Start by marking “Vijf stappen van jou” as Want to Read:
Vijf stappen van jou

Vijf stappen van jou

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  26,851 ratings  ·  4,178 reviews
Stella Grant houdt ervan om controle te hebben. Om haar taaislijmziekte te beheersen en de mogelijkheid van longtransplantatie te behouden, moet Stella zes stappen afstand houden met alles en iedereen. Het enige waar Will Newman controle over wil hebben, is het verlaten van het ziekenhuis. Binnenkort wordt hij achttien en kan hij alle apparaten loskoppelen en de wereld zie ...more
Published May 14th 2019 by Volt (first published November 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Vijf stappen van jou, please sign up.
Reyna its popular so you should reservive it at your public libary.
Denise Martins The director of the movie pitched both at the same time saying they should do the movie first and then release a book about it. He shared that on IG…moreThe director of the movie pitched both at the same time saying they should do the movie first and then release a book about it. He shared that on IG stories when the book was released. (less)

·  26,851 ratings  ·  4,178 reviews

Zainab
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-ya
I was going to start off by making a joke about the vine reference 'two bros chilling in a hot tub five feet apart 'cause they're not gay' (remember that vine?) but I've thought about it so much it's not funny anymore. But if you do find it funny; thank you, I try.
Anyway, you can read the synopsis anywhere so I won't even bother explaining the story because well, you know, I don't want to. It was cute, this book. Short and sweet with (thankfully) mature characters. I mean not very mature as the
Katharine
[3.5] There’s some disagreement within the CF community about whether or not this book is an accurate depiction of CF. And I think that will depend on who you ask. Each and every person with CF experiences this disease in our own way, from its severity to our symptoms, to how we feel about the disease and its impact on our lives. It would be impossible for one book to represent every one of us.

Stella, Will, and Poe are in what I would call end stage CF, meaning their lungs are at a point that tr
Norma * Traveling Sister
Heartfelt, touching & absorbing!

FIVE FEET APART by RACHAEL LIPPINCOTT was such an endearing, engaging and a sweet Teens & YA novel featuring two teenage main characters, Stella and Will who are both patients in the hospital with Cystic Fibrosis that fall in love. I was totally taken with this story and this tale of these two star-crossed lovers, Stella and Will as they totally consumed my thoughts and my heart.

This book immediately grabbed my attention with that gorgeous cover and I kne
jessica
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i went into this book hoping to get TFIOS vibes. im such a sucker for love stories about two people who demand more from life than what they are given. and although this story does touch on that message, that is surprisingly not why i enjoyed this book.

if anything, i think the story is actually kind of bland. im not a fan of the writing and i didnt feel connected to the characters. its one of those books where you walk away, knowing its missing something that could have made the story truly grea
Azrah
So the movie trailer is out and i'm excited to read this. NOT BECAUSE I'm eager to read yet another book about a teenager(s) with a chronic illness that is also being made into a movie. But because:
A. Cole Sprouse
B. Cole Sprouse
... and because I prefer reading the book first, so that I can criticise the incompetence of adaptation directors XD Need I say more?
(Movie trailer: https://youtu.be/5cJ7MT1RTqs )
_________
27 July, 2018
Neeeeeeeeed to read this book
 photo IMG_201807208_094912_zpsqmleozfx.jpeg
Lola
This was my first romance novel in… months. I couldn’t bring myself to read a story that focused heavily on a boy and a girl falling in love for a long time.

That’s what happens when there is boy drama (and its aftershocks) in my life. I needed to step away from romance and focus on other things or my mind would keep wandering to that one boy with whom I really (mistakenly) believed something might happen.

So I turned to self help books and memoirs for a while. It helped, it really did. But a few
Nick
Feb 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
is this the next the fault in our stars?
Kayla Dawn
Yeah no, I'm not doing this. Nope.

I don't want to give this a rating after not even having read 100 pages but I'm almost 100% sure this would've been a 1 star read.

Oh god, these characters are such obnoxious teenagers. Not as in realistically obnoxious but as in the cliche YA teenager obnoxious.
I disliked each of them within the first few sentences of their first chapter. Might be a new record for me.

Can't really say much about the plot itself because nothing happened lol (which is fair, I on
Larry H
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been said (although the provenance of the quote is questionable) that, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." While this adage holds true in many aspects of my life, in this case it applies to my penchant for reading tearjerkers yet being surprised when I'm sobbing (once again on a plane, no less).

Knowing that I'd probably cry, I still couldn't stay away from Five Feet Apart , even though the movie adaptation is supposed t
Andrea Tome
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
C.G. Drews
I am always super keen to read books with disability rep! I think YA needs way more disability narratives, and this features two teens with cystic fibrosis. It also has a curious origin story because, from what I understand, it was written off the screen play...so the movie came first?! I would like to see the movie still and could totally imagine Will as Cole Sprouse (Jughead vibes lmao) the whole time.

The story: It's sad, but like of course it's going to be. And it's really easy to be investe
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
L A i N E Y
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, contemporary
This book is literally a ‘honey trap’ as we say in clandestine service. Who the hell is ‘we’?? Anywhooo. The movie is coming out next year and they cast Cole Sprouse??

You mean Cole Sprouse?

COLE fucking SPROUSE?

YEP ladies and gentlemen,

it’s COLE SPROUSE.

I wonder why they didn’t name the book Honey Trap Alert and be done with it??

PS. I always have him pegged as Noah fucking Shaw but I guess we’ll have to share now since he’ll be in this...
Emily Cait
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mel (Epic Reading)
I don't normally review books immediately after reading the last page. This gives me an opportunity to think and process what I've read and get my emotions in order. For Five Feet Apart I am breaking that rule as I feel that my emotions are important to why I wasn't a big fan of Rachel Lippincott's teenage romance story. First it's important to know I had a friend with cystic fibrosis...

My Brush with Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
Almost 20 years ago I lost a friend. I was 16 years old at the time. The las
April (Aprilius Maximus)
*2.5 stars*

I had super low expectations going into this, but found myself really enjoying it. I really liked the characters (the side characters were also great) and even though the ending was corny as all hell, I thought it was a solid read.

HOWEVER, (view spoiler)
Erik Fazekas
Nov 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cannot-finish
DNF at 30%
Reading this you realise this was written only to get money from moviegoers, or teenagers that like to read the book first and then see the movie.
The writing is mediocre at best, and the story itself is just a typical YA tearjerker. We as YA readers are so over these types of books. The book has to have more in it then just a novelization of the movie.
Sorry, we are not stupid.
Charlotte May
May 22, 2019 marked it as library-loans  ·  review of another edition
Library copy available for pick up

Is this gonna break me? Probably yeah
Gabby
This book is like Everything Everything meets The Fault In Our Stars because they have to keep their distance and he’s slowly dying but she’s also suffering. The story follows two teens, she has cystic fibrosis and he has B. cepacia

This isn’t usually something I would pick up, I’m not really into young adult anymore, but the publishers sent me this book and I thought why not? It looks short and sweet? And it was short and sweet. It’s a really quick read. This book was real cute and gave me all t
Kylie Amber
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me laughing, smiling , and crying all at the same time
Emer
Warning
Unmarked spoiler ahead.

Oh I don't know about this... I know this book was written with input from the CF (Cystic Fibrosis) community but wow did this feel sanitised. I don't have CF but I've grown up in and out of hospitals and the hospital setting in this felt entirely romanticised and lacking in believability. Even the illness and infection aspects of these characters seemed so bland. Where was the hacking up mucous? The fatigue? So many times it's stated that these characters "sprinted
Michelle
DNF

I tried, I really did. This is just not my type of book. I knew that before I even cracked the cover but since someone lent it to me (without my asking) I felt I had to at least try. Sick teenagers and insta-love just aren't my thing apparently. Not to mention I found both of the main characters annoying, especially Stella. Will I watch the movie? No.

No rating, not to be included in 2019 book challenge.
Aqsa
Just watched Five Feet Apart (2019) and I loved it. I loved it so much! I might not have seen it today if not for Christine. Thank you so much for recommending it! It was really beautiful. I knew it'll break my heart when I just five minutes in. But it wasn't that sad as it was beautiful. I loved every message it delivered, and I loved the characters. I needed more of the ending. I needed so much more, and so I'm definitely reading the book. I cannot not read it.

Highly recommend the movie.
Gillian
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pretty-covers
I’m sorry, but did someone put a spell on me and made my heart into a stone while reading this book because it’s incapable of feeling any emotions aside from exasperation?

It's such a bummer that this book has one of the prettiest covers I've ever seen, yet it has the MOST CRAPPY AND CLICHÉ PLOT ever! Don't even get me started with these bidimensional characters (they're more bland than water, trust me). I could go on for days ranting about the things that went wrong in this book but it's such a
Maria Espadinha
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Conquers All (?!)

Is it possible to fall in love, whilst suffering from a terminal disease?

Is it possible to love someone deeply, without any sort of physical contact?

Will love be strong enough to survive against all odds?

It’s these kind of questions (and answers?!) that this particular story throws into the air, and it’s up to us, grab them or not 😉
Moreover, this book’s premise is grounded on someone’s real life troubles — interesting enough problems, to inspire a rather special reading:

ht
Eryn
2 / 5 ~

I’m convinced this was written for children but advertised as Young Adult because it would make more profit or something (or maybe I have no idea what I’m talking about?), because the writing in Five Feet Apart is not good. There are too many exclamation marks, the story feels awkward, nothing flows, which are only a few reasons why I couldn’t finish this.

From the start, I had this sneaking suspicion I wasn’t going to like this. After all, a good friend of mine read this and said: “It wa
Kelly Brigid ♡
Here's a link to the trailer! ♡
“Every place is different. Every place is unique. It’s the hospitals I’m seeing them from that are the same.”

As a whole, this novel doesn’t suffer from any critical faults. It’s a solid story, with a sweet romance, and brings about great awareness for CF. With that being said, I was unable to connect any strong feelings or emotions with the characters, and felt that they lack depth. Perhaps it’s because I can’t help but compare every contemporary about teens wi
Beth
2.5 Stars

I don’t know what it is about me reading these types of books, but it was just okay for me?

I can’t talk about the rep in this, but I dunno... I’ll think more about this and add some more thoughts later, maybe?

I think i know what it is. It's got the same type of motto like Everything, Everything and I didn't like that either...
Ana
This is a novelization of Mikki Daughtry & Tobias Iaconis’s script for the 2019 movie and not the other way around.

As a contemporary YA story, Five Feet Apart does a couple of my least favourite things when it comes to representing chronic illness and including LGBT characters (view spoiler) Also, the romance doesn’t set a realisti
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Taking a chance on an author and a subject that you know little to nothing about, is always a risk and in some cases, its a chance, a risk, worth taking.

As is the case with Five Feet Apart. Beautifully written, heartfelt, emotional, and a read that will stick with you until the very end, Five Feet Apart is a novel that grabs you around the heart and refuses to let go.

So wonderfully told and executed it's a book that I won't be forgetting for a long time to come.

Poignant, emotional, in

• Connectivity
  • Paper Girl
  • Pretty in Punxsutawney
  • A Taxonomy of Love
Rachael Lippincott was born in Philadelphia and raised in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She holds a BA in English writing from the University of Pittsburgh. She currently resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, splitting her time between writing and running a food truck with her partner.
“How long will I live my life afraid of what-ifs?” 68 likes