Start by marking “I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)” as Want to Read:
I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)

I Thought It Was You

(Oceanic Dreams #4)

When Liv Turner takes a cruise to get away from a bad break-up, all she wants to do is hide from the world for a while—and maybe hang out with her brother, who works in the ship’s casino. But soon after boarding, three things happen in quick succession:

1. Liv meets Wells, a gorgeous charity worker on his way to Cozumel.
2. She discovers that her ex has completely drained
Kindle Edition
Published July 1st 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published June 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about I Thought It Was You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Thought It Was You

Start your review of I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
Rochelle
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book from this author that I have read and I will read more from her. I really enjoyed this cute novella. The characters were wonderful and very likeable. The plot was fast paced and kept you wanting more and I was sad when it ended. It was a quick read and you won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait to read more from this author.

Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Will love override lies?
I Thought It Was You by Kirsty McManus is wonderfully written romance and story about how new friends can sometimes be just what you need to turn your life around.
Olivia “Liv”
Liz is our lead character, and the story is from her perspective. She decides to take the Oceanic Aphrodite cruise to get away from her ex-boyfriend, who is a to
Unfortunately, I didn't like this one at all. If I'd known from the blurb that the heroine would be lying to almost everyone during basically the entire story (for money, no less), I would've skipped this one. The resolution of the main plot and all the subplots was a little too easy and cheesy, even for a novella.
Adele
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This is the fourth book in the Ocean Dreams series. You don't need to read any of the other books in the series to enjoy this instalment. Each book is centred around the adventures on a cruise ship, they are written by different authors and have new characters and storylines in each one and I would wholeheartedly recommend reading all the books in the series as they are great fun and ideal escapism on a cold wintry day.

I Thought It Was You is a fun, entertaining romcom written by Kirsty McManus,
Suzanne Hare
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oceanic Aphrodite is the cruise ship that Liv Turner boards as a gift from her brother who works on the ship. She agrees to come because she needs time after a bad break up what she didn’t know was that she was booked for the singles cruise and has to go to the events. When she first gets on board she meets Wells, a charity worker and they have a bit of a spark going on. Then she finds out that her ex has taken all her money and she is broke. She gets an offer to help a celebrity but it means sh ...more
Els
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s such bliss when it’s so cold over here that you can escape on a cruise where it is hot. Unfortunately for me it was only a virtual escape but I really felt better reading about the sun. 🙂

This book is another fun read, just like the previous stories in this series were. It’s nice to connect briefly with the main character from book 1 and being reminded of the fabulous act Janey and her partner treated us on.

The author has combined everything a great book in this genre needs : misunderstandin
Kristi
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and enjoyable read in the Oceanic Dreams series.

Liv is on the cruise getting over a bad break up and just wants to hide away from the world and hang out with her brother who works in the ship's casino. While on the ship she meets Wells, a gorgeous charity worker, who just might be the man of her dreams, she finds out her ex drained her bank account and TV celebrity Jamila Castro offers her $20,000 to play the role of her rehab nurse to stop an ex co-star from ruining her career. Being bro
Allie Bock
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another one in the Oceanic Dreams series. So far this series has been stellar, full of laughs and the good feels.

This story was so cute. I absolutely loved the premise. Heartbroken girl escapes to a cruise. She meets the boy of her dreams, but gets tangled up in a ruse. Then everything falls apart.

Liv was a fun character. I laughed out loud at her tactics. Jamila was also a hoot. The two girls developed an unlikely friendship that was essential to the plot.

I enjoyed Kristy’s story. It w
Brooke
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, I have read several books by this author and she never disappoints. This book was a really fantastic read.

Firstly, I loved how this story was so unimaginable yet, the way the characters were written, was so believable at the same time. I was lost in this story from the very beginning.

Also, I love, not only the whole good guys prevail and the bad guys get their comeuppance, but the actual growth and forgiveness the characters developed.

Finally, this can't go without mention, this book is h
Stephanie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Linda
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
⚓ Disguise, fake identity and subterfuge do not an honest relationship make!😕

💘🌅 An enjoyable short, sweet romance (or two) struck up on the high seas of the Caribbean. Nothing too deep, but minimal angst and a happy conclusion. I am a big fan of author Kirsty McManus and her scrappy heroines and Olivia Turner is a woman moving on from a bad relationship. Her adventures on the cruise bring several twists of fortune and repeated romantic temptation. I prefer the author's longer novels, but it's a
Marie Bourgery
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
After breaking up with her ex, Liv decides to go on a cruise that her brother works on. She soon finds out her ex cleaned out her savings account and she’s signed up for a single’s cruise. She runs into Wells who is only on the cruise because of the charity he works for and a famous American actress who is hiding out because she’s supposed to be in rehab over her ex boyfriend’s drugs. She offers Liv money to pretend to be her rehab nurse. One crazy event after another happens in this romantic co ...more
Molly
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liv had no idea when she came on a cruise to visit her brother, a crew member, that she would find herself with an empty checking account. Rotten cheating ex cleaned her out. She was lucky enough to meet a cool guy, but then things get complicated.

In the end, truth to herself, her feelings, and her unexpected new friends and colleagues might just turn out to be her best assets.

Fun KU read!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout.
I read it on Kindle. I have really enjoyed reading sever
Diane Michaels
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I Thought It Was You” has the madcap feel of a romantic comedy from the golden age of film. It charges out of the starting line and never lets up on the fun and the action. While it’s impossible not to root for Aphrodite to work her magic on Liv and Wells, the subplots that keep them apart are really engaging — and especially when they involve Jamila — really funny. Another winner from Kirsty McManus!
Jeanne Richardson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written by Kirsty McManus; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Pamela Devereux
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is about picking up the pieces after you were done wrong by your man. Olivia, Jamila, and Zara are at cross purposes. The love boat does strike. Not the singles part of the cruise but Olivia meets Mr. Right just waiting for her brother. Jamila is a TV star and Zara was tossed off a TV show because of her man. At the end, it is Olivia that puts the hammer down on all the foolishness. Never under estimate the deviousness of two TV stars.
Ash Lovesbooks
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taking A Trip and The Gamble of a Lifetime

Olivia "Liv" Turner decides to drown some heartbreak in a bottle of wine 🍷and books herself a trip on the cruise her brother works. This trip was meant to help her regroup and relax while enjoying time exploring the Caribbean but it becomes so much more! The characters are fun, interesting and entertaining as the storyline unfolds. This is a great book for a vacation read.
Bobbi
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new author to follow, Kristy McManus writes really entertaining stories. I Thought It Was You, is very well crafted. The characters are wonderful and the plot keeps you wanting to read more. Only sorry the story ended, cannot wait to read the next book, I Will Follow Him Here. You will love the book, definitely recommend it to be added to your TBR pile.
Heather W
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hi-jinks on the high seas!

This short story is just so much fun to read! The characters are delightful and the storyline is terrific. I highly recommend this book and would love to read more from this author.

Lucrecia Tolbert
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series that I have read and this book did not disappoint. The pacing of the book was steady and it allowed me to finish the book in a few hours. The romance in the story begged the reader to ask for more. I'm sure that the next book will be just as good.

Jennifer Wertz
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is a fun, cute novella. I like the characters and the friendship and they develop. The ending of the book is sweet. This is a great quick book to read.

Chantel Sampino
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
so much fun!

I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well written and had such great interactions. I have read each book in the series the same day it is released and have enjoyed each one!
Barbara Strickland
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of warmth and humour

This was lovely reading with a good pace, lots of warmth and humour and some very likeable and natural characters who managed some great dialogue in a great setting along with that touch of romance we all long for.
Loved the Aussie feel throughout.
Mandie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Thought It Was You is the fourth book in the Oceanic Dreams series. Each book is written by a different author and follows the adventures of different passengers and crew aboard the Oceanic Aphrodite. This time we follow Olivia who has booked on the singles cruise thanks to her brother Patrick working onboard in the Casino. She sees it as an escape from her ex-boyfriend who has managed to empty her savings account after they split. Finding herself suddenly drawn into the dramas of a daytime so ...more
Cherie Melbourne
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I Thought It Was You

What a tangled web we weave! I absolutely love the way Kirsty tells a story, this one had me shaking my head waiting for it all to implode. An excellent ending.
Tracy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oceanic-dreams
Such a fun addition to the Oceanic Dreams series! I love that there is both a romance and a friendship developing at the same time.
Luci Beach
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Funny and entertaining, with adorable characters!
Krista Walsh
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable series

Loving the series and the concept with the different writers. Great bedtime reading. Cute and sweet characters. Very enjoyable read
Danielle Williams
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love. Love cruise ship love. Cant escape anyone
Quinn Fforde
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liv and Jamila have some great banter, but Wells is barely in the book. It was entertaining, though.
Goodreads Librari...: Adding my book to an existing multi-author series 9 25 Jun 04, 2019 12:07AM

• No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay, #1)
  • Summer at Sea (Summer #1)
  • Listen to Your Art (Witch of Wickrock Bay #2)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay, #2)
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • The After Wife
  • Love and Ohana Drama
  • No More Terrible Dates (High Tea, #2)
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • Basket Delivery (Rosemary Harbor #5)
  • Dying to Meet You
  • The Royal Delivery (Crown Jewels, #3)
  • Relatively Happy (Relativity, #3)
  • Manhattan Cinderella (Fairy Tales in New York #1)

Oceanic Dreams (8 books)
  • I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Circle in the Sand (Oceanic Dreams #3)
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)
  • Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)
  • The Best of You (Oceanic Dreams, #8)

News & Interviews