Start by marking “Soul Dark: Chosen (Soul Dark #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Dark: Chosen  (Soul Dark #1)

Soul Dark: Chosen (Soul Dark #1)

Lukas Reid is a good-natured 16-year-old farm kid. He loves his little brother and his parents, and he does okay in school. But he has issues. He can’t understand why the neighbor girl looks at him that way, or the way it makes him feel. He sees visions of places far and near, in the now and in the past. And in his free time, he practices magic—gifts handed over for 10,000 ...more
Published April 12th 2019 by Reedy & Wade

To ask other readers questions about Soul Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Dark

Start your review of Soul Dark: Chosen (Soul Dark #1)
Amy Aislin
While I really enjoyed this dark paranormal fantasy from E.L. Reedy and A.M. Wade, it was a difficult read for me for two reasons.

First, our narrator is from the future, so the overall story is told from a sort of omniscient point of view as our narrator explains past events. This means that we know bad shit is going to happen before it happens, and even though I knew it was coming and was prepared (at least, I thought I was), it was still extremely difficult to read about everything
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great start to this series. This is a tightly woven story with intriguing characters, and an emotional rollercoaster ride. There is a lot of setting up that occurs at the beginning so it took a little while for me to get into the story. It was worth the wait.
Literary
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lukas is unlike any other boy. Not a boy but not yet a man, Lukas has been hit with more loss, more trauma, and more inexplicable realizations than most adults experience in their lifetimes. When his grandmother takes him under her wing and begins to train him, Lukas is inundated by her pleas to not forsake the Goddess. Lukas, overcome with the pain of the loss of his parents, the tragic eradication of almost everyone else he loves, and left alone in the world with a new acquaintance, turns his ...more
Britt
Well, this book certainly was dark! And it certainly was a battle of epic proportions.
Soul Dark: Chosen is an epic coming-of-age tale about our main character, Lukas, who deals with not-so-typical teenage angst and battling demons all at the same time. The backstory in this novel and the build-up with Lukas’s parents and grandparents does a great job of setting the scene, and certainly gives our main character a thirst for revenge.
There was a bit of this particular read that I did fi
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Lukas has lost so much in his teenage life. Lukas, his little brother Elliot and their mom and dad were in an accident, Lukas and Elliot were the only ones to make it out alive. They are sent to live with their grandparents.

Lukas grandmother takes him under her wing and teaches him about the Goddess and about the war that is coming. War is coming between the Goddess and a Demon King, a war that could destroy mankind.

After losing the rest of his family Lukas runs off to train with Theo who teac
Haylee James
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I love this story, its very detailed and the characters are so realistic that they come to life. Lukas has so much taken from him that its tearing down his beliefs and making him push away from everyone who is close to him. This book has alittle bit of everything paranormal creatures, tragic moments, and even action. It's an amazing story that everyone should read.
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soul Dark: Chosen by E. L. Reedy is a wonderful story to read. This is wonderful story writen by an author I never read till this story. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Patricia
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lukas is having a crisis of father after his parents die and his brother is killed . His faith is shaken to its core. But there is war coming between Lukas's Goddess and a very ancient Demon lord . Lukas must learn to weild his power to help save his friends and the earth . He must over come his doubts and fears and let the power of the Goddess of light work through him to save the world .
This is a book you want to invest some time and settle down and read . The characters are well written an
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soul Dark Chosen is the quintessential story of good versus evil, heaven and hell, light against the darkness. Demons, goddessess, druids, a fantasy world set in modern times. This book will knock your socks off and you will need to read with an open mind because the beginning takes a long time to come to fruition and make sense. Don't give up to soon it is so worth the journey. Loukas and his friends must save the world from destruction and they do their best to bring it into the light. The end ...more
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
An interesting story, and I look forward to reading more in the series. Well written, and a must read for modern fantasy readers.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
An interesting tale of magic, mayhem, goddesses and demons. I enjoyed the overall story. It took awhile for me to get into the story but overall it was a good start to this new series.
Monica
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The title is exactly what this was. Sometimes titles of books dont make a lot of sense but this one did. Its a darker story. Its not daisies and the MC Lukas goes through a lot. I did enjoy the writing and I've read this author before. I think if anything I didnt particularly like is the type of narration. It was a little bit weird for me and confusing. Its told from a future standpoint so when he's speaking about events they happened already. I dunno it was just strange for me but it could be j ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
As a 16 year old teenager, Lukas should be concentrating on school, crushes, arguments with parents, and hanging out with friends. You know, the normal things for a teenage kid. However, for Lukas his life is the farthest thing from a normal kids. Having lost his parents and his brother he's suffered more loss than any kid should, and now he's being trained for a coming war between the Goddess and the Demon Lord. With Sabine at his side he will have to fight to prevent the war with demons and th ...more
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's hard enough being a teenager but loosing your parents in a car wreck doesn't help. Lukas and his little brother are sent to his grandparents. There he learns many things about what his grandmother calls the Goddess but he also learns about the day that there will be a war between the Goddess and the Demon King. What will Lukas do, how is he involved in this war , who does he fight for, and what will happen next? Dear Reader, be prepared to ride a roller coaster of emotions from the good and ...more
Bonni Jackson
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good book if you enjoy otherworldly dark fantasy stories. It was a bit slow going at first, but definitely picked up once the character builds and backstory took shape. I felt at times too many run on sentences marred the reading experience, but overall I enjoyed it.
Mona williams
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was book one in this series and i really liked it! he loses his parents first than others he loves. now hes on the war path. than war starts and he doesnt know who is good and who is evil.
Lori Hammons
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lukas goes through hell personally and then all hell breaks loose around him, literally. This story is very intriguing. I spent the whole book trying to figure out who was telling the story.
Samantha Lundergn
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this one to very interesting. The plot kept me interested until the end and there was no real cliffhanger which is a bonus to me. It was a little to dark for me but overall I liked it.
Amy
Apr 25, 2019
Amanda
May 05, 2019
Melissa Cheresnick
Jul 08, 2019
E.L. Reedy
Mar 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ellie W
Jodi Hunter

• Frozen Pact : Paranormal thriller
  • Breathe Me To Life
  • Willow's Chaos: Jackson Investigative Services
  • ImpossiBella (Flip-Flopped Fairy Tales)
  • Hell Fire (Academy's Rise Trilogy #1)
  • Brunch with An Angel
  • Shifter Shorts
  • Alpha Challenge (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #10)
  • Coven's End: Kane (Coven's End, #1)
  • How to save the dragon: Children’s book for teaching impulse control (what to do when your temper flares | anger management books for kids) (Growing Up & Facts of Life) Ages 3 to 5 Emotions Feelings
  • The Hall of the Dragonei King
  • Bloodline Revelations
  • Veiled
  • Let the Shadows Fall
  • H.E.A.R.T. Flights: Liftoff (Heartland Emergency Air Regional Transport Book 1)
  • Strigoi Redemption
  • A Raven's Touch (A Raven Wing Series 1)
  • Hearts Ignite in the Desert