Start by marking “The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware #35)” as Want to Read:
The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware #35)

The Museum of Desire

(Alex Delaware #35)

Psychologist Alex Delaware and detective Milo Sturgis struggle to make sense of a seemingly inexplicable massacre in this electrifying psychological thriller from the #1 New York Timesbestselling master of suspense.

LAPD Lieutenant Milo Sturgis has solved a lot of murder cases. On many of them--the ones he calls "different"--he taps the brain of brilliant psychologist Dr.
Published February 4th 2020 by Ballantine Books

Start your review of The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware #35)
Kaceey
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
3.5*
This is one of the longest running series in my reading arsenal. This being book #35 in the Alex Delaware series.

Though he may have gotten older, he certainly hasn’t grown fond of change. Alex remains firm in the same home on the outskirts of Los Angeles with his long-time girlfriend Robin. Come on, Alex…Put a ring on it already!
His best friend and confidant is LAPD Lieutenant Milo Sturgis who continues to raid Alex’s fridge for any leftovers he can find!

The characters? I just adore them!
PamG
1/21/2020 Update: It is now 2 weeks prior to publication and I can now post my review here.

THE MUSEUM OF DESIRE by Jonathan Kellerman is the 35th book in the Alex Delaware series. This is a favorite series of mine and this installment did not let me down.

Los Angeles Police Lieutenant and psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware team up again when four people are found dead and strangely displayed in car at a vacant mansion in Bel Air. Multiple causes of death and a lot of twists, turns and blind alleys
Barbara

In this 35th book in the 'Alex Delaware' series, the psychologist helps his friend, Lieutenant Milo Sturgis, investigate an odd set of murders. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

Two days after a party at an uninhabited Bel Air mansion that's rented out for 'events', a cleaner makes his way up the drive to scrub down the property. The cleaner is surprised to see a white stretch Town Car parked near the house, and optimistically thinks there might be something to steal
Diana

Full review now posted.

Museum of Desire is the 35th Alex Delaware novel by Jonathan Kellerman. I have read most of the series, and as usual, this one sucked me in from the beginning.

Forensic Psychologist Alex Delaware is once again is called to a horrific homicide scene by his best friend Lt. Milo Sturgis. Four victims with nothing in common from different walks of life. Alex and Milo are pushed to their limits trying to figure out who would commit such a horrific crime. They
Luvtoread
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful Detective Series!

Dr. Alex Delaware and lieutenant Milo Sturgis are a duo and a force not to be reckoned with in sunny Los Angeles, California. They are the best of friends as well as working together to solve the most unthinkable of crimes. Alex is currently in private practice as a psychiatrist working mostly with children and custody cases although he is always ready, willing and able to dive into any case where Milo may need his expertise. Milo is a hands on detective and refuses to
Bridgett
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I've never read a bad Alex Delaware novel.

Jonathan Kellerman has always written wonderfully real, vaguely lovable, characters (Milo, anyone?). His plots are creative and tightly woven...not a plot hole to be found, and he's another author who isn't afraid to "go there." The Museum of Desire definitely delves into some serious depravity and gore.

Having said that, I do have a few critiques. After 35 books (and yes, I've read them all), I am finding myself a bit tired of reading about Robin
Judy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is number 35 in the series, but for me it is the first Jonathan Kellerman book I have read as well as the first Alex Delaware story, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Alex Delaware is a brilliant psychologist and he is assisting Milo Sturgis, an LAPD detective (lieutenant actually), in a grisly murder investigation involving four victims. It's a very strange murder as the bodies are staged in a bizarre display in a limousine outside a deserted mansion. None of the victims seem ...more
Monnie
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so my request at NetGalley to read an advance copy of this book was approved. Big whoop. Now I'm finished. Another big whoop!

That first one, which was a literal shout-out that roused my husband from his recliner, came becauseI've been a fan of this series right from the start; I don't recall missing a single one, so of course I was excited. The second shout-out (prior to which I gave my long-suffering hubby a heads-up) came because, like the others, this one is very good. Main characters
Christi M
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, thriller
The detective and psychologist duo of Lieutenant Milo Sturgis and Dr. Alex Delaware team up again to investigate a disturbing crime scene where the victims are unrelated and feel random and yet everyone knows they are not.

Thoughts:
The Museum of Desire starts off with an after-party house cleaner discovering the gruesome murders of four individuals in a car out front of the mansion he has been assigned to clean. The crime scene has a very distinctive manner about it so Dr. Alex Delaware is
Jeff Dickison
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
An excellent Alex Delaware novel. I would rate it 4.5 stars if I could. Alex and Milo are involved in a murder investigation of 3 passengers and the driver of a limousine at an abandoned mansion. Well done, plenty of plot changes, and a group of unsavory bad guys. Highly recommended.
3.5 stars. This is a series I've dipped in and out of, but haven't read in quite a few years. But it was good to be back with Alex and Milo! For anyone who still isn't familiar with this long running series, it's a pretty standard police procedural with the added element of Alex being a psychologist who consults for the LAPD, and any of them can be read as standalones.

I really enjoyed this one, which starts with the murder of four seemingly unconnected victims, staged in a gruesome scene in a
Elaine
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle ARC of The Museum of Desire.

I've been a faithful reader of the Alex Delaware series for many years so I was excited when my request was approved.

I always look forward to reading about Alex and Milo's adventures and this next installment was another example of Mr. Kellerman's fine writing.

When Alex is called in to investigate Milo's next strange case involving four victims of differing backgrounds, the duo eventually discover a trail that leads back to revenge,
3 no 7
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The Museum of Desire” opens as a maintenance worker trudges uphill to clean up after a fancy event at a notorious LA party house. He finds something he will not be able to clean up, something utterly horrible. What follows is not the story of the crime but a story of the victims and the search for justice for them.

Dr. Alexander Delaware is a consultant who assists with difficult cases when needed. This case is not only difficult, but also downright strange. The victims are posed, almost like a
Dez Nemec
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
"I get in because it's bad and strange."

I have read most of Kellerman's Dr. Alex Delaware series. I adore Milo, the gay overweight LT that brings Alex in on his weird cases. And this one is truly weird - 4 people murdered in a limo, sitting in a pool of blood that doesn't appear to be there own.

A stretch Lincoln Town Car is found behind a Beverly Hills party house, complete with dead chauffeur and 3 dead occupants. The chauffeur is exactly who he looks to be - the man that owns the car and runs
Chris Conley
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy mackerel!! Jonathan Kellerman creates some of the most insanely perverted crimes ever written. Then he turns Milo and Alex loose on the mystery and they solve them. This one is no exception and an astonishing read!!
Anne
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read and loved all of Kellerman's books and this one did not disappoint! Four bodies are found after a party, victims of a gruesome murder that's even more confounding as none of them apparently knew each other and they've been "posed" in an oddly graphic scenario. Of course Milo and Alex are all over it, interviewing friends, family, and anyone who can give them clues as to motive. So many red herrings, twists and turns...if you like Kellerman's novels you know what I mean! And you also ...more
Jim
The Museum of Desire is the 35th book in the long running Alex Delaware series. Alex is a child psychologist first introduced in When the Bough Breaks. In that story he meets homicide Detective Milo Sturgis and assists the police where the only witness is a seven year old girl. With that story, and some of the other earlier works, he was a refreshing protagonist. In the later stories his role appears to be hanger on. Milo calls Alex anytime there is a strange murder case. Which in L.A. is often. ...more
D.K. Hundt
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
‘Lieutenant Milo Sturgis has solved a lot of murder cases. On many of them—the ones he calls “different”—he taps the brain of brilliant psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware. But neither Alex nor Milo are prepared for what they find on an early morning call to a deserted mansion in Bel Air. This one’s beyond different...’

One of my favorites parts about reading books in a series is watching the character development throughout each book, and I like the rapport between Dr. Alex Delaware and Detective
Brad
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Museum of Desire is the 35th Alex Delaware from Jonathan Kellerman.

"Milo Sturgis only calls psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware for murder cases that are "different" And this may be one of the worst they've seen. Four people are found dead in a limo at a party house. It looks like they were posed. Everyone at the crime scene is horrified at what they see. During the investigation another couple disappears and then a suspect disappears...And Sturgis and Delaware are desperate to find a killer..."

Mark
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've only missed a few of the 35 Dr. Delaware/Lt. Milo Sturgis series and have the luxury of filling in the wait for number 36 of these standard police procedurals that also have the added elements of Alex's consults for the LAPD...So, life is good!...In this one, four bodies are found in a limousine at a party venue...The victims of this gruesome murder are totally unrelated to each other and they've been "posed" in an oddly graphic scenario...A real poser for our duo...Of course our heroes win ...more
Leslie M.
I've read many of the books in this series, and I have to say that this installment wasn't one of my favorites. I had a hard time staying engaged, as there were a number of lulls in the story line. It started out strong, but things started to fall apart midway through the book.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I wasn't required to leave a positive review.
Chasidy Kaye Jones
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group-Ballantine Books for the ARC in exchange of an honest review.
I love all the books by this author. Never get let down with Jonathan Kellerman.
Diane Saul
I have been reading Kellerman for years and his books are usually a solid read. This was not my favorite. The writing was good as usual and it had an interesting story. Maybe it’s just me but there were so many characters I got confused trying to keep them straight. I considered giving it a 2* review. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
Melanie Johnson
Milo and Alex are called out to a murder scene where they find four people dead in a stretch limo. One is a good looking man, one is an older woman and the other is a young man. The driver of the limo is also dead; however, they weren’t killed at the scene, they were placed there - almost like a scene in a movie. Why did these 4 people with nothing in common get murdered? Of course, Milo and Alex are going to figure it out.
I enjoyed this one (actually much better than Kellerman’s last book, The
Chrissie
Dec 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-challenge
PopSugar 2020 - Series with more than 20 books
Kathy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LAPD Lieutenant Milo Sturgis and psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware team up to solve murders all the time, but this latest crime baffles them. Seemingly unrelated bodies posed in a stretch limo outside of a deserted mansion challenges them on a whole new level. The unoccupied mansion is rented out for parties and the limo is discovered in the morning when the cleaner shows up to clear it of debris from the latest underage party.

This latest psychological thriller is fantastic and captivating. I have
Casey Wheeler
This is the 35th in the Alex Delaware series by the author and the first one that I have read (my wife has read them all). It features his partnership with Milo Sturgis of the Los Angeles Police Department Homicide squad. While enough is revealed to make this a stand alone novel, I recommend going back to the beginning and reading all of the books for a fuller understanding of the characters (something I plan on doing when I retire). It is an engaging and fast paced book.

I have also posted my
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
The Alex Delaware books by Jonathan Kellerman have been a longtime favorite of mine. There is a dependable line of familiarity that connects the individual novels in the series, namely the odd-couple friendship between Alex, the child psychologist, and LAPD Lieutenant Milo Sturgis. I look forward to the scene in each book where Milo, a bear of a man in stature, comes into Alex’s home and paws through his refrigerator while a bemused Alex looks on.

It is easy to forget that in WHEN THE BOUGH
Kath
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 35 of a series that just keeps on delivering! Whether like me you've been with this series from the beginning, or if you've dipped in and out, you know what you are expecting from a new book and that is exactly what you get from this one; Milo and Alex at their very best. With Robin and Blanche assisting along the way, although we don't hear much from Rick in this one.
The case they are tasked with is an absolute doozy! Four people dead in a limo. Four initially unconnected people, killed in
HollyLovesBooks
The Museum of Desire is Jonathan Kellerman's 35th novel centered around the duo of Alex Delaware and Milo Sturgis. Alex is a psychologist who is periodically called into the LAPD to assist with challenging cases being investigated by his good friend Lieutenant Milo Sturgis. They now have a broader team that has grown over the years. Diving into an Alex Delaware book is like returning to friends that you haven't seen in awhile but who always treat you like they just saw you yesterday. Not ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • All the Best Lies (Ellery Hathaway #3)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • The Dilemma
  • Saint X
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Mixed Doubles
  • The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)
  • The Night Swim
  • The Other People
  • Good Girls Lie
  • Moral Compass
  • Unfollow Me
  • The Stranger's Wife
  • The Look-Alike
  • Beating About the Bush (Agatha Raisin, #30)
  • The Wives
Jonathan Kellerman was born in New York City in 1949 and grew up in Los Angeles. He helped work his way through UCLA as an editorial cartoonist, columnist, editor and freelance musician. As a senior, at the age of 22, he won a Samuel Goldwyn Writing Award for fiction.

Like his fictional protagonist, Alex Delaware, Jonathan received at Ph.D. in psychology at the age of 24, with a specialty in the

Alex Delaware (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware, #1)
  • Blood Test (Alex Delaware, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Alex Delaware, #3)
  • Silent Partner (Alex Delaware, #4)
  • Time Bomb (Alex Delaware, #5)
  • Private Eyes (Alex Delaware, #6)
  • Devil's Waltz (Alex Delaware, #7)
  • Bad Love (Alex Delaware, #8)
  • Self-Defense (Alex Delaware, #9)
  • The Web (Alex Delaware, #10)