Royal Family who have plenty of conflicts and skeletons in their closet.
Cindra
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this. series!

Every book just keeps getting better and better in this wonderful modern-day royal romance series! Lizzie and Roman's fairytale romance truly is one of love conquering all no matter what your station is in life it's who you are inside that truly matters. I can't wait to read how Xander falls for his own forever love and makes her his princess and future queen. This series will make you smile, laugh, cry, growl at times, but it above all will leave you wanting more of The Mode
Becky Collins
Jun 24, 2019
Barbara M Rowland
May 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Aven began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes hockey and baseball romances and is launching a royal romance series this year.

Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed.

Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. She is a huge fan of both the Dallas Sta

A Modern Royals (2 books)
  • A Royal Shade of Blue (Modern Royals #1)