Start by marking “Freighter Flights” as Want to Read:
Freighter Flights

Freighter Flights (Freighter Flights #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Will is the hot shot pilot and second in command on the Arillia, a pretty little cargo ship making runs just this side of legal. When they lose their engineer, Will goes on the hunt in spacedock for a new one. What he finds is Tab, a gruff, scarred man who can get the job done. For Tab, the Arillia is a job, a good one at that, and if the pilot makes him growl and want mor ...more
Published September 2006 by Torquere Press Inc. (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Freighter Flights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freighter Flights

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

Oh um..this book surprised me. It's a Drew Zachary story, so I knew there would be a lot of sex. I also knew it would be steamy and a little kinky. No surprises there, but there was some real serious issues in this book. (view spoiler). It was dealt with well, I though and made Tab more likeable with how he dealt with the aftermath.
The beginning is a little difficult Tab and Will are snipping, arguing, fighting and provoking e
Sofia
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi

Beneath the sexfest there is the subtle world building, the banter, the care which I also liked.
Lily
Hot-shot pilot Will is sent out by the Captain of the spaceship Arillia to find an engineer for their ship. When he meets Tab and hires him neither of them has an idea of the adventures that await them. Will is a young man who has been mistreated and sexually abused and those experiences have affected him deeply. Tab is a mature strong-willed man and while they are almost immediately attracted to each other they are like oil and water, and are continually butting heads. Their conflicts continue ...more
Elizabeth H.
Just enough plot to connect the sex scenes, enough characterization so I know the characters, and of course Zachary's trademark sizzling sex. I have a big soft spot for Zachary stories, though not all will work for me, and I definitely enjoyed Frighter Flights. I've already bought the sequel and will read it soon.
Elisa Rolle
Will is the pilot of Arillia and she is his baby, and she needs a good doctor, someone who is willing to join them. He finds Tab, a big man with great skills in his hands both for a mechanical engine than a human body. And now the only body he wants to play with his Will's.

Will and Tab have strong will and no one of them wants to leave the command, but, this time Tab will understand that say the "no" word could win him the way to Will's body and trough that to his heart.

Will has a past of no g
ElaineY
Sep 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
Story was okay and everything started out great. Looked like the typical sci-fi romance I enjoy so I don't quite know how it went downhill but it did for me when Will, the sexy pilot, turned into a girly character. Tab, the engineer Will hired on, was alright but even he lost his attractiveness because I couldn't get past his attraction for Will which was superficial, to say the least.

The MM romances that I like always have that emotional intensity as well as tension between the protagonists. In
Kay
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Drew Zachary has a knack for creating amazing characters who in their struggles to survive are able to find goodness in others. Though Tab and Will both have emotional issues to work through, they need each other to find the love and be whole again. The sex is graphic and definitely male / male, and there are a couple of very rough scenes, but these all add to the depth of these men and give us an understanding of where these two are emotionally. If you enjoy gay erotica, you'll enjoy this one.
Lexi Ander
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
OGM! This was smokin' hot! I loved the fighting between Tam, our engineer and Will, our flyboy. The stubborn pride, every little thing setting their teeth on edge. I enjoyed watching them fumble towards a relationship, figuring things out the hard way sometimes. Add in getting chased by pirates and getting drunk at port...made me a happy girl. I am soooo looking forward to reading book two.
Alina
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just love Zachary Drew's characters. Period!
I have a soft spot for age-gap and I loved how protective Tab was. And Will's also a tough guy if maybe a little cranky sometimes xD
And sex is smokin' as always!
S.K.
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hot, incredibly witty and a fantastic story - everything you could ask for from a book, and even better a sequel to read next!! All I've come to expect from Drew Zachary, this story was just brilliant.
SheReadsALot
Torquere's Book-A-Day Giveaway is happening NOW! Freighter Flights by Drew Zachary is FREE until 3 a.m. CST - 9/24/13! http://ow.ly/nXRFW
Joyfully Jay
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

So I love a good enemies to lovers story and Drew Zachary definitely gives us two men who are at odds with each other right from the start. Neither really means to, but somehow they are constantly setting each other off. There is a grudging respect for the other’s skills, but their tempers just flare when they are together. So I enjoyed seeing these guys progress over the course of the book, to soften and stop taking such easy offense, and to slowly come to really
Anna
I've had this for a while but haven't felt up to reading it. I didn't like On Fire and have stayed clear of Drew Zachary ever since but I needed a spaceman for my whips and kisses challenge and since I already had this I thought what a heck, gotta read it sometime. I really liked it! I loved both Will and Tab and how they acted. I loved how Tab cared for Will and wanted to treat him right. And this is not good, I have soo much to read but now I've got to check out what else Zachary has written.
Mara Ismine
I enjoyed this pure sci-fi novel. Tab and Will are one of the most awkward couples that I have read about. They aren't in touch with their feelings at all, if they can possibly avoid it. They are touchy, prickly and bad tempered. They can't have a conversation without arguing. And the l-word should only apply to a good brew or top-of-the-range meal. Despite all that they do manage to build a relationship that fits them well.

I'm looking forward to Flying High
Omega696
One cranky mechanic plus one equaly cranky pilot makes a romance full of fun. I loved all the headbutting they indulged in. Overall it was a funny and sweet love story. It didn't dwell on angsty bits, all bad things that happened were mostly left to imagination.
leigh
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun and sexy space romp featuring an oil-and-water pairing. The MCs’ reluctance to trust each other became a bit exasperating, but the “fight, fight, fuck” progress of their friendship was readably entertaining.
Kat
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
MountainKat
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
*2.5 Stars*

I'm not sure what to make of this book. It was hot, but the story felt incomplete.
Tara
Sep 26, 2017
Tiferet
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Off World (Off World, #1)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Outcast Mine
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Gravitational Attraction
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • Merge (Converge #2)
  • Scarred
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia #1)
  • Kidnapped (The Infinitum Government, #1)
  • Wishbone
  • A Policy of Lies
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Far from Home
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Where Willows Won't Grow
  • All Wrapped Up
Drew Zachary is the pen-name of co-authors Chris Owen and Vic Winter.

"Born in the wilds of Canada, Drew grew up with an axe in one hand and a book in the other. Drew's love of writing is outshone only by his love of men. Lucky for him, he can combine the two.

From his father, Drew learned how to wield that axe, fix a carburetor and bake a mean can of beans using fire, gas or electricity. From his m
More about Drew Zachary

Freighter Flights (2 books)
  • Flying High (Freighter Flights, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Axe and the Throne (Bounds of Redemption, #1)
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy #1)