Start by marking “Kiss of the Red Scorpion” as Want to Read:
Kiss of the Red Scorpion

Kiss of the Red Scorpion

Join New York Times, USA Today, and Bestselling Authors, Suzan Tisdale, Genevieve Jack, Kathryn Lynn Davis, T.M. Cromer, KC Bateman, and Sara Whitney for six never before published tales of love and thrilling suspense.

A deadly curse.

Kindle Edition
Published July 30th 2019 by Targe & Thistle INC

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of the Red Scorpion, please sign up.
Kathryn Lynn The individual novellas are available, but the book as a whole has been discontinued.

Start your review of Kiss of the Red Scorpion
Janet
A deadly curse.
When two goddesses clash, a cursed object is hurled through time. A scorpion necklace, beautiful but deadly, surfaces again and again over the centuries with the power to level cities and destroy mankind.
A timeless battle.
From ancient Ireland to near-future New York, the necklace calls to those with the propensity for evil, energizing the wicked and, when worn, bringing disaster to the wearer and turning the good to bad.
Six novellas that weave the tale of the cursed necklace
So far
Deb Diem
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kiss Of The Red Scorpion is a collection of stories about the same necklace at different points in time, each story by a different author.

The Scorpion's Kiss by K.C. Bateman is an extraordinary historical romance featuring the red scorpion necklace. Ms. Bateman has contributed a story that is well-written and filled it with a phenomenal cast of characters. Harry's Aunt has promised him 5,000 pounds to go to Egypt and bring back Hester. Hester traveled to Egypt with her uncle to make maps, her
Maeve Greyson
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come...but short and sweet? IT IS FABULOUS!
Kayla Christine
I read an ARC of The Three Sisters by Genevieve Jack, one of the stories within this anthology.

I devoured it as soon as I received the story. Genevieve is so skilled at creating heroines who are real, who have to find their strength and grow to overcome. I love the way Greek and Egyptian myths were woven throughout the story and the tie in to her current Treasure of Paragon series!
April Mollenkopf
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great short story. Alena reminded me a lot of Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I am not sure why. She was so book smart and ingenious in her answers to the riddles. Orpheus was smooth and charming and knew when Alena would shine. He had his own strengths. When he was turned into a donkey I was laughing. I can’t wait to see what becomes of the three daughter.
Melissa Sousa
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have an ARC of Essential Magic, and let me tell you, she keeps getting better and better!!! I laughed, I cried and then laughed some more. I have become so attached to the characters and it is all a credit to the superior story telling and character development. Loved this book so much!
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Three Sisters is a refreshing take on a romance that takes place in Egypt. It was not predictable at all and held my interest through the entire story. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a break from the usually romance book. Another great read from Genevieve Jack.
Carissa
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Scorpion's Kiss by K.C. Bateman

It was fun reading this plot. Harry (bribed by his Aunt) is to go to Egypt to find and retrieve Lady Hester who is an archaeologist of sorts. This was an adventure type read I haven't read the likes before.

This is my first read by K.C. Bateman and wow, this definitely has some Indiana Jones vibes. K.C. writes this novella as if you're actually in Egypt 1816. The writing is that good! I've heard of her before and am curious to check out more of her work.
Melinda Kidder
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got to read one of the stories early and fell in love with the characters. I could not put my kindle down. So excited to read the rest of the novel! If you are looking for something that takes you back in history (the story from GJ is based in Egypt) and characters that have electric chemistry this is a must read! This book is culturally diverse and takes you on a whirlwind following the red scorpion throughout time.
Connie J
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great story, exciting with a heartwarming love story. I couldn’t put it down and read it all the way through. Genevieve Jack is an awesome writer. I encourage anyone to read her books!
Tanis
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Essential Magic. T.M. Cromer. I totally enjoyed this book. Couldn’t put it down. Would completely recommend this series to all.
Kathy
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very good story. I loved the characters and felt very drawn into the wonderful world created around Rory and Lasair and their friendship, love and respect for each other as partners and warriors. I always appreciate strong female heroines. I don’t want to provide spoilers so will just say I enjoyed the story of the brothers and the resolution of the tale.

I was provided an advanced reader copy for an unbiased opinion. The fantasy and war scenes weren’t really my favorite thus my 4 star
Elissa B
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received the K.C. Bateman novella from this book to review. It was delightful and now I need to read more. Harry and Hester have a long and storied history of being a pain in each other's ass. Except that one time Harry kissed her to keep her from insulting a visiting royal. Now, Hester has disappeared in Egypt and Harry has been charged with bringing her home. The main characters are snappy and smolder and drive each other nuts in just the right way. This historical novella packs a great plot ...more
Stefani
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't get enough of it. Definitely one of my favorites yet. T.M. Cromer out did herself this time with Essential Magic. You won't be able to put the book down.
Kelsey McKnight
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory loved Lasair since they were children in the MacCaerill clan. They grew up together, inseparable until the day they met with the clan’s seer, Magdara, and were allowed to marry. Before long, they even took in a pair of orphan boys named Quinn and Tornan. But one day, the young boys went in search of the legendary treasure of Dagda.

Dagda’s sword and the scorpion necklace was supposed to be their little secret. But Quinn is haunted by the unknown and the specter of a golden-eyed woman
Cyndi
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ann/Alba
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-read
Sue Galuska
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book of novellas center around a scorpion necklace. There are 6 different stories.

The Scorpion's Kiss by K. C. Bateman:

Harry Tremayne's Great Aunt Agatha has offered him 5000 pounds to go to Egypt and bring Lady Hester Morden and her Uncle Jasper back. They have been gone a long time and Agatha is worried because she hasn't heard from them. Reluctantly, Harry agrees.

When Harry finds Lady Hester in Egypt, he finds her in a well, with no way out. He also learns that her uncle has passed away
Rhonda
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read all the stories but am just going a general review. This whole anthology just blew me away. To be honest, I've never really read one quite like this. To have one central item, a cursed item at that, and then have each story follow the item through different time periods was genius. I had only heard, and read, a couple of the authors so I was happy to discover new ones I need to look up. Every single story was great. As I would finish one story, I couldn't wait to see where the next ...more
Heather
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of The Scorpion’s Kiss by K.C. Bateman. It is part of the Kiss of the Red Scorpion Anthology.

K.C. Bateman is a new author for me. I thoroughly enjoyed The Scorpion’s Kiss. I am always drawn to strong female characters and Lady Hester Morden is perfection! She is a woman far ahead of her times. She is independent, smart, fearless, and adaptable. Harry Tremayne is her perfect match. While he is a man of his times – he appreciates Hester for her strengths and loves to match wits
Susan Peterson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The premise of this book is fantastic! An ancient curse making its way through the centuries, stories that are filled with suspense, danger, and love! I was totally enthralled by Kathryn Lynn Davis’s story, The Incorruptible Heart! I was transported to Scotland in the early 16th century, and the author did an incredible job of making it feel as if I were truly there! Even in such a short story, I was entranced by the characters, and the danger and suspense took my breath away!! I am looking ...more
M.P.
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've only read one book so far, because I was lucky enough to get an ARC for it, but I will amend this review once I've read the rest. And in the interest of avoiding spoilers, here's all I will say:

This story was amazing! I was hooked from page one, and the ending left me wanting to know what happens next! I can't wait to read the other books!
Jojo Davidson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the Incorruptible Heart story by Kathryn Lynn Davis and as usual her depiction of strong Scottish characters was on point. A marvellous story with suspense, mystery and little romance. Kathryn never fails to deliver a magical and believable Scottish scene. Looking forward to reading all the other stories.
Linda J.
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!
It took me about a 1/4 of the book to feel a connection to the character's. Then it was boom bang with suspense and excitement that I found myself with my shoulders raised and holding my breath. The middle and ending all came together and was filled with magic and excitment.

This isn't my usual genre that I read. I am a Highland/Regency reader with other genre's thrown in to make life interesting. That maybe why it took me awhile to enjoy this story, but once I did I can highly
Karrie Burdette
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has a little bit of romance, a little bit of Adventure, a little bit of fantasy and a whole lot of entertainment! I look forward to reading more from suzan Tisdale.
Lilpookah
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Kathryn Lynn Davis’s The Incorruptible Heart. Oh my! What a fabulous story! No spoilers here! The multidimensional story involves a curse dating back centuries, a lovely romance, a little bit of mystery, and a whole lot of drama. The fact that all this can be developed and be resolved in a short story is a big achievement and Kathryn Lynn Davis did just that! My favorite aspect of her story was her detail in the characters which is hard to do in a shorter story. I felt like I was ...more
Tonya
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
I was given the distinct pleasure to beta read Kathryn Lynn Davis's The Incorruptible Heart. Oh my gosh, it was amazing! Working for a magazine that reviews books, I have read a lot of novellas, they are extremely hard to pull off due to their length. Making the characters full of depth and the story intriguing is hard in such a short amount of time, but Ms. Davis has done exactly that! She has given depth and emotion to the characters, built a world that is believable and made you despise the ...more
Nadine Conway Downing
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Poisoned Legacy by Sara Whitney and Genevieve Jack. The story was a fun, fast-paced adventure set in an unexpected time period. Pris Torres & Morgan Macleod are not who they appear to be; but once they combine their talents for a greater good the real fun begins!
June McKibben
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was a great book Love the twists and stories that went with it. The sacrifices made showed so much love.
Anne
Oops Detection on "The Poisoned Legacy" by Genevieve Jack and Sara Whitney

• The Mercenary (Order of the Broken Blade, #2)
  • Starless (The Executioner Knights #3)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • How To Wed A Wild Lass: A Medieval Scottish Duet
  • The Blacksmith: Order of the Broken Blade
  • The Beast's Bride (The Brides of Skye #1)
  • The Earl (Order of the Broken Blade, #4)
  • Long Lost Magic (Thorne Witches, #6)
  • BlackWolfe: Sons of de Wolfe (de Wolfe Pack Book 14)
  • Spring Magic (Thorne Witches, #4)
  • The Scot
  • All Things Merry and Bright: A Very Special Christmas Tale Collection
  • The Highlander's Thief (The Highlands Warring Scottish Romance) (A Medieval Historical Romance Book)
  • Winter Magic (Thorne Witches, #3)
  • Forever Magic (Thorne Witches, #7)
  • Rekindled Magic (Thorne Witches, #5)
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Kiaran: A Scottish Time Travel Romance (Immortal Highlander, Clan Mag Raith, #5)
USA Today Bestselling Author, storyteller and cheeky wench, SUZAN TISDALE lives in the Midwest with her verra handsome carpenter husband. All but one of her children have left the nest. Her pets consist of dust bunnies and a dozen poodle-sized, backyard-dwelling groundhogs – all of which run as free and unrestrained as the voices in her head. And she doesn’t own a single pair of yoga pants, much ...more