Start by marking “Baby Belly” as Want to Read:
Baby Belly

Baby Belly

Baby Belly is a precious story about the pregnancy experience for a sibling that features a big brother who wonders what's inside his moms belly--maybe it's a balloon? As mommy's belly gets bigger and bigger he waits for the arrival of a baby sister or brother. Get Ready Board Book is a new series of wordless board books with bright illustrations that will delight ...more
Board Book, 20 pages
Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by Magination Press

To ask other readers questions about Baby Belly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Belly

Start your review of Baby Belly
Morris
Absolutely adorable! The coming of a new sibling is explored in this wordless picture book. Perfect for the little ones about to become an older brother or sister.

This unbiased review is based on a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just fell in love with this cover. Why was this boy putting a balloon under his shirt? I didn't even read the blurb until after I requested it, and that answered my question. I was happy I requested it and couldn't wait to get accepted and read it. And here we are!

Recommended and review to come in January 2020.
Zelie
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet stories about a kid that curious about his mom's belly that getting bigger, excited to have sibling

It's heartwarming, with nice illustration. Recommended for a birthday's present :D
Etienne
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wordless picture book about the coming of a baby brother/sister for a child point of view. Funny, cute and useful. Well done!
Theediscerning
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before you ask, yes, this is deliberately without text – I wasn't completely sure until I read the publisher's notes, for the e-file I saw came with no covers, title pages etc. So what I did get was just a very few pages, but pages that completely successfully showed a young child curious about that bulge that seems to be growing in the middle of his mother's body all of a sudden. Yes, the textless format is both a great way to get this seen across multiple international markets, and a conscious ...more
joyce w. laudon
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short, wordless picture book for the youngest children is absolutely delicious. With delicate illustrations reminiscent of those by Helen Oxenbury, young readers watch as a young child observes his mother's expanding girth due to pregnancy. The child tries to figure out what is happening. He even tries to replicate the look with a balloon. When the baby is born, he observes that his mom's back to her usual shape.

This book is so very cute and can open the door to discussion on this life
Cat
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute wordless picture book for littles whose moms are expecting a baby! older brother, in the case of this story, wonders what's in his mommy's tummy; could it be a balloon? Mom's baby bump grows through the story, only to disappear once the baby makes it's appearance! And, of course, the toddler and baby up a bit to be best buds! I love the illustrations. Would make a nice gift to child who's going to have a new baby in their home soon! Could have been a bit longer, but now bad!

I received a
Elevetha
*An ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

The illustrations are THE cutest!

I've never been a huge fan of wordless baby books. They can be kinda boring to read, however, this one is so adorable, the lack of words is forgiven. To be fair, I've yet to see how my baby (or any baby) reacts to the story and how well just the pictures go over, but I'm very interested to see!

If I had a complaint, it would be that this is too short!
Danielle Bailleu
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
The illustrations are great in this book but I am not a fan of wordless books. It is not a book that I can sit down and read to my children. I do like how a child can look at the pictures and understand what is going on but again, not something my daughters would enjoy.

This book was given to me an an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated in any way.
Aftin Combs
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddos
My kids and I love board books with no words. It is so fun to focus on the pictures and ask them what they observe. This one brought up lots of great questions about pregnancy. The art was really wholesome.
Mandi Murphy
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I've used a lot of different books to prepare my kids for younger siblings, but I've never seen anything like this.
Kit Feral
Dec 14, 2019
Duane
Dec 11, 2019
Janet
Jan 26, 2020
Victoria Lee
rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2020
Jessica
Jan 15, 2020
Abbey
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Baby Belly’ by Patricia Martin is an absolute delight of a book. The illustrations have a timeless feel and making it a wordless story is a genius move.

What better way to have your young one able to “tell their own story” of looking forward to the birth of a younger sibling? And, without text, Mom or Dad can explain in their own words what is going on within the family.

This would make a wonderful gift for parents to give to the soon-to-be Big Brother.

Solid Five Star Read. A huge Thank You to

• Grow Kind
  • Remembering Ethan
  • What is Mommy Going to Do?
  • Queer Heroes: Meet 53 LGBTQ Heroes From Past and Present!
  • Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
  • Stephen Hawking (Pequeño & GRANDE, #2)
  • Hurry Home, Harriet: A Birthday Story