Start by marking “Coldhearted Boss” as Want to Read:
Coldhearted Boss

Coldhearted Boss

I’m desperate and destitute when Lockwood Construction rolls into my small town with an offer too good to pass up: high wages to any able-bodied man willing to join their crew.

Say no more. I throw on baggy clothes, tuck my long hair under a baseball hat, and apply for a job. Unfortunately, my half-baked idea of disguising myself as a guy is flawed from the beginning. As S
Published June 6th 2019

Start your review of Coldhearted Boss
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He’s under my skin and going nowhere, and even when we’re not together, my annoyance and hatred of him seem to fester. He’s just so…so arrogant! And rude! And coldhearted!

COLDHEARTED BOSS is “second-chance-romance” at its best! I loved the main characters and their chemistry was nothing short of combustible. The plot was wildly entertaining. It felt like no time had passed before I found myself at the end of the epilogue. I would have loved
Warda
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good! So enjoyable! So funny. So heartwarming.
I’ll forever be reading R.S. Grey’s books!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤ 5 STARS ❤❤

This was absolutely fantastic, I read it in one sitting!R.S. Grey delivers a quick,lighthearted, sweet romance.With the great amount of steamy and angst to keep your interest!

description

I loved Ethan and Taylor!I adored them, they drive me crazy in a good way.There is tension and fireplay between them!They make me have a smile in my face all the time!

R.S. Grey did it again!Get ready for a swoon hero , a sassy heroine, a fun and steamy romance!

Sabrina
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Get it now:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Coldhearted Boss was a quick and light read, and one that I very much enjoyed. The characters were relatable and easy to like, even Ethan when he was being a bit of a douche. There were times that the story felt like it was dragging and I would have liked to see more of Ethan and Taylor actually together, but overall their story was a good one.
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I have a bit of mixed thoughts when it comes to this one. On one hand, it was a classic R.S. Grey book filled with banter, sexual tension and funny moments. On the other hand, I feel like Grey has already written this book before.

The H and h not getting off on the right foot, usually based on miscommunications or assumptions. H/h are now enemies, but are forced to work together, with H being the boss. h is usually dealing with family drama, and desperate for the job. Overtime, h wears down H's w
Corina
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Coldhearted Boss was like Hotshot Doc a more serious, less comedic romance, and because of it I liked it much more. If I’m honest, I haven’t had much success with the author’s funnier novels. And ever since she stopped writing sports romances, her books have been hit and misses (more of the latter) for me.

Jacob Proffitt
Aug 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
I really hate the premise of this one. She's an idiot for taking his wallet in the first place and a bigger one for leaving it with an unknown bartender to return—with $800 in cash inside. This makes her stupid squared. I have zero sympathy for her and I can see that I'm supposed to because when they meet again, he's going to hate her for being a thief. Because she is one, just a really, really terrible one...
Ashley
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Sigh....

I love a book that is able to make me forget about star ratings, the review I have to write, and the date I need to read it by. This book took away every ounce of pressure that comes with being a book blogger and allowed me to fully enjoy the story. I was in a love-induced daze when I finished this book, unsure of where I was or who I am. I haven't experienced this level of total absorption in a story in a long time. Ethan and Taylor were everything I need
Dali
When Taylor finds herself at the lowest point of her life, without options and huge financial difficulties the last thing on her mind should be wanting to get to know the gorgeous man in a suit she spots at the local bar. Desperate, she intends to steal his wallet right in the middle of their make out session in the bar’s bathroom but she leaves intending to never see him again.

Without finding a way out of her money problems, a month later she tries to disguise herself a man to get a high payin
Rabiya
FIVE STARS
I’ve got a destination and that destination is a ruggedly handsome man I am hopelessly in love with.

Ahhhh Taylor and Ethan! What a great couple. I loved these two from the very start, especially Taylor. She’s strong, self- sufficient and so funny. Loved the banter and Ethan’s heated gazes.
Coldhearted Boss just became my most favorite R.S Grey book. I had a huge grin on my face while reading it and I cried at the end because the epilogue was just so beautiful.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND I
Lien
4.5 Stars

*sigh* I loved it. Coldhearted Boss definitely has similarities to her previous books but it worked for me so whatever. I won't get into what I liked and didn't like. It's been a while since I've had these "spur-of-the-moment" ratings where I didn't have to think too long and hard about the pros and cons, so I want to leave it at that.
Alex ♈
mxa ☂︎
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
summerathon day 1:-
challenge 1: read a beachy read
Stacie
4 1/2 "How to tame a dragon." Stars!

Oh! I loved this story. It was funny, sweet, and overall very entertaining. Plus bonus, the setting was in my neck of the woods! I loved both MC. Ethan was a jerk at first, but he thought he had a good reason to be. But even then, was still a sweetheart. Taylor was a really sweet girl, trying to do the very best she could for herself her mom and her sister. I really liked her a lot. She was sweet with just enough sass. Most of all, I was so proud of Taylor!! C
Kayla Brunson
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2019
My feelings are all over the place about this one. I did enjoy it but I also had issues with it.

For the most part, I did enjoy this book. This book is pitched as enemies to lovers and that it was. I also think that’s where my problems lie. I think they were enemies for so long that when they did get together it wasn’t earth shattering for me. Did they have chemistry? Yes, they did. However, between the bickering and miscommunication, I felt like the actual relationship got pushed to the backburn
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
AHH!! I feel like I have a perma-smile on my face after reading Coldhearted Boss. This story was sexy and funny but also poignantly emotional and heartwarming. I love, love, loved Ethan and Taylor. Their chemistry was fiery and their spitfire banter was snarky, sassy and everything I've come to expect from R.S. Grey's stories. What an absolute win!!!

When Taylor Larson meets Ethan Stone, she is a young woman at the end of her rope with little to zero options. When she wrongs him on the night they
Amy
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I realize I was wrong before. This one’s not the prince in the fairytale. He’s the dragon.”

“We make a striking pair: dark features perfectly matched, brown eyes of such varying shades they shouldn’t even be classified as the same color. We’re two beautiful people about to make some very bad decisions.”

“This isn’t a man you use for a night. This is a man you turn your life upside down to be with, one you crawl on hands and knees to please, one who touches you once and brands your soul forever.”

H
Alaina
You know.. this started off rather slow for me.. and then at parts I was just kind of bored with everything.

Coldhearted Boss is just another book that kind of let me down. I don't know what it is with me and R.S. Grey books - sometimes they are so on point that I'm in love.. and other times I'm just like...wait, what book am I reading again? Always one or the other - no in-betweens.

That being said, this definitely fell into the 'wait what' category. In it, you will meet Taylor and Ethan. They
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own, ebook
A girl like me has no use for fairytales. They won't keep you warm or clothed or well fed....
….and I realize I was wrong before. This one's not the prince in the fairytale...
He's the dragon.

The #1 thing I love most about a new RS Grey book? It screams SUMMERTIME!

I don't care if it's the dead of winter or if the leaves are starting to turn colors in mid October, her books bring me a sense of spending days on the beach and campfires at night! And Coldhearted Boss is going to be a go to summer read
Anna
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
2,5 stars rounded up...
Meh, nothing interesting. Skipped a lot. A LOT!
Safe
NO OP scenes, both experienced.
Kate R
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Wow! What a great read! This is an enemies to lovers, workplace romance and I loved every second of it! I stayed up way too late to finish this in one sitting. This book actually reminds me of R.S. Grey’s Arrogant Devil and I LOVED that one! Taylor and Ethan have a pretty disastrous first meeting. They had great chemistry but a misunderstanding sets their relationship on course for the remainder of the book.

Taylor is a great character. She’s scrappy, down on her luck and honestly, just a good p
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW ***

4 CUTE CROWNS

Cold hearted boss had all thing things I love about an RS Grey book. Great banter, cute romance, and likable characters.

These two were fun, and I liked the meet cute. The relationship follows the typical pattern, the grand gesture at the end was a bit different, which was great. There wasn’t really much else in terms of surprises. It follows the typical RS Grey pattern for her books.

Light. Fun. Romantic. If you are looking for something quick and fun. This is it
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
 photo 043EE592-077C-41AB-8B9C-AFFCFB6C3E23.jpg

OK. I'm just going to say it...this wasn't RS Grey's best work. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. It was a super fun read, it really was. The angst and slow-burn factor were a bit too much for me. Ethan was a major dick! Like, why are you so mean? Also, he's 31, get over yourself, grow up, grow some balls, and tell Taylor how you feel!

The boss/employee factor wasn't a huge deal in this story if I'm being honest. There was just SO MUCH tip toeing around feelings and general joy between Ethan and Taylor t
Jaclyn
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just absolutely LOVE RS GREY! This one reminded me so much of one of my favorites Arrogant Devil and like with every book of hers that I read, I finished it off in one day and could not put it down! It was such a fun fast summer romance and I couldn’t get enough of Taylor and Ethan’s story! I loved the banter, and I loved them forced to be in Rose Cabin together, so much perfection. Another flawless book from RS Grey!
lucie
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, in-english
.. only because of the very underwhelming ending. Otherwise I enjoyed reading this a lot.
Books Over Sleep
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2019
3.5 Starts

Coldhearted Boss had all the amazing aspects an R.S. Grey read has. Full of laugh out loud banter, incredible chemistry, a hero and heroine who don't get off to the best start and phenomenal writing that keeps you hooked till the very end. Taylor was a bold and such a wonderful heroine, she meets Ethan head to head every time and doesn't give up even when she's at her lowest. Ethan, even though he sometime came off as a big jerk, was really truly a good guy. He was caring, and even whe
Jacqueline
Slow burn and a surly H. Really enjoyed this one.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I ATE THIS BOOK FOR LUNCH TODAY!!! Those deliciously painful heart twinges I loooooooove so much? I was getting them on every page. The slow burn was scrumptious, the banter was SPOT ON. This enemies to lovers workplace romance was adorably comedic, emotionally FIERY and the push and pull was everything I've come to love from RS Grey. I loved the heck out of Coldhearted Boss.

From the jump, I was ensnared in this book. The dynamic established in that bar on the very first page had me turning thes
shre ♡
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.75....i think*

the ending lowkey felt rushed and i feel like some characters could’ve been more fleshed out. for example, i would’ve loved to have seen a little more of taylor’s mom and sister. also would’ve loved a little more groveling on the part of Ethan, i felt like the problem got resolved too quickly. other than that, the story was super cute and angsty and slow burn af and a perfect enemies to lovers read.
TARA
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
2.5 ✧

'I'm like Hilary Duff wearing that tiny mask in A Cinderella Story, acting like no one could possibly recognise her.'

A rom without a lot of com and it was lacking in enough witty banter. Lots of 'filler' between the bits you actually wanted to read, so I found it a bit boring. I usually find Greys books funny and entertaining but certain ones of hers haven't worked for me. This was somewhere in the middle, hence the rating. I'd say the slow-burn saved me from a DNF.

Ethan and Taylor had a li

• The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1)
  • Marriage for One
  • The Locker Room
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • The Best Thing
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Trouble With Love
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • Boss I Love to Hate: An Office Romance
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Teardrop Shot
  • Inappropriate
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • The Prenup
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • I Hate You
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey