Start by marking “Coldhearted Boss” as Want to Read:
Coldhearted Boss

Coldhearted Boss

I’m desperate and destitute when Lockwood Construction rolls into my small town with an offer too good to pass up: high wages to any able-bodied man willing to join their crew.

Say no more. I throw on baggy clothes, tuck my long hair under a baseball hat, and apply for a job. Unfortunately, my half-baked idea of disguising myself as a guy is flawed from the beginning. As Sh
Published June 6th 2019

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He’s under my skin and going nowhere, and even when we’re not together, my annoyance and hatred of him seem to fester. He’s just so…so arrogant! And rude! And coldhearted!

COLDHEARTED BOSS is “second-chance-romance” at its best! I loved the main characters and their chemistry was nothing short of combustible. The plot was wildly entertaining. It felt like no time had passed before I found myself at the end of the epilogue. I would have loved
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤ 5 STARS ❤❤

This was absolutely fantastic, I read it in one sitting!R.S. Grey delivers a quick,lighthearted, sweet romance.With the great amount of steamy and angst to keep your interest!

description

I loved Ethan and Taylor!I adored them, they drive me crazy in a good way.There is tension and fireplay between them!They make me have a smile in my face all the time!

R.S. Grey did it again!Get ready for a swoon hero , a sassy heroine, a fun and steamy romance!

Warda
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
The blurb makes me want to weep!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! 😭
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Coldhearted Boss was like Hotshot Doc a more serious, less comedic romance, and because of it I liked it much more. If I’m honest, I haven’t had much success with the author’s funnier novels. And ever since she stopped writing sports romances, her books have been hit and misses (more of the latter) for me.

Full review to come...

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

Are you a KU subscriber? Check out my favorite Kindle Unlimited Authors

For more book recommendations, follow me on
《 sofia 》
actual rating: 2.5 stars

arc provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

check out this and other reviews on my blog

i know i always start with a small description about the main characters and how i feel about them, mainly because i love character-driven stories and analyzing each character, but it was so fucking hard to come up with a description for these two, i can't even begin to tell you. talk about boring ass characters.

taylor: taylor goes to a bar. taylor is about to have a o
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I have a bit of mixed thoughts when it comes to this one. On one hand, it was a classic R.S. Grey book filled with banter, sexual tension and funny moments. On the other hand, I feel like Grey has already written this book before.

The H and h not getting off on the right foot, usually based on miscommunications or assumptions. H/h are now enemies, but are forced to work together, with H being the boss. h is usually dealing with family drama, and desperate for the job. Overtime, h wears down H's w
Ashley
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Sigh....

I love a book that is able to make me forget about star ratings, the review I have to write, and the date I need to read it by. This book took away every ounce of pressure that comes with being a book blogger and allowed me to fully enjoy the story. I was in a love-induced daze when I finished this book, unsure of where I was or who I am. I haven't experienced this level of total absorption in a story in a long time. Ethan and Taylor were everything I
Dali
When Taylor finds herself at the lowest point of her life, without options and huge financial difficulties the last thing on her mind should be wanting to get to know the gorgeous man in a suit she spots at the local bar. Desperate, she intends to steal his wallet right in the middle of their make out session in the bar’s bathroom but she leaves intending to never see him again.

Without finding a way out of her money problems, a month later she tries to disguise herself a man to get a high payin
Lien
4.5 Stars

*sigh* I loved it. Coldhearted Boss definitely has similarities to her previous books but it worked for me so whatever. I won't get into what I liked and didn't like. It's been a while since I've had these "spur-of-the-moment" ratings where I didn't have to think too long and hard about the pros and cons, so I want to leave it at that.
Kayla Brunson
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, romance, arc
My feelings are all over the place about this one. I did enjoy it but I also had issues with it.

For the most part, I did enjoy this book. This book is pitched as enemies to lovers and that it was. I also think that’s where my problems lie. I think they were enemies for so long that when they did get together it wasn’t earth shattering for me. Did they have chemistry? Yes, they did. However, between the bickering and miscommunication, I felt like the actual relationship got pushed to the backburn
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A girl like me has no use for fairytales. They won't keep you warm or clothed or well fed....
….and I realize I was wrong before. This one's not the prince in the fairytale...
He's the dragon.

The #1 thing I love most about a new RS Grey book? It screams SUMMERTIME!

I don't care if it's the dead of winter or if the leaves are starting to turn colors in mid October, her books bring me a sense of spending days on the beach and campfires at night! And Coldhearted Boss is going to be a go to summer read
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
AHH!! I feel like I have a perma-smile on my face after reading Coldhearted Boss. This story was sexy and funny but also poignantly emotional and heartwarming. I love, love, loved Ethan and Taylor. Their chemistry was fiery and their spitfire banter was snarky, sassy and everything I've come to expect from R.S. Grey's stories. What an absolute win!!!

When Taylor Larson meets Ethan Stone, she is a young woman at the end of her rope with little to zero options. When she wrongs him on the night they
Kate R
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow! What a great read! This is an enemies to lovers, workplace romance and I loved every second of it! I stayed up way too late to finish this in one sitting. This book actually reminds me of R.S. Grey’s Arrogant Devil and I LOVED that one! Taylor and Ethan have a pretty disastrous first meeting. They had great chemistry but a misunderstanding sets their relationship on course for the remainder of the book.

Taylor is a great character. She’s scrappy, down on her luck and honestly, just a good p
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
 photo 043EE592-077C-41AB-8B9C-AFFCFB6C3E23.jpg

OK. I'm just going to say it...this wasn't RS Grey's best work. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. It was a super fun read, it really was. The angst and slow-burn factor were a bit too much for me. Ethan was a major dick! Like, why are you so mean? Also, he's 31, get over yourself, grow up, grow some balls, and tell Taylor how you feel!

The boss/employee factor wasn't a huge deal in this story if I'm being honest. There was just SO MUCH tip toeing around feelings and general joy between Ethan and Taylor that
Books Over Sleep
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2019
3.5 Starts

Coldhearted Boss had all the amazing aspects an R.S. Grey read has. Full of laugh out loud banter, incredible chemistry, a hero and heroine who don't get off to the best start and phenomenal writing that keeps you hooked till the very end. Taylor was a bold and such a wonderful heroine, she meets Ethan head to head every time and doesn't give up even when she's at her lowest. Ethan, even though he sometime came off as a big jerk, was really truly a good guy. He was caring, and even whe
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I ATE THIS BOOK FOR LUNCH TODAY!!! Those deliciously painful heart twinges I loooooooove so much? I was getting them on every page. The slow burn was scrumptious, the banter was SPOT ON. This enemies to lovers workplace romance was adorably comedic, emotionally FIERY and the push and pull was everything I've come to love from RS Grey. I loved the heck out of Coldhearted Boss.

From the jump, I was ensnared in this book. The dynamic established in that bar on the very first page had me turning thes
tara
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: tbr-2019
2.5 ✧

'I'm like Hilary Duff wearing that tiny mask in A Cinderella Story, acting like no one could possibly recognise her.'

A rom without a lot of com and it was lacking in enough witty banter. Lots of 'filler' between the bits you actually wanted to read, so I found it a bit boring. I usually find Greys books funny and entertaining but certain ones of hers haven't worked for me. This was somewhere in the middle, hence the rating. I'd say the slow-burn saved me from a DNF.

Ethan and Taylor had a li
bookish_affair
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.7 stars*
Yet another splendid hilariously enjoyable read by R S Grey.
I love this women's writing.

( DETAILED REVIEW TO COME )
Christa
Taylor is in a bad place at the start of this book. She’s broke, in a horrible job, helping support her mother and younger sister, and now the car that gets her to work is broken down. She can’t get out of her small town. So while she’s waiting at a bar for her cousin to pick her up after work, she’s pretty down. When a hot stranger buys her a drink and then flirts with her, she’s attracted to him but also desperate. So she steals his wallet and tells him they will meet in his room. She chickens ...more
F.S. Faqir
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

My heart. I can please just have my own Ethan Stone he kind of stole my heart the moment I met him.

The story begins with Taylor, a women who's been dealt not the greatest hand in life and so she's sitting at a bar contemplating life until her eye catches onto a man in a suit.

Ethan never meant to be caught onto the woman sitting at the bar but he just couldn't take his eyes off her. With the constant stare he se
shre ♡
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.75....i think*

the ending lowkey felt rushed and i feel like some characters could’ve been more fleshed out. for example, i would’ve loved to have seen a little more of taylor’s mom and sister. also would’ve loved a little more groveling on the part of Ethan, i felt like the problem got resolved too quickly. other than that, the story was super cute and angsty and slow burn af and a perfect enemies to lovers read.
Amy
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I realize I was wrong before. This one’s not the prince in the fairytale. He’s the dragon.”

“We make a striking pair: dark features perfectly matched, brown eyes of such varying shades they shouldn’t even be classified as the same color. We’re two beautiful people about to make some very bad decisions.”

“This isn’t a man you use for a night. This is a man you turn your life upside down to be with, one you crawl on hands and knees to please, one who touches you once and brands your soul forever.”

H
melissafandomworld
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
4,5 beautiful stars to this new RS Grey book that had me laughing out loud and finishing it within a day because it was so fast paced and addictive. Once started, I was never able to put it aside until I was finished, which seems to becoming a ritual when reading one of her books. Don’t you just love it when you know that whenever you pick up a book by a certain author, you can be assured it’ll be a frigging awesome read? Rachel is one of those authors to me. I’m really grateful for having had t ...more
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!!!!

I am beaming with happiness. I’m a smiling mess. I’m overjoyed at how good I’m feeling. One thing I can always count on is for R.S. Grey to put me in this state. And I know I sometimes say this, ok not sometimes I mean all the time, I say this all the time, BUT it’s true- R.S. (aka the ROM COM QUEEN) has done it yet again.

Coldhearted Boss had everything I love...

Office romance: ✔
Enemies-to-lovers: ✔✔
Laughing your a$$ off: ✔✔✔✔✔✔
Slow burn: ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

So it’s no surprise that I thoroughl
Phuong
AHHH R.S.Grey never disappoints me!
**Minor spoilers ahead!**
"I've survived two nights sleeping in the same cabin as him. HIM - I really need to learn his name, but to do that I'd have to talk to him. So, Him is never getting a name. Sorry him."

I love Ethan and Taylor so much! Taylor's internal monologue was so fun to read, I really liked her humour! Their banter made me smile a lot and their passive-aggressive behavior was hilarious cause I could imagine me doing that so well :D

There is just
Raine
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not a comedy, but still...

I didn't think this book was as funny as some of the others. In fact, I teared up during some parts of the book. I did like the story and loved how hardworking and wonderful Taylor was. On the other hand Ethan started off as being a jerk through most of the book, but he eventually grew on me. I especially loved the epilogue.
Maria...
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a mehhh story!
It was kind of boring but cute towards the end!
Jill
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars
Bex | TotallyBex.com
I loved it so much, I finished it in one sitting (which seems to happen a lot with RS Grey’s books)! The characters, the fantastic banter, and the smoldering angst—its enemies-lovers, slow burn, office romance gold!

(Full review to come)
Bindi Boo
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh so sweet!
Enemies to lovers. Great light read and picked my mood right up!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
SEAL THE DEAL Rom...: Coldhearted Boss - R.S. Grey 1 7 Jun 18, 2019 06:10AM
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/RSGrey/

Facebook:
“I was hoping I’d blackout for a couple minutes or—even better—experience a nice bout of amnesia. Nothing too crazy, just maybe I’d forget who I am and where I live and why my life is a bleak desolate nightmare.” 0 likes