Start by marking “The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1)

The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1)

A fairytale retelling in a land of magic and war, see Cinderella like you've never seen her before.

As Captain, Wren is sworn to protect the soldiers she leads into battle, which includes preventing a potential massacre in an upcoming campaign that could mean the end of the war in Heros. But defying orders from her Lord could mean a noose around her neck...

If she gets
Nook, 1, 58 pages
Published May 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Embers We Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Embers We Seek

Start your review of The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1)
E.A.
The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1) by Acacia K. Parker was a gripping read that had me hooked from start to finish.

My first read from this author I was drawn to this book by its beautiful cover, fairy tale retelling status, and the raving reviews. I was not disappointed in the least, this book delivered what it entailed, and I had this short powerful book read in one sitting.

Coming in at a whopping 58 pages, this book maybe low on the word count, but it is powerful. To the point,
Kelsey Quick
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Acacia Parker for this first episode ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Husky rating: 4.5 stars rounded up.
Nice!

I really enjoyed the prequel to this Cinderella-inspired retelling. In this segment, Wren is our brave and driven protagonist, forced into a war that weighs heavily on her heart. For both her and her team, the mission is clear: defeat the evil sorceress and put an end to a raging war that has yielded mass casualties for years.

At only 65 pages, this novelette is a quick and
Maura
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am familiar with this style of writing because I subscribe to several authors who write continuing stories in their newsletters. I find it a very enjoyable way to read because I still get to read a full story with way less pressure in the timing to finish.

The first episode of this serial had great world building. In this world, there does not seem to be a patriarchy because the women are so strong and have leadership roles. "I've always had a hard time seeing the woman I'd become who was so
Mona williams
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a really great book! short read that gets the point across. she is to lead her soldiers into a world of magic. only she could be leading them to there death. read to find out what happens.
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read about difficult situations. In the kingdom of Heros, Captain Wren leads a band of soldiers to free magical creatures from tyranny. In a desperate situation, Wren makes a stand to save thousands of innocent lives. To do so, she makes a bargain with an unpredictable force. Can Wren save the creatures or are the stakes too high?
A great read. Well developed plot with twists and turns that I just couldn't put down. Well developed characters like Wren determined but vulnerable
Francis
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
War of Giants is the first book in Acacia K. Parker’s The Embers We Seek story, which is a Rebel Princess Serial. The Embers We Seek is a fantasy retelling of the Cinderella story, told in novelette-length instalments that are released every month.
As the Prequel, War of Giants has a story that establishes key characters including heroine, Wren, and the setting in the world of Heros. It’s a vibrant fantasy world with plenty of conflict, mystery and magic.
Wren is a military captain, seeking to
Tracy Antonelli Manderson
The Embers We Seek (A Rebel Princess Serial, #1) by Acacia K. Parker

5 out of 5 stars

The Embers We Seek is book one in A Rebel Princess Serial, written by Acacia K. Parker was a gripping read that had me hooked from start to finish. This is the first book that I have read by this author. Wow I really enjoyed this short story and can’t wait until I get to read the next part in this series. The main character is well written with a strong sense of duty. The story line was unique and different.

There
Kerry Baker
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants by Acacia K. Parker is the first episode in the Rebel Princess serial. Please take note that this story is due to be told over 10 “episodes”. Each episode is a small section of the story that will be concluded in the final one.
This is the first time I have a read a book in this format and I wasn’t sure how I was going today feel. But whether it is the story or this authors writing style not sure but I was blown away by how good it was. It feels like I
Erin
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) by Acacia K. Parker, 4 stars.

Wren, as a captain, will do anything to protect her soldiers, but also feels like she needs to protect the innocents too. She fights when she needs to, but she tries to avoid as much innocent bloodshed as possible. When her leader organizes an attack in which many will lose their lives needlessly, she decides to defy orders and try to stop as much as possible. Going against her orders
Laura Furuta
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1)
By: Acacia K. Parker
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) by Acacia K. Parker is a book that I enjoyed reading. It hooks you in from the start and I found that I didn’t want to put it down until I had read the final page. There are times when I was turning pages wondering what was going to happen next. I loved reading about the character of Wren. She is a
Liz
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I do believe I have found myself a new obsession with The Embers We Seek from Acacia K. Parker. I have never had the pleasure of reading anything by Ms. Parker prior to this and so I went in blind. I was sold on the book from the moment I saw the gorgeous and flashy cover and the idea of visiting one of my favorite fairy tales in a new light. I was not one moment disappointed.

Be fully prepared to devour this gem in a short time as it only contains 58 pages of story. I was shocked at how I
Julie
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Cinderella, but let’s face it, in the original she’s kind of a pushover. Not this one. Wren is the strong female heroine we all need. I love that she’s not sitting around waiting to be saved. She’s strong, independent and fights for what she believes in. Our heroine bravely leads her team in a battle to free the magical creatures the powerful Sorceress controls and end the war with minimal casualties.

I wish we could have seen a little more information about Ember and a little more
Elizabeth
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek:Prequel War of Giants is the first book in the Rebel Princess Serial by Acacia K Parker. It is the first book I have read by her, and while it's not the genre I typically read, I enjoyed it. The author plans to release a new episode monthly, with a total of 10 episodes. The book is very short, and using the term as episode is a good description. The story takes place over just a couple of days, and is a small piece of what will likely be a great story. The book introduces us ...more
Monica
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I gotta say is wow. This is one HELL of a retelling of Cinderella. Its not even obvious at first. I've read a few of them and this is nothing like the retelling of most books. This is darker and another world to boot. It has a battle scarred warrior. She's taking a huge chance at ending this war and hopes it pays off. I really enjoyed this story and this is a serial also. Where we get quite a few books before its over. Each book will be about 70-80 page range. I also liked that it wasnt ...more
Sunday
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek by Acacia K. Parker
Four Stars

The Embers We Seek: Prequel, War of Giants is the first book in A Rebel Princess Serial by Acacia K. Parker. This is a short paranormal book that builds a big world in a short amount of time. We are introduced to Wren and her small battalion of fighters who are trying to prevent mass casualties by going in to battle first. This book had me hooked from the very first page and I couldn’t put it down until the last. Things don’t go as planned, even
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When she was young she was told by her parents that kindness was a power, and compassion can be used against her , some using it to gain what they want, but in the long run it is worth the price that is paid. But now she is in a war , not of her own making, but still in it trying to figure out how to win the battle she must fight yet she doesn't want to see innocents die. She makes a deal but it wasn't exactly what she wanted and she is the one who will carry the burden of it. I must admit that ...more
Cindy
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek
Prequel | War of Giants
(A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1)
By Acacia K. Parker

I don't think I have ever read a book with so much energy. Wren is such a strong woman in this story of fantasy and war. This page turner is amazing. I could not put it down. This action packed book, had all my feels running at the same time. I LOVE this start of a new series. You can bet I'll be waiting for more.

Acacia K. Parker has a great imagination! Her characters are just perfect, as well as her
Madison Degraffenreid
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019read
The Embers We Seek, Prequel, War Of Giants( A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) by Acacia K. Parker

5-Stars
The Embers We Seek, Prequel, War Of Giants was a short and exciting read. The author instantly pulls you in with the first setting. The make character is Wren and she is a strong female Captain who is determined to have the least amount of casualties as possible. She in turn makes a huge sacrifice in Hope’s of prevailing over her enemy.
For being such a short read I was highly impressed with
Debi
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 Stars

Not my chosen genre but I love the idea about these books being a serial and am really looking forward to reading all 10 episodes. The cover drew me in and the beautiful writing kept me hooked.

A super quick read that felt like a full length novel with the amount of content, yet didn't feel all crammed in. I really liked Wren as a main character and can not wait for the rest of her story and
Katie Kearney
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) By Acacia K. Parker. While this is a short read it definitely packed a punch in the amazing writing department. From page one I was hooked and couldn’t put it down. This is my first read by this author and I’m excited for more. I felt this story was one of a kind which I loved because it’s a bit of a whole new adventure. The characters are complex and I felt a connection even in a short period of time. I can’t wait to ...more
Angelina Kerner
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! This is such a big difference to Acacia's previous characters. From a quiet lone gal, surviving with dangerous creatures and a timid store owner to a powerful warrior Wren.

This is a first episode that reads very fast and you're zapped into the story line right from the start. There's magic and mayhem. There's soldiers and battle plans. There's decisions and consequences. All gift wrapped in a short episode. Again loved it.

I'd say this series will be good for 18 and over just because
Heather
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) by Acacia K. Parker is a fairy tale/fantasy novella. I immediately l-o-v-e-d this story, instantly devouring it. From the characters, to the details and the location(s), this short story was excellently written. The method is which the author is delivering this story was thoughtfully done and I think it will add greater appeal as the story/series progresses. Just enough to whet your appetite and anxious await for what's ...more
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
“Wish me luck.”
“I don’t think you’re a woman who relies much on luck.”
“You’re right. I don’t”

Captain Wren Eques is in a dilemma. With the fate of her soldiers resting on her shoulders Wren must find a way to protect her comrades, save the magical creatures being held prisoners and defect the sorceress of Sortis…There may only be one option left for Wren and it could cost her more than her life...

Though he hadn’t killed me, he made it clear he held my life in his jaws.

But when everything is on
Bobbi Wagner
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story kind of reads like a child’s fairytale but only the adult version. This story has characters that not only pop of the pages but also keep you reading until the last page. Wren has returned home. You would think that it would be a happy return but not so much. Her story is full of magic, nightmares and much more. She is a strong character that is fierce, determined and fights for what she believes in. This is a great book to pick up, no regrets. I highly recommend Wren’s story.
Elle Spaulding
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This form of reading is extremely new to me, I’ve never read short stories before, and honestly I’m not sure about them.

I’m left wanting more, but I’m guessing that’s the purpose of this style of writing.

The first installment was intense! It gripped me immediately & I’m already dying to know more.

The writing was descriptive & even while being short I still felt as through the world was built beautifully.
Brandy Mulder
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was nothing like I expected and I was sucked in right away. I was disappointed that it wasn't longer but I understand it is a serial. Unfortunately for me I'm a fast reader lol. She's trying to save not only the people under her command but the innocent people and magical creatures on the other side of the war. There is an unexpected price to pay for the help Wren gets and it reminds us that magic and it's creatures always demand a price.
Heather Lovelace
Loved it and need more ASAP! Seriously so much packed into these pages. I am a sucker for a fairy tale and even more so if it’s a reimagined take on a classic. It felt relatable and authentic and just fantastic. I was immediately transported into the story and didn’t want to leave. I cannot wait to continue reading the series.
Jenni Bishop
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Embers We Seek: Prequel | War of Giants (A Rebel Princess Serial Book 1) by Acacia K. Parker is a very short fantasy story at 58 pages but a short story that pulls out all the punches. It is a story that is going to be told over a series of books. It is a Cinderella story that is far removed from the kind of stories we are used to reading.

I look forward to reading the others.
Eda
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a prequel for War of Giants, but is also a serial in A Rebel Princess. And although that’s a little confusing, this short story is really well written. With an adventurous story line and tons of fantasy characters. Wren's story is interesting fast-paced and attention-grabbing. I’m not a huge fan of short stories but I’m already looking for more in the rebel princess serial.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
The Embers We Seek

An interesting new series full of magic and intrigue. I’m not quite sure what to make of this yet but I’m definitely interested in learning more about this new world.

• Queen of the Warrior Bees (Natural Forces #1)
  • Blaze and Borne (Draghans of Firiehn Book 2)
  • The Brass Compass
  • Keeping Pace (Paranormal Dating Agency / Gemma-Hydrox, #1)
  • Bewitching Fire (Book 1 of Bewitching Brews)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Nite Fire #3)
  • Michael's Heart
  • The Last Dance
  • Coven's End: Kane (Coven's End, #1)
  • Let the Shadows Fall
  • Moves
  • How to save the dragon: Children’s book for teaching impulse control (what to do when your temper flares | anger management books for kids) (Growing Up & Facts of Life) Ages 3 to 5 Emotions Feelings
  • Heavenly Protector (Gemma-Hydrox, #3)
  • Shifter Shorts
  • Hell Fire (Academy's Rise Trilogy #1)
  • Chocolates from A Vampire (Misfits & Rogues Series Book 3)
  • Finding Love in Christmas Cove
  • Orion's Kiss
Acacia K. Parker has never been the shy one. With her father having served in the Air Force for twenty years, she’s enjoyed homes in many different states, as well as an eight year stint in Germany (and no, she doesn’t speak German, even though she really wishes she did). The odd encounters with various strangers and places morphed her brain from normal to quite unnatural, and what better way to ...more