Start by marking “And Then They Were Doomed: A Little Library Mystery” as Want to Read:
And Then They Were Doomed: A Little Library Mystery

And Then They Were Doomed: A Little Library Mystery

(A Little Library Mystery #4)

Hardcover
Published August 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about And Then They Were Doomed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then They Were Doomed

Shalini
This was fourth in the book and quite a slow read as compared to my normal thrillers and cozy reads. It was the Agatha Christie theme which pulled me in.
Zoe received a black edged envelope which an invitation to a webinar on Agatha Christie. Since she was writing a biography on that author, Zoe decided to attend it. But then the book walked on the darker side with characters which were rather off.

My first book by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli, this was a creepy tale to some extent. The author did cre
Betty
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery, e-books
The fourth book of the Little Library series is a dark and gloomy one. The subject matter of The Little Library series I found hard to read it. However, it was well written and the description put you into the the hotel along with Zoe and the other invitee's. I didn't like any of the characters including Zoe who I like in the previous book.
Zoe received a letter inviting her to a symposium on Agatha Christie but wait the envelope was cover with a black edge all around it. That means death to Zoe.
Toni
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

This is the fourth book in the Little Library Mystery series by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli.

First there were ten of them all meeting in a remote location to speak about their love of Agatha Christie. Strangely, some attendees have actual Christie character names like Emily Brent from And Then There Were None and Bella Webb from A Pale Horse. Zoe Zola had received her invitation edged in black which was a sign to her and her late mother that a death was approaching. Would it be her own? She do
Tari
Wow I never expected to get so engrossed in this book that I'd not be able to put it down! It started off a little slow (for me, anyway), but I blame that on me not having read the previous books. I'm sure some of it would have made a little more sense, but for the most part, I got up to date on Zoe's life and why she moved, etc. It was a pretty cool tribute to Agatha Christie the way that ten people were gathered for an Agatha Christie event at a rustic old lodge--and very convenient that it ju ...more
Laurie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Zoe Zola is invited to an Agatha Christie conference along with nine other writers. Each night, one by one, the guests disappear and Zoe must use her knowledge of Dame Agatha to stay alive.

Very interesting plot and atmospheric writing. The idea of the writers being tied to the characters in And Then There Were None was intriguing, but I thought it bogged down a bit with the addition of Zoe's family backstory. The characters are well written, but I just could not engage at all with Zoe.

All in a
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Zoe Zola is a writer who is writing a biography on the life of author Agatha Christie. When she receives a black-edged envelope, it's not the first time she's ever seen one. It always means death. And it's an omen she thought ended with the death of her own mother. Because it seemed her mother had sinned in the eyes of her family, and each time an envelope arrived, it meant the loss of one more family member she would never see again.

So Zoe doesn't open the letter, merely looks at it. She though
Annie
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

And Then They Were Doomed is the 4th Little Library mystery by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli. Released 13th Aug by Crooked Lane, it's 323 pages and available in hardcover and ebook formats.

This is a difficult book to categorize and review. It's too dark and realistic to be a cozy mystery, has too little dramatic tension to be a thriller, and too frivolous to be a modern gritty mystery. The disparate plot threads don't seem to belong to the same book.
Amy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E-book/ARC/Mystery: I don’t know how I feel about this book. I finished it yesterday afternoon and I knew I would have to think about it before writing a review. I want to thank NetGalley for letting me have an advanced copy of this in lieu of an honest review. This book has not come out yet, so no spoilers here; or at least I’ll try. I will tell you how I felt about the three scenes in the book.

The beginning: If you have not read or seen “And Then There Were None” or “Murder on the Orient Expr
Karen Hollins-Stallman
“And Then They Were Doomed” is the fourth installment in “ A Little Library Mystery series” by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli. I don’t recommend reading this instalment as a standalone, as the back stories aren't as obvious as in some other books (unfortunately I hadn’t read previous books).

Little Person author Zoe Zola believes that one of
Cinthi
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Zoe Zola is invited to participate in an Agatha Christie Symposium. Seeing that Zoe is writing a book about the famous author, it looks like a logical choice for her to be invited. Though she had some reservations about participating, Zoe also knew this had something to do with her family, the family that cut her mother off when she had Zoe out of wedlock all those years ago.

Held in an old hunting lodge in the middle of nowhere, the event seemed to be mimicking one of Dame Agatha’s myster
Managed By Books
*Book received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Robert
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book will be a special delight for readers of Agatha Christie and general mystery readers will enjoy this, as well. The premise of the story is based on the Agatha Christie novel, "And Then There Were None".

Zoe Zola is writing a book about Agatha Christie, when one day she receives a mysterious black edged envelope, with an invitation to an Agatha Christie Symposium in the Upper Peninsula at a hunting lodge. Zoe is reluctant at first, but soon her interest changes and she becomes intrigued
Ann
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Little Person author Zoe Zola believes that one of the unluckiest things in life is to receive an invitation—in the form of a letter edged in black—to an Agatha Christie symposium at an old Upper Peninsula hunting lodge. Her reluctance dissipates when she learns that the organizer is named Emily Brent—the name of a character poisoned
Mandy
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Description:" Zoe Zola is one of ten invitees to an Agatha Christie symposium. Tempers flare…and then there are nine. Can Jenny Weston save Zoe from murder on the Upper Peninsula?
Darcey Tomasino
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
The writing and oversights on this novel made this read a chore, not a pleasure. It's full of mixed up words, dangling modifiers, typos, and contradictions.

Zoe is clearly meant to be intelligent and literary, yet she claims she is only being spiteful about correcting Emily's agreement error: "'Don’t you mean ‘whom’? There’s going to be people here who really watch their p’s and q’s...'"

Zoe initially corrects her: “'Don’t you mean ‘there are’ going to be people?'”

'"No. People is a collective nou
Diane Hernandez
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
And Then They Were Doomed is a fun little pastiche of Agatha Christie tales.

Zoe has a recently deceased mother who was ostracized by her entire family after giving birth without a husband in sight. Zoe is also a little person and a writer of author biographies. Since she is currently working on a book about Agatha Christie, she is not surprised to be invited to speak at a webinar series about her. She is surprised when she arrives there to a remote lodge stranded by a storm in the remote Michiga
Cozy Cat Reviews
This is a series I have read before and I was thrilled to return to . Thank you to Net Galley and to the publisher. My opinion is my own
I am a fan of Agatha Christie so I enjoyed this Christie theme book This was fourth in the series and a reader should benefit from reading the earlier in series . Zoe received a invitation to a webinar on Agatha Christie. Since she was writing a biography on that author, she looks forward to attending. As the event progressed the mystery deepens as atmospheric
April
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Zoe Zola is a writer and a little person. She had a mother, Evelyn, but the father left after her mother got pregnant. Evelyn's family was very strict and threw her out, but stayed in touch via death announcements. Years after Evelyn's death Zoe receives a black edged envelope. Inside is an invitation to an Agatha Christie conference in upper Peninsula Michigan in a out of the way area.
Zoe is curious so she goes to the conference. Then everything just gets weird.
I think the author is trying to
Kathleen Gray
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of this series because of the unique characters and the fact that it pulls on other books. This time out, Zoe has been invited to a webinar on Agatha Christie because she is, duh, writing a book about her. She's spooked by the black edge invitation but goes. Her concerns were well founded- there's some creepiness about who was invited and then, well, fans of Christie will likely divide on how wise it was for Buzzelli to base the mystery on her stories. Zoe eventually reaches out ...more
Jordanne
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a review copy of And then they were doomed.

In the beginning I had no idea what I could expect from this book. As an Agatha Christie fan I loved that the book would be about her, but the two different story lines had me confused. In the end, everything works out well and there are enough Agatha Christie mentions in the book to make me very happy.

The main character is Zoe Zola, who is writing a book on Agatha Christie. She’s invited to a symposium abo
Elissa
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This the the fourth book in the Little library Mystery series. I have not read any of the other books in this series and I would recommend reading them before reading this one. I struggled to keep track of the characters and I felt like I was slogging through Part 1 because I had missed out on the backstory from previous books. This book has an excellent plot that pays homage to Agatha Christie (specifically And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express). This is a well-written myste ...more
Elissa
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished this one last night. A Quick read ! And then They Were Doomed is the 4th in the Little Library Mystery Series by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli. It is about a small person called Zoe Zola she is a writer who is investigating the true life story of Agatha Christie. She receives and Invitation (etched in black) to appear at a Symposium on the subject. Her family has bad blood and she believes this is actually a ruse to get her alone to have her killed. If you liked the Agatha Christie books you ...more
Melli
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I want to say thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read an arc of this book..

Ok where to start.. I loved how it was based around Agatha Christie and then there were nine, but not really. It was definitely a complex story with a hidden story line that you don’t see until the middle of the book. At first i thought well maybe the MC Zoe is paranoid due to injustices that were taken against her mother from her family. Whether I was wrong or not I won’t say you will have
Linda
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a first in a series because the book started so slowly but it turns out to be the fourth in a series. Eventually, it picked up and I liked it OK.

The Agatha Christie angle drew my interest, which is why I chose to read it, but it was darker than the typical cozy, to my disappointment.

I might consider going back and reading the earlier books in the series but I'm not positive about that.

(I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via Net Galley, in exchange for a fair an
Alicia
There were parts of this book I liked such as the Agatha Christie focus and of course mystery. I love the character Zoe and while it was nice to have some backstory on her, it didn’t seem to fit with the Zoe created in my mind in the previous books. Jenny’s character was almost whiny for a woman in her late thirties which was kind of annoying. This story was darker than what I would consider a cozy mystery and I didn’t care for the ending at all. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a co ...more
Kristin
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And Then They Were Doomed had a slow start, but it caught up after a while. It was also not the average cosy mystery with a fresh body and a related murder investigation. What I really liked about the book is Liz as a main character, especially as she was a Little Person and didn't put up with the crap and comments about being one. Another thing I really liked was the tribute to Agatha Christie in this book, especially And Then They Were None and Murder on the Orient Express.
Nicki
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was slow to get into the story but it turned out to be a pretty good story. What an awful family! They just seemed to hate on each other. But the Agatha Christie emphasis was creative and interesting. The ending was a surprise, setting a bit creeping and the characters were all sorts of weird. That Zoe was a dwarf really didn't play into the story other than a reason for family drama. I found the book entertaining.
Ann
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cozy fans and Agatha Christie fans will love this book. It's based on a conference of Christie experts being held in remote Upper Peninsula Michigan. Zoe Zola is invited and is very apprehensive about attending because of the envelope the invite arrived in. The story is a little gloomy and I couldn't really connect with Zoe. This is book 4 in the Little Library series and not my favorite. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Emris Lindsay
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Grudges breed hatred the kind that kills and holding on to a grudge that transcends through the family tree is not just malicious but evil. Zoe Zola maybe a wee one but she has a large character. I think she wasn’t as smart as she puts out, she was lied to from the beginning, yet she staid even when her friends begged her to leave. Allowing herself to be maneuvered into a vigilante situation that was all wrong.
Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli (aka Elizabeth Lee) is a Michigan based novelist whose 12th book is due out in 2016. She teaches fiction writing at Northern Michigan College and has written for the NORTHERN EXPRESS, the ROMEO OBSERVER, the DETROIT NEWS, and the RECORD-EAGLE. She is a member of the Author’s Guild, International Association of crime Writers, Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers’ of America, Mi ...more

A Little Library Mystery (4 books)
  • A Most Curious Murder (Little Library Mystery #1)
  • She Stopped for Death (Little Library Mystery #2)
  • In Want of a Knife (A Little Library Mystery #3)