Start by marking “The Masterpiece” as Want to Read:
The Masterpiece

The Masterpiece

The Masterpiece follows an ambitious set of paintbrushes as they set out to create a grand work of art. But will their goals be derailed when some of the paintbrushes display unusual behavior, or will they all learn how to work together, no matter what?

Join a spunky collection of paintbrushes as they set out to create a grand masterpiece.

When some of the brushes don't
Published September 25th 2019 by New Paige Press

To ask other readers questions about The Masterpiece, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Masterpiece

Start your review of The Masterpiece
Patricia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Inclusion Message!

This charming book delivers an easy to understand message that sometimes people in our group act differently than we do , and that 's ok! The text is written in clever rhyme and the colorful illustrations do a great job of distinguishing between the different paintbrush characters. This would be a terrific resource for any classroom which includes "differently-abled" students.
Michael Perry
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, well-written story

The author did a wonderful job of showing how many different bushes can work together in their own ways to create a wonderful masterpiece. As a Special Education teacher, I especially appreciated the loving and accepting manner in how every brush was given it's own time and way to contribute to the final masterpiece.
Erica
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story, beautiful illustrations

My 5 year old loved this story about how differences make the world more beautiful and rich. It’s a fun read filled with bright, engaging illustrations
Ingrid D
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Autism mom, Tourette's sister. Love it!!!

I love it!!! This book gave me a big, warm feeling of joy in the center of my heart. I recommend it for anyone and everyone who lives in this colorful world.
Lauri Carey
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect and Relatable

This is a perfect book for preschoolers through adults to introduce and relate to children with different abilities. The characters are so sweet and the metaphor of paintbrushes, each unique, creating a “masterpiece” is positive and poignant!!
Hagop Kaneboughazian
A beautiful book

The illustrations in this book are truly lovely. The way the artist captured the different personalities of the brushes came through loud and clear. And the message is a good one as well.
Emma Price
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Beautiful rhyming - Gorgeous colors - Timeless story line - Ageless themes-This is truly a masterpiece! Jay Miletsky has created an exceptional pathway to promote the understanding of Autism. Boys and girls will love this very unique book and its friendly characters.
Laly Kat
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection

Illustrations are beautifully and tastefully done. They support the narrative and add to eat while avoiding competing with the text. Love the rhymes abs cadence of the story and the plot is fantastic, entertaining and easy to follow yet has an important message!
Rebecca Yee-Peters
Beautiful

Beautifully written rhyming and gorgeous illustrations. This book is amazingly written to teach kids about differences in others. Great for beginning of the school year.
Matthew
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of acceptance...

This book is beautifully drawn and written. It has a great message of acceptance of all learners and benefits a great cause.
Kellee
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved the inclusion message!
Angela Castillo
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 8 year old loved it

She really loved the masterpiece when it was finished. And she loved how the brushes included everyone, even when they acted a bit differently.
ian faust
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This is quite a masterpiece of writing and illustrating. I think it will appeal to many audiences- both young and old. It has a universal message of acceptance.
Tony Swisher
Andréa
Jul 18, 2019
Nicole
Aug 07, 2019

• Arial, the Unicorn (UnicornPreneur #1)
  • Arial, the YouTuber (UnicornPreneur #3)
  • My Magical Words (The Magic of Me Book 1)
  • How to Win the Gold Medal in Pajamas: Growth Mindset for Kids (Grow Grit Series Book 3)
  • Goggles: The Bear Who Dreamed of Flying (Goggles: First Bear To Fly Book 1)
  • Arial, the Astronaut (UnicornPreneur #2)
  • Little Narwhal's Day: A Secret Creatures Book
  • Never Let A Dinosaur Scribble!
  • Hootie Lou
  • Roo The Little Red Tuk Tuk
  • Can You Find My Shoe?: A Zoo Adventure for Ages 3-7
  • Best Trip Ever: The Best Vacation Travel Book for Toddlers, Kids, and Parents (Big Heart, Little Laughs 2)
  • F is for Fall: An ABC Club Book (ABC Club Books 1)
  • Bo the Bat
  • Let's Celebrate Ganesha's Birthday! (Maya & Neel's India Adventure Series, Book 11)
  • Mac and Cheese