Start by marking “Good Morning, Killer (Ana Grey, #2)” as Want to Read:
Good Morning, Killer (Ana Grey, #2)

Good Morning, Killer (Ana Grey #2)

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  351 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Special Agent Grey is working on a kidnapping case—a fifteen-year-old named Juliana has been abducted in Santa Monica. Grey’s counterpart in the Santa Monica Police Department is Detective Andrew Berringer. They’ve worked together before—and they’ve been more than just working together ever since.

It’s Ana’s job “to know the victim as if she were my own flesh and blood.” B
Published December 1st 2004 by Pinnacle (first published December 20th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Good Morning, Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Morning, Killer

Staci Woodburn-Henry
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I read outside my normal genre for the Ana Grey books on the recommendation of a friend. After one, I was hooked. This is the note I sent him while on the second book:

I was reading while waiting for the bus this morning. When it pulled up, I got on without looking up. Still on the bus 45 minutes later, it's pouring rain and hail and no one can figure out how to close the roof hatch that I'm sitting under. Which is of course when I finally stopped reading and noticed that not only am I getting p
Lynn
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debated between a 3-4 stars for this book, We are going to see this author at Festival of Books in Tucson so wanted to read her. It was a fast paced interesting read. For a moment wondered if the conflict between two lovers who are also law enforcement would really escalate as it did in book but knowing and reading about police private lives leads mne to believe it certainly could. Found the characters interesting and the plot really kept my interest.
Ana T.
I can't resist a good thriller, especially with a female as the male lead so when I read a review of this one somewhere I decided to pick it up. This is the second book in a series and some readers might feel more comfortable starting at the beginning, it didn't bother me too much though so if you want to read it as standalone I think that's ok.

I did have a problem with the story though. The mystery in itself did not sound very intriguing to me. The author goes on and on about the parents and ab
Marcia
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's some similarity between Ana Grey and Kathy Reichs's Tempe Brennan: both are very bright women who do some very, very stupid things. I find Grey more compelling at this point simply because I've read less of her, and Brennan has been around long enough to become a diluted brand. Grey's choices surprise me; Brennan's choices fall more into the "Don't go after the killer by yourself without police backup YET AGAIN!" variety.

I will say that the Brennan books are purer mystery novels, with a
Julie Ehlers
The long-awaited (by me, anyway) sequel to North of Montana. I remember that book as being more edgy and hard-boiled than most mysteries with female protagonists, and this novel definitely confirmed that. The depiction of the brutal crime and its victim was beautifully written without being exploitative, but I have to say this one was a bit too hard-boiled and edgy--it went over the top at the end. Still really good, and I plan to read the next book in the series.
Linda
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fast-paced crime procedural but with a twist: the crime(s) really aren't the focus of the novel. This story digs into the private lives of the policeman and FBI agent who are looking for the bad guy. Once again, the author's language choices place this high above a run of the mill novel.
Lori
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Finished stronger than the rest of the book but not very good. Have read her before and was disappointed
Maddy
Jun 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2003-reads
RATING: 2.75

Way back in 1994, April Smith introduced a character by the name of Ana Grey in the acclaimed debut novel North of Montana. It's taken her almost 10 years, but Ana is back in Smith's latest work, Good Morning, Killer. She's still an FBI Special Agent, but her life has changed dramatically in the period between the 2 books. The "man" in the first book, Mike Donnato, has gotten married and moved to best friend status.

On the professional front, Ana does well, although sometimes her jud
Ann
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
found it hard to put it down. Ana is the sort of FBI Agent that cares passionately about her work, her relationships and the victims she is out to protect. I wasn't completely surprised at the denoument, but I enjoyed the unfolding of the tale thoroughly. I'll give this one a 9+ for the well developed subplots, two investigations, two sets of relationships and lots of police and FBI procedural details driven by the obsessive nature of Ana who will not rest until she solves the case even if it la ...more
Jen
May 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
In Good Morning Killer, FBI agent Ana Grey is after a child kidnapper/rapist when she and her police officer boyfriend have a fight that ends in her shooting him.

The divergent plots in this book made it a little odd. Neither plot seemed extremely developed and I found myself with a lot of "huh?'s" at the end of the novel. And the whole ordeal with Lindsey seemed to be left hanging as well.

I had conflicting feelings about Ana. At times I loved her character, at times I felt sorry for her and at
Mystery/Thriller ...: Ana Gray Mystery Movie on TNT 12 22 Oct 24, 2011 09:00PM
  • Moody Cow Meditates
  • The White Trilogy (Inspector Brant, #1, #2, #3)
  • Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament
  • Ghosts (87th Precinct, #34)
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Deadly Errors
  • Without a Word (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #8)
  • Fear Itself
  • Camouflage (Nameless Detective, #35)
  • A Darker Justice (Mary Crow, #2)
  • The Legacy
  • Findings (Faye Longchamp, #4)
  • UnCONventional
  • The Threat (Dan Lenson, #9)
  • Girls Rule
  • Tempted in the Night (Night Slayer, #3)
  • The Only Road North: 9,000 Miles of Dirt and Dreams
  • The Lost Witness (Lena Gamble, #2)
Here's the down and dirty: grew up in the Bronx, went to college in Boston, graduate school in California, back to Cambridge to write a first failed novel and learn how the world works by writing ad copy,west to Los Angeles in 1976 for a career writing and producing TV, until the writer's strike of 1988 when I wrote my first novel on spec, North of Montana. Two wonderful grown children and the bes ...more
More about April Smith...

Ana Grey (4 books)