Start by marking “A Beautiful Disaster (Geek Life, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Disaster (Geek Life, #3)

A Beautiful Disaster

(Geek Life #3)

Geek Life: Book Three

When best friends Brenden and Dakota launch the biggest comics and pop-culture convention of their careers, they finally realize what everyone around them already knows: they’ve been in love for years.

Now what are they going to do about it?

Meticulously organized Brenden Wade and easygoing Dakota Nye turned their love of geek culture into a business,
Published July 30th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Disaster

Ami
I have been waiting for foster brothers/best friend, Brenden and Dakota’s story, since the very first time I read this series. There’s a glimpse of Brenden’s unrequited love towards Dakota. But at the same time, these two can’t seem to stop arguing whenever they are near each other in the comic convention. I expect that their story would be super explosive.

Interestingly… I didn’t really get that, but at the same time, because it finally told the story completely from their perspectives (not just
Sandra
This is the third book in the Geek Life series, focusing on Brenden Wade and Dakota Nye, who are business partners/organizers of many a convention, and some other things. We met them in the previous books, which reminds me - while this could in theory be read as a standalone book, I don't recommend you do. Read the first two as well, in that order, because the timeline starts with Book 1 and continues into the 2nd and this 3rd one here.

Brenden and Dakota have long been friends, like brothers. Bo
Joyfully Jay
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is the third book in the Geek Life series and I have enjoyed reading them all. I think this one is truly best appreciated if read in order, though it can be enjoyed as a standalone. Brenden and Dakota are polar opposites, Brenden being a fussy neat-freak who treasures order, rules, and the ability to control his life through elaborate planning, while Dakota’s an impulsive free spirit who relishes his no-strings life and pushing Brenden’s buttons. Their deep
Pam
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh, man. This one kinda turned into a slog for me to get through.

I'm torn between 2 and 2.5 stars because on the one hand, I was invested in these guys and their relationship, but on the other hand, I had serious issues with the narrative flow. To the extent that I would not have finished this if I weren't committed to do so for the sake of this review...

But let's start with the good: I really liked both MCs and loved their relationship/dynamic. I love when the MCs have a true best friends dynam
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

*I received a copy through the MMRG DBML program for honest review*

Synopsis: Brenden and Dakota have been best friends almost since they met (they had to fight quite a bit, first) when they were living with the same family. Brenden and Dakota were both being fostered, although Dakota was actually related to the foster family. Brenden can't remember a time when he hasn't really been in love with Dakota, but because of a promise made to his foster parents, he tries his hardest to stay away.
Natosha Wilson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book. It is about two foster brothers who never seen one another as that. Now don’t go thinking this is some kind of taboo read because that is not what this is. These two men are more best friends then anything and they was only in the same foster home for a short time together. The foster mom and dad that fostered both men still view them s theirs so that is the closest to taboo as it gets. This book has a lot of anguish and back and Forsyth on whether these two men shoul ...more
Neta
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to start with the fact I simply ADORE this series! I started with book #2 and even though Labbe changes POV every chapter and some of them are side characters (that are the MCs in the other books in the series) these books can totally be read as stand alones- but why not read them all, they are so good! I also like how the plots are a bit interlocked together, while still keeping each book a complete piece and never giving you the feeling like you are missing something because it happens ...more
JenCW
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4 Stars!

Brenden and Dakota are best friends, but almost complete opposites. Dakota goes with the flow, while Brenden has his never-ending checklists. They have each other's backs through all things, even when they drive each other crazy. They run conventions together and have a very large, important one coming up; in fact, it's so important that Dakota has moved back in with Brenden. One friendly comment makes Dakota impulsive enough to test the waters, leading to a night neither man can forget.
Sharon Cox
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
This is the third book in the Geek Life series but each book can be read as a standalone. That being said, I read them in order and this added to the enjoyment of all the stories, I think. I did not like it as much as I did book 1 but I am still happy to give it four stars and recommend it.
Brendan and Dakota have been raised as foster brothers and Brendan has always promised that Dakota will be his brother and there will never be any
Aelfwina
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as could-not-finish
blech.
Kristina
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series literally gets better and better with every book! I have been waiting for Brenden and Dakota’s story since they were first mentioned. Their chemistry was beyond hot.

Brenden is so much more than his grumpy exterior lets on. I love how much he loved not just Dakota but the whole Nye family. His need to clean when stressed is something I feel at times so i can definitely relate to that but his dedication is definitely something i need to work on. It really was inspiring to me how he kep
Kathleen
myriad obsessions
Jul 06, 2019
Amy
Jul 08, 2019
Marguerite has been accused of being eccentric and a shade neurotic, both of which she freely admits to, but her muse has OCD tendencies, so who can blame her? Her husband and son do an excellent job keeping her toeing the line, though. Together with her co-author Fae Sutherland, Marguerite has found a shared passion for beautiful men with smart mouths.

When she's not working hard on writing new m

Geek Life (3 books)
  • A Little Side of Geek (Geek Life, #1)
  • A Whole Latte Sass (Geek Life, #2)