Start by marking “Issy's Infatuation” as Want to Read:
Issy's Infatuation

Issy's Infatuation

Issy Deans has a secret — she's always lusted after Tyler Jameson. Call it an unfortunate infatuation with her brothers' best friend. A surprise meeting at rugby training brings a provocative proposition. One month of hot sex then they'll both walk away. Issy isn't a fool. She says yes. Let the month begin. Each touch sizzles. It's pure magic between them. Passionate. ...more
Published March 30th 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published March 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Issy's Infatuation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Issy's Infatuation

Start your review of Issy's Infatuation
Crystal~BIG book addict~
This one just wasn't for me. It was too short and not enough time to get a good grasp of the characters. The bonus side was that it moved really fast so you didn't have to wait very long for the hot, steamy scenes!

Issy is a rugby player who wants to play for the Black Ferns, New Zealand's female representative rugby team. Tyler is the new fill-in coach for her current team, also her former neighbor and former crush.

Things move very fast once Tyler sees Issy again. They have a month before he has
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
For a short novella it was fine. A little too much explanation of the practice and game of Rugby for me. But I think that's mostly because it's not really something that's indigenous to the states, although I've seen a couple games.

A couple hot sexy moments. But not much else, cause that's what you generally get with a novella.
Linda
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Rugby player Izzy gets a surprise when the temporary coach turns out to be her childhood neighbor and crush Tyler.
Seeing Izzy again after two years away makes Tyler make a proposition - a month together. Will Izzy go along with it, and whatll happen when the month is up?
Quick, cute read with smutty fluff and rugby.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.
3,5 Stars
Rinou
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Good for an erotica novella, the story and the sex scenes are balanced and equally enjoyable.
Rachel T
3 out of 5 for this reader folks!

A quick read (less than 100 pages), Issy's Infatuation by Shelley Munro is typical to what I expect from an Ellora's Cave Quickie.

Issy is a competitive rugby player. She has just learned that her teenage crush Tyler has just returned to town, to take over coaching duties of her team. Issy is somewhat conflicted as she wants to make a good impression to the scouts watching her, but seems to trip and get all silly nervous in front of her new coach. Tyler then
Tabatha
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was an enjoyable short hot read. I do wish it would have been a bit longer though, because I didn't feel like I got to know the characters very well. That aside, it had some steamy hot scenes between the characters. I even got a bit of a chuckle when her brother decided to tag along with them to the tournament. Honestly I actually know nothing about rugby, but that didn't dissuade me in the least since the author was very descriptive about what was going on. Overall, I think the author did ...more
Reader
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
RUGBY THEMED ROMANCE

Isabel "Issy" Deans has always had a thing for her brothers best friend. When he arrives to coach her women's rugby team for a month, issy doesn't know if she can cope with him being in such close proximity. But Tyler Jameson has already noticed how much Issy has changed, she's grown up from the gangly girl he remembered. Maybe they could have some fun while he's in town for the next month.

This is a really short story. But I liked it a lot, I realise it's difficult to fully
Kelly
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs-read
**ARC received through Netgalley**

This quick story "Issy's Infatuation" was easy to read if you don't have anything else to do and if you likes sports mixed with some romance and erotica, then it's better. It took me maybe an hour (I think) to finish it and I knew by reading previous reviews that it probably wouldn't be a book who'll blown my mind but who'll maybe be nice to pass the time. So yes, it was like that and the sex wasn't anything special but the story was nice and light even if the
Dianne
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: galleys-arcs

I know that this was a "quickie" read, but it was still a bit disappointing. If you do not like or understand Rugby, you may not enjoy this novella. The author focused a little more on the sport than she did on the building of the characters relationship and its resolution.

The sex seemed more rote than creative and the idea of our female protagonist (Issy) having had a crush on the male protagonist (Tyler) is a bit cliched.

This novella was initially written in 2007 (in electronic form) and
Sapphyria
Isabel "Issy" Deans is on her way to becoming a professional rugby player. She has her sights set and knows that she'll be showing her stuff at the next few games. She calm, cool, and collected until Tyler Jameson walks in as a substitute trainer.

Tyler had no idea that subbing for the coach would bring him face-to-face with the girl - now woman - he grew up next to. She's all grown up and the lust hits the second they lock eyes. Her brothers won't approve but he knows he has to have her. One
Snarky Mom
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
The best thing about "ISSY'S INFATUATION"? The cover. (Yum!)

My least favorite thing about "ISSY'S INFATUATION"? It is based in the world of rugby, and well, I know NOTHING about rugby.

"ISSY'S INFATUATION" is a 50+ page story from Ellora's Cave "Quickies" division - perfect for a lunchtime, or soccer practice, or better yet, rugby practice, read. It is priced at $1.49 - eh - and written by an Australian author, Shelley Munro, so if you are American, be "up" on your Queen's English phrases (jumper
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Issy’s Infatuation was an enjoyable tale of two old friends that meet up after years apart. Well actually it is her older brother’s friend that she had a mad crush on to the point that she would stutter every time she tried to speak to him. Tyler comes back to town home to be a coach after play Rugby in Japan. But it’s almost the end of the season for the women’s league and his old coach ask him to take over the team since there is only a month left while he is ill, he agrees. Not knowing Issy ...more
Jody
Mar 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a quick but fun read with likable characters with a strong connection. Strong-willed Issy has loved handsome and funny Tyler for years, but he always saw her in a sisterly way. Now he's back to coach her rugby team and doesn't want to waste anymore time. For the one month he coaches, she agrees to be his. And lucky for her, he no longer sees her as a sister. As she prepares for a tryout with a professional rugby team, he spends time teaching her other things.

The relationship between
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Issy’s a Ruby player whos worked really hard to get where shes at in the sport and does not have time for distractions. However, the season has about a month left and her team gets a new temporary coach, it just so happens to be her long time family friend and super crush, Tyler.

This little “quickie” is pretty good. I don’t understand Rugby, but that didn’t affect the material at all. The Rugby part is just the background for the story (as far as I’m concerned) and the relationship and sex
Crystal
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in place of an honest review.

Issy Munroe loves to play rugby and she knows that if she keeps up playing like she has for the last several games she will get picked to play in the big league. That is until her coach had a medical condition and her childhood crush Tyler Jameson walks in to coach until he goes to his next job. Issy has never been able to talk to him and not fall every time she see's him.

Tyler knew as soon as he saw Issy that he had to
Ivyd
Mar 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Issy has been crushing on Tyler since she was a teenager. Now he's back from playing rugby in Japan and coaching her team, the Jets. Their coach had a heart attack and Tyler is his replacement for the last month of the season. Issy stutters and trips whenever Tyler's around so it's the last thing she wants. She'll never get chosen to play with the Black Ferns if she becomes accident prone klutz.

ISSY'S INFATUATION is delightfully charming. I love Issy and Tyler, their chemistry and the humor. In
Janet
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella was a fun, sexy, quick read from Ellora's Cave author Shelley Munro. Rugby is a central character and Ms. Munro seems to know the game and used the knowledge well in setting the story. Being a novella, the pace was fast, but the storyline didn't suffer. The primary couple definitely had sparks and the heat was on, so to say, from early on. The dialogue was humorous and sassy, the characters strongly written (again, hard to accomplish in novella format), and the sex scenes were ...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
This was a bit of a tough one, while definitely hot with some great chemistry between Issy and Tyler, we don't really get to know or connect with them,,,that is the drawback sometimes with the "shorts" or "quickies", sometimes they can be pulled off well and sometimes it is just interesting enough that you want more and end up frustrated at the end.

Aside from missing the connection with the characters I did enjoy this, it is a quick read I finished is about 45 minutes. If you want a quick steamy
Kari
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, kindle
Issy's Infatuation is from Ellora Cave's "Quickie" line. It's a fairly quick and enjoyable read. Issy has known Tyler since they were younger. She also used to be in love with him. The problem is that he was her brother's best friend growing up. When Tyler takes over as coach for her Rugby team, he realizes that little Issy is all grown up.

Even thought it's a novella, I felt the connection between Issy and Tyler. Their attraction was very hot and I liked their relationship. I was rooting for
Tracey
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short read about 54 pages, but It's a good read.

Izzy plays rugby, she has big brothers too but there all away. Her brothers friend and ex next door neighbour Tyler, is her crush and has been for a while. He arrives to coach her team - and it's gets steamy.

Apart from the steam which is good, there is a story and characters with personality.

This is an Elloras cave book so the sex is detailed, izzy is definitely a sex kitten!

The book comes to a satisfying end.

Rating this book, it's only short but
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
Issy is a rugby player hoping to move up from her small team to a more competitive one. She's surprised when her new coach is her long time crush Tyler. He proposes a month of hot sex between them and she takes him up on it, hoping he'll be hooked on her and want to stick around until the month is over.

This one just didn't work for me. The writing was hot, but the pacing of the relationship felt rushed. (I know, I know, it's a novella, but still!) I think the sex was well written, but the plot
LPJ
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Issy's Infatuation is an entertaining short romance. Issy is a female rugby player who's had a crush on her older brother's friend Tyler for years. When he turns up as their temporary coach, sparks fly.

This story has a high heat factor and a unique heroine in Issy. I really liked reading about her as a professional athlete at the top of her game. Tyler left somewhat less of an impression, and I was expecting a bit more from the confrontation with Issy's brother, but overall this was a fun and
Pamela
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Issy's Infatuation is a short, romance novella involving a female rugby player and her coach.

It is decently written and edited, but the plot was lackluster and not fully developed. I have a feeling that had it been longer it would have been a satisfying read.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.
Heather
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just as the series implies, this romance is a quick read. However, don't let the length of the novel fool you as Munro presents an actual storyline with engaging characters and some steamy romance. Great for a quick afternoon read, Issy's Infatuation will grab your attention and have you looking for more by this author.
Patricia
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy the authors of elloras cave. These. Are very hot...sexy..short stories that will have your toes curling and your libido in over drive. Issy makes.a deal for one month of hot..steamy sex with no
expectations...but her goal is to more. A great fast read with a promise of a sex man...steamy sex.. and issy's dream come true.
namericanwordcat
The erotic short from Ellora's Cave was a quick spicy fun read. It had childhood crush and woman rugby player set in New Zealand. While not very meaty, these are fun tropes and I hope we come back to the world of women's rugby.

Fun read!

I was given this book for my honest review. So, there you have it.
* Booksessed * Bec
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-net-galley
Book provided by the publisher.

This was a hot little read with likable characters and a good plot. It was mostly well written, sometimes I had issues with the flow and it was rushed in parts.
Wminbc
Cute fast read!
Michelle Robbins
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute, funny, quick and sexy!
Tanja Readalot
May 14, 2013

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
USA Today Bestselling author, Shelley lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy.

Typical New Zealanders, Shelley and her husband left home for their big OE soon after they married (translation of New Zealand speak - big overseas experience). A year long adventure lengthened to six years of roaming the world. Enduring memories include being almost sat on by a mountain