Start by marking “Martyrs (Brave Hearts Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Martyrs (Brave Hearts Book 2)

Martyrs

(Brave Hearts)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Father Sebastian Rale was a little-known Jesuit missionary who lived among the Wabanaki people from 1689-1724. In this riveting story, readers travel into the Maine wilderness and witness the heart of a true martyr for the Faith. Like St. Isaac Jogues, Father Sebastian Rale was a heroic missionary to the New World.

Martyrs is an unforgettable story of courage, faith, and
Published May 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Martyrs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martyrs

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Steven R. McEvoy
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the third book by Kathryn that I have read in as many weeks. I bought this book and one other before even finishing Perilous Days, book 1 in the Brave Hearts series. I did not even read the description before purchasing it, so I was honestly a little surprised when the setting was not WWII. For this book takes place almost 250 years before the events of World War II. But my shock at the jump back in time did not impact how excellent a read this book was. This story takes us back in time ...more
Barb
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This historical novel tells the story of Fr. Sebastian Rale, a missionary priest in New England during the late 15th and early 16th centuries. It is a window into a time and place not treated in detail in the history books, and into a real-life missionary whose love for the Lord and conviction about his mission will inspire the reader.
One caveat: this book does contain graphic scenes of war, torture, and martyrdom. It is not for the sensitive reader. It's labeled for ages 10 to 14, but I'd recom
Ramón S.
marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2019
Kathryn is a professed Secular Franciscan with a Master’s degree from Boston College. Her passions are her family, reading, and writing for young readers.

Brave Hearts (2 books)
  • Perilous Days (Brave Hearts Book 1)