Start by marking “Rewind (Pinx Video Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Rewind (Pinx Video Mysteries #4)

Rewind

(A Pinx Video Mystery #4)

Valentine’s Day, 1993. After years of being single, Noah is finally ready to date again. Unfortunately, things don’t end too well. After spending their first night together, he wakes up covered in blood—next to his very dead date. Already convinced Noah has an abnormal attraction to murder, Detective Wellesley believes it has tipped over to actually killing someone. That l ...more
Published May 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rewind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rewind

CrabbyPatty
"Rewind" is the fourth book in the Pinx Video Mysteries series and as in the first three books in the series, Noah finds himself in the midst of a murder investigation. But this time it's up close and personal as Noah wakes up in his bed with a dead man next to him. Detective Javier O'Shea's partner is 100% convinced Noah is the killer, so of course Noah and his friends Marc and Louis and Leon start their own investigation.

Only after I finished the book did I realize many elements of the murder
Joyfully Jay
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

I am personally a great fan of Marshall Thornton’s Pinx Video Mysteries series and, with the release of book four, I am once again reminded of how much I enjoy this eclectic cast of characters. Before I begin, if you have not read this series you should go back and start with book one, Night Drop, as each one builds on the last and none can really be described as a standalone. In this latest book, Rewind, we pick up with Noah pretty much right after his last brush
Lisa
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so love this series.
The cast of characters are great and really do well with each other. They are making themselves into a little Murder club.
The mystery is good and I didn't guess the murderer.
I can't wait for the next in the series to come out.
Becca
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah, I love this series! It gets better and better with every book. But this one really hit me hard. It’s a more emotional one, for me anyway. I guess because it really hits home. Pun intended.
Noah has a penchant for attracting trouble, and boy is he in it this time. After finally deciding to date again, he has a good date for Valentine’s that ends up more at home. But waking up in the morning brings a horror he never thought of. His date is dead. Brutally murdered. Covered in blood and holding
Chelsey Nixon
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
#SpoilerWarrior

I liked this book? I was excited to read it, I love Thornton, I liked all of the characters involved in the book. I do feel like it ended really abruptly. The climax of the book happened and I had to stop and check what % I was at in the book because it just didn’t feel like it was time.
Also Noah is the worst employer known to man and that’s always a struggle for me to come to terms with.
Shelby
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marshall Thornton delivers again with another great addition to the Pinx Mysteries. The moment this was available, I knew I'd be throwing sleep to the wayside to read this, and I can't say I regret it one bit.
Vicki
I can't decide if I want Javier and Noah to get together yet, or not. The romantic in me wants them to get together solving crimes and living happily ever after. But I just don't feel like they are on the same wavelength yet. I would like him to be more involved in Noah's life, though. I like Javier and I want to experience his growth with him. The mystery was solid and well played out. I sort of expected Noah to have a bit more of a meltdown after discovering the body but then Noah isn't that d ...more
Ann
Should NOT be read without reading books 1-3. Not a stand alone.

People being falsely accused of crimes has always disturbed me as a plot device. Obviously by the end of the book they catch the real killer and Noah is exonerated--that's not too much of a spoiler in this genre. But I still didn't like him under so much suspicion for most of the book. It irked me.

I also didn't like the way Javier finds out Noah's big secret, namely that (view spoiler). It just s
Dokun888
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man

I've been waiting for this book so much! Love Noah's narrative, he is just too cute XDD Mystery was quite interesting it was about time Noah was investigated XD As for the rest, the whole book I was like come on Javier! and then at the end come on Noah! XD Gosh, the author again dropped a bomb or a potential bomb and I desperately need the next book! And I want Noah to be happy god damn it XD
Sue~Always Reading~
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this and I really enjoy this series. This was my least favorite so far because I thought the mystery was just so-so and the climax and resolution just fell flat for me. I was a bit frustrated with Javier and I hope the next book, or books, resolve some of that situation. I love Noah’s friends and mom and they really make this series even better.
PaperMoon
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a bit of shock to start this latest Pinx title with such a lot of blood/gore - but the author keeps my attention with the regular cast of crazy/interesting characters (Noah's scooby gang) and of the course the continued attraction/tension/pullaway Noah has with his tall, dark and handsome police detective.
Kevin
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author provided me a beta copy to proofread. I loved the story, a mystery with a bit of mm romance. The whole gang is back investigating yet another murder, this one close to home. Secrets come out, so hopefully this will move things forward. The dialog often made me laugh.
ConM
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ku
Good, but not my favorite in the series.

Murder plot kinda weak, no relationship development. But I love the ensemble cast.
Cornelia
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the series and carries on the saga of Noah and his friends amateur sleuthing. I love Noah and his take it as it comes attitude.
Andrea
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best of the series - great mystery.
BakaRena
Jun 02, 2019
Dena
May 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Two-time Lambda Award-winning author, Marshall Thornton is best known for the Boystown and Pinx Video mystery series. Other novels include the erotic comedy The Perils of Praline, or the Amorous Adventures of a Southern Gentleman in Hollywood, Desert Run and Full Release. Marshall has an MFA in screenwriting from UCLA, where he received the Carl David Memorial Fellowship and was recognized in the ...more

A Pinx Video Mystery (4 books)
  • Night Drop (A Pinx Video Mystery, #1)
  • Hidden Treasures (A Pinx Video Mystery, #2)
  • Late Fees (A Pinx Video Mystery, #3)