Start by marking “Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar (Dark Immortal Flames, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar (Dark Immortal Flames, #0.5)

Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar

(Dark Immortal Flames #0.5)

As a fan of the fairy tale retellings, LaSasha is very excited to announce this short story she just released!

LaSasha has a paranormal romance thirteen book series in the works and one of those stories will be a retelling of Aladdin with a naughty twist. This short story will serve as a prequel to the main book in the series.

Find out what happened to make Jafar the ultim
Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Birth of the Sand Viper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birth of the Sand Viper

Start your review of Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar (Dark Immortal Flames, #0.5)
Alexa Wayne
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Jafar novel of LaSasha had me actually dreaming of Jafar. O_O In a good way. Haha. Sometimes we take villains for granted and too often we don't know the reason of them becoming villains in the first place. We are automatically taught to despise them without reason.

Her way of explaining the reasons and the path Jafar had to overcome before becoming one of the greatest villains of all time, is awesome and I highly recommend this page-turning book adventure!
Book Buddies
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this short story really was a page turner, was easy to read, loved Jafar, he definitely kept me entertained. Will definitely be reading more by this Author LaSasha Flame <3
Dora Esquivel
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story!

Loved the description of spells and the whole world-building. Never seen Aladdin but I think I will maybe. This book piqued my interest.
Raya Whitehouse
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was quite an interesting story. Showing the backstory of Jafar and how he became the man he is in the Aladin books / movies.

Its not a very long book so I dont want to say too much to give things away. But I think many people will enjoy it. The descriptions contained within this book are very detailed to keep you knowing what is going on.

The narrator does a great job bringing this book out. His tones going up and down in all the right areas.

I am glad to have been able to get this book. I got
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar by LaSasha Flame is an awesome story that I have read and loved. This is book number one out of two in this awesome series that I am so hooked on and can not wait to read the rest. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Myriam
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lasasha-flame
This was an amazing story, and the author did an amazing job telling it. For some strange reason this particular book flew under my radar for a while, while I should have read it months ago, the moment it came out. Lesson learned, this author writes stories too good to miss, so for the next one I am dropping everything and reading it immediately.
Although I have been planning to read this author for a while, somehow it only happened now, so this is my first time really reading her work. What I c
Rubi
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This was quite a Dark twist on Jafar, the villain we all love to hate. I loved it. So dark, twisted, and sexy. Can’t wait for more from this amazing author and this amazing series.
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 4.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 4.5 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5

The Birth of the Sand Viper: Origins of Jafar is another deliciously naughty short story written by author LaSasha Flame.  This novella is a prequel to the author’s future story called Arabian Nights in Bondage, which will be published in a thirteen-book anthology called Dark Immortal Flames series.

The Birth of the Sand Viper tells the story of Jafar and explains how he became the dark and powerful Sand Vipe
Wendy Williams
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book in Audiobook. The characters were solidly created and as well as their motives. Greed is a powerful motivator as well as sex and the depths of deprivity was on full display. The terrible suffering they put so many through for their own selfish earthly gains was shocking! I found myself rooting for Jafar and cheering him on. The end left me just as angry as Jafar! Overall this was a very well written book and I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend this book!
Douglas Williamson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everyone knows that Jafar is a bad guy, but most don't know why he turned to darkness.

This is a dark and erotic tale which tells why Jafar turned evil, at least in this author's world. The story is well written, but I can't call it easy to read. Not because it is complicated, but because there are some rather violent and ugly scenes. But beyond that, the story is very good, with well developed characters that have emotions and motivations, be they both good and bad. Personally, I found the stor
Lisa Bing
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting gem of a story full of joy, danger, betrayal and love

This is an exciting retelling of Jafar's story and I was totally gripped by the culture of the Djinn people, the evilness of Shekinah and the joyousness of Jaraf until tragedy took over his life. The cruelty that he and his people experienced was traumatic and the revenge they sought balanced that cruelty but involved a ton of sacrifice. Whew, this story was short but it packed a punch in character development, world building, betraya
Cate McKoy
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done

BOSV is an instantly attention grabbing tale filled with love, hate, vengeance. Jafar (a bad guy for us normally) is revealed as a good guy with a loving heart turned bad by the atrocities set upon him. Jafar makes a great bad guy and you find yourself cheering him on as he's literally "burning down the house".

I highly and happily recommend this wonderfully twisted re-told tale.
Caroline Doig
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story I totally loved it and even though it’s a short story there was so much packed into it, this is the second book of this authors I’ve read and I can’t wait to read more of her stories. I’m not going to give any spoilers because it is a short story so read the blurb and that will give you the gist to this book but be warned there are some pretty violent scenes well the story is about how Jafar turned bad. Amazing story and I definitely recommend this book.
Pebbles Lacasse
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Greed, lust, desire and love is all rolled up into this short story. I love the way LaSasha takes the reader through two different realms, bringing them together because of greed. With the death of an innocent, the whole race agrees to aid in their revenge… I’m not going to give it away, as I truly believe you should read through the twists and turns in this story. You will not regret it! The next book to come is going to be a doozy!!!
Adalle
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truly enjoyable and fun read.
There’s not to much that can be said about Jafar. Except, what’s going to happen next.

This is the first time I have ever read and enjoyed reading anything from this author. I’m looking forward to seeing more.

I voluntarily received an advanced copy of this book via Booksprout and any opinions expressed within this review are solely and uniquely made by me and I am happily leaving this review.
Rose Brown
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Tale!
“Birth of the Sand Viper” is a short story that is well-written raw, emotional and unapologetic. The world-building is exceptional and in keeping with the theme. The Characters are artistically developed, realistic and authentic. This tale is a uniquely enjoyable read that I highly recommend!
I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily
Sharon
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This short story is perfect for reading over a cuppa as it takes less than an hour or so to read cover to cover. It serves as a prequel to the series and does an excellent job. I loved the plot and the characters as the story has a wonderful flow to it and keeps a nice steady pace.

Sara Munoz
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well-written prequel to Jafar. The characters are very well crafted that grow throughout the story with a lot of history. I cannot wait to read the next story to continue this story. A must read.

Barbara
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark Immortal Flames Series a well written story of how Jafar the Sand Viper came to be, it does leave us on a cliff-hanger of sorts. If Shekinah had not done what she did Jafar would have been a different person. I want to read the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jeanne Richardson
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by LaSasha; she has done a great job at writing a good short story; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

Tanya
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He was a good boy but he is being pulled into another direction by the queen of a dark lord. Will he be then to the dark side? How will he be pulled there? Can he resist? Does he even want to? See what is going to happen to him

Emily Pennington
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book gives us the story of Jafar so that we can have his backstory of becoming the dark and powerful Sand Viper villain. I have a feeling this story is heading in a direction I won’t want to go, so I will probably not continue with the series. The author did a good job, but the cruelty and suffering goes overboard and is not the enjoyment I look for in a good book.
Ritu
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good short story about how Jafar became who he is. Shekinah is truly evil and her she never does take responsibility for what she had done to Mina. Good book, well written!

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author.

Lisa H
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Never thought of Jafar that way.

Honestly, he’s never rung my bells, but then again, neither did Aladdin. This is a prequel, super short revision of the villain Jafar. From his point of view.
Nice twist.

Cyndi Babinger
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book and look forward to this series. It was a very different spin than I was expecting with Jafars character. However I do like the play between the genie and the djinn. With the change in the mythos of the djinn as well. Made for very interesting reading.
Lori
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A great short story that flips the roles of hero and villain so soundly. After reading this version of a backstory I actually feel sorry for Jafar! I can’t wait to finish reading this twisted fairy tale!

Morgan Blomstedt
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading what made Jafar, Jafar. This was a great read that I really enjoyed. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Nate
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one. Good characters. This was an entertaining read. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
J
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
So, this is a short prequel of Flame's new series Dark Immortal Flames and introduces us to the world of the Gynn and how Jafar not only became so powerful but also what caused him to become the character we love to hate in the Aladdin tale. In this steamy listen we find that Jafar was not always so dark hearted and we also learn what made him so...

Short, steamy and a fun storyline that flows well - this was a captivating read / listen that makes me eager for more! Narration was well done and ma

• Chaos (Reapers MC #5-9)
  • Blackjack (Reapers MC, #1)
  • His Human Assistant (Monsters Love Curvy Girls #3)
  • Captured and Captivated
  • Zane (Reapers MC, #11)
  • Santa Got Run Over by a Vampire (New Orleans Nocturnes, #3.5)
  • Her Valentine Surprise (Manhattan Holiday Loves, #2)
  • My Midlife Crisis, My Rules (Good To The Last Death, #4)
  • The Invitation
  • Her Patriotic Prince (Manhattan Holiday Loves, #3)
  • Determined Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #1)
  • Hunted by the Dragon (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #4)
  • Stranded with the Cajun (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #3)
  • Rebellious Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #2)
  • The Laundry Hag's New Year's Clean-Up
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Mischievous Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, #5)
  • Headstrong Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter #6)
LaSasha Flame is a new black author of dark romances from Chicago, IL.

Connect with her on Facebook!

Dark Immortal Flames (1 books)
  • Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans (Dark Immortal Flames, #1)