Start by marking “Meddlesome Money (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #13)” as Want to Read:
Meddlesome Money (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #13)

Meddlesome Money

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #13)

Summer in Estes Park is filled with tourists, wildlife, pastries, and scandal…

The Chipmunk Chronicles, the local newspaper, has a new gossip column—and gossip is great for the Cozy Corgi Bookshop and Bakery. Though infuriated by the way people are treated by the column’s author, Winifred Page can’t help wondering about the outrageous revelations. Fred’s grumpy corgi,
Published August 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Meddlesome Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meddlesome Money

Start your review of Meddlesome Money (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #13)
Victoria Smiser
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! An escape to Estes Park this summer. It is the height of the summer tourist season. Groups of families, couples, and children walking and shopping main street and going out to investigate the wildlife. In the midst of this happy summer arrives a new gossip columnist at the daily Chipmunk Chronicles, exposing one by one, the unsuspecting residents of Estes Park to private matters an secrets. When two surprising and even shocking deaths are discovered Fred is added as an official ...more
Nola Arganbright
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Did a little bird tell

This was a tough murder for our bookseller sleuthing to solve. She and officer Susan Green become wary comrades in order to find answers to the recent murders in Estes.
Robin Powers
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Just when I think Fred and Watson couldn’t get more wrapped up in a murder mystery, Meddlesome Money proves me wrong. I loved the twists and my little ol’ heart was beating pretty fast at the end. Fred does manage to find herself in some tight situations. I can’t imagine having her determination to find the truth. I enjoyed hanging out with the Estes gang and finding out more salacious secrets. What is going on in this town? It seems like everyone has something to hide and Fred is going to ...more
Elizabeth A. Southerland
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Cozy Corgi series and will be waiting
patiently for #13!
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Small towns have just as many secrets as the larger ones. This is shown to be true when a gossip columnist at the Chipmunk Chronicles starts airing people’s dirty laundry. Will the secrets revealed lead to murder? Will Fred have to put on her sleuthing cap? We shall see.

I can’t help but feel proud of Fred. She’s come a long ways, and despite her doubts and fears of what she might discover, she pushes on. She has shown so much growth throughout the series. The more she digs, the more secrets come
Betty
So many twists and turns!

I just couldn't figure out how Fred was going to solve this one! And the way the story came together at the end was masterful! Loved it!
Michelle Nelson Lowery
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I was completely taken aback! Never mind the twists and turns. Maybe never underestimate the power of a strong woman. This is my new favorite book. I’m going to try to RE-read it to see where I missed the clues. I never would have guessed who it was!
Grammy 1
Pages: 259
Release date: August 7, 2019
Genre:Murder mystery
Rated: YA and above

Mildred Abbott has changed up her series, and offered us a new look at how a mystery can be written. It has been thru this series , that our sleuth Winifred happens to ‘find’ a body and the story is how she unmasks a killer. In Meddlesome Money, Ms. Abbott has chosen another approach and I found it was a
Kirby Manning
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who to trust???

This was an exciting and different story. I have read all the series in order from the beginning and have enjoyed all of them. Each story is about Winfred Page and her life journey when things happened in her previous career that forced changes. She moved to a small town in Colorado and opened a book store. That's where the stories begin and mysteries are solved. This particular story was full of a lot of surprises however I was not surprised at the demise of the first individual,
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winifred (Fred) and her corgi, Watson are expecting another glorious day at the bookshop/bakery. Instead, they enter into silence... what they find launches the pair into a level of secrets and death.

A gossip has entered Estes Park, CO. Now, there are several individuals, that shall we say, enjoy the art of spreading news of an intimate nature...work situations, romantic situations and more. This gossip no one knows. And, to make matters worse there appears to be a 'hit' list.

The gossip finds
Krystyna
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Have the stories lost their edge?

I must admit that this has been one series that i have followed faithfully but although it was great to catch up with the characters the plot itself was a definite let down. Okay it was well contrived and well executed but the spark that made the others great is missing. Is this the end of the line for this series?
A gossip writer has moved to the town and is now writing in depth pieces on some of the residents. Offering up their skeletons for the world to see.
Sherry Vaughan
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fred and Susan--The Mystery Continues

Once again, Fred is involved in a mystery. An anonymous reporter is writing articles about certain people in town. The articles are not nice but they are truthful. The reporter is killed but, not before some of her articles are published. Then, one of her articles causes an upstanding citizen to commit suicide. Or did he? As Fred tries to solve the mystery, she keeps being sidetracked by thoughts of the Irons family and a possible vendetta against her family.
Terri Nelson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meddlesome Money

Just when I thought that this series couldn't get any better, this author just hit this story out of the park! The plot twists kept the pages turning right to the end. Well developed characters and the pictures painted in my head of the beautiful setting for this series just keeps me wanting more and more. Thank you for such a great read! I look forward to each new story in this series!
Debby
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I have loved this series since book 1 - Cruel Candy … and it never fails to deliver. There is a bookseller who finds herself looking into situations, and yes a murder too, for friends. There is Watson, the most wonderful grump of a Corgi you could ever meet. His favorite word is T-R-E-A-T-S, and he earns them once again. There is the on-going list of friends and townspeople for us to like, love, and maybe even “strongly dislike”. Throw in a dead body, and lots of twists! What you ...more
Nann Tucker
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I so enjoy these mysteries. I love Winifred and Watson her beautiful corgi. The murderer in this book was a complete shock, and I really like that!!! The entire series has great story lines and really lovable characters. At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, I like the absence of bad language and overly sexual content. I think the cozy reader will love this story especially because of the great details, and as I said I really did not expect the ending.
Alice Pehlke
Another comfy cozy from Mildred Abbott

You don’t have to love corgis (but it doesn’t hurt) to enjoy this series. Ms. Abbott weaves a community of quirky characters into each of her books. This latest episode doesn’t disappoint in any way. I want to visit the Cozy Corgi and enjoy some of Katie’s goodies.
Corinne Broxson
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always enjoyable

While I was pretty sure who did it this time I wasn't 100% until the end . I always enjoy reading this series. Not your run of the mill storylines ,which are usually predictable by some authors- this author is one of my favorites - because they aren't like everyone elses's!! Keep up the good work writing !
And I'll wait impatiently for the next book!!
Judith Ann
Crazy Cozy Corgi

I really like the personality of Watson. I believe animals can tell when people need emotional support and are so willing to give it. The rest of the characters in the book are also interesting and make for good reading. There is not bad book in the entire series and I hope there are many more of them to come.
gary c lehn
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series......

I've enjoyed reading this cozy mystery, Meddlesome Money, the bok store owner and her trusted baker friend, are at it again. This time they are trying to figure out what a gospel writer is up to, and who did it............
June Price
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is just out so I won't say much and ruin the story for anyone. I found it a quick, easy read, with just enough mentions of corgi Watson to keep me smiling, and look forward to the next book from Mildred Abbott.
Diane McKenzie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Officer Green, Fred, and Winston are becoming a mystery solving team for dead Estes Park residents along with Leo, Katie, Fred's family, and friends who appreciate Fred's sleuthing style. Katie adds Empanadas to her repertoire of delectable bakery delights.
C.E. DeJoria
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Number 13 in the series

This mystery was one I enjoyed a little more than some in the series. I was surprised by who done it just like our heroine. Looking forward to the next book in the,series.
Jeanne  Brewer
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fred and Watson solve their most difficult case to date

Watch Watson sniff out clues while his human tries to make sense of what has been going on in her small Colorado town. Well-drawn characters in realistic settings. Highly recommended
Barbara Fryer
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I love the development of the characters in this series. This particular book had me intrigued from the beginning. I could not figure out the killer which I really admire in this author. Her clues are not obvious.
Alice Vaughn
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series continues to entertain. The writing is still top notch, Watson is still the one in charge and is adorable. Fred's family is most definitely out there. I can hardly wait for the next one...
Maryruth Drescher
Terrific mysteries

I love the corgi in this series. All of the characters are great and it is so easy to put yourself into the story. The ending always surprise me.
Thanks for a great read
Bernie Jacobs
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the dog and the mystery

Easy reading fun mystery. Characters are good and I love the dog.
The food descriptions are so good I just want to try to make tbem.
Christina young
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cost corgi mysteries

I love this series,have read all of them and can't wait for the next mystery! I hope there are many more mysteries!
John Amory
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mildred, please come back to that gossip list soon. I need to know what everyone's dirty little secrets are.

Also, the latest Hallmark dream casting: Treat Williams for Gerald.
Sherrel
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love this series.
I'm waiting to see how the characters continue to grow. And I feel sure that one day, the Irons Family will be exposed.

• Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner Book 2)
  • Murder at Corgi Country Club (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • Dishing Up Deceit (Little Dog Diner Book 3)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
  • The Halloween Haunting: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 7)
  • The Case of the Whimsical Weimaraner (The Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mysteries Book 24)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Sweet Additions (Sweet Cove Cozy Mystery, #17)
  • The Christmas Clause: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 8)
  • Answers in the Attic (The Inn At Holiday Bay, #4)
  • Brownies and Bloodshed (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery, #19)
  • Celtic Christmas (Zoe Donovan Cozy Mystery, #33)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)