Start by marking “Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)

Lingerie Wars

(Invertary #1)

Englishman Lake Benson loaned his life savings to his dippy sister so that she could buy a shop. It was a big mistake. His sister has been steadily flushing his money down the drain – and now he wants it back. Years in the special forces taught Lake that if you want a job done, do it yourself. So he steps in to make the shop profitable, sell it and get his money back. The ...more
Paperback
Published by Janet Elizabeth Henderson (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lingerie Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lingerie Wars

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of quirky, small town characters like in Gilmore Girls & Hart of Dixie TV shows
Recommended to Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) by: Badass Babes Buddy Read With Too Many Badass Babes To List (links to their reviews included in review)
ASK BETTY: The Evil, Old Lady From Lingerie Wars.

description

The 86 year-old former owner of Betty’s Knickers Emporium— one of the two shops battling for control of the lingerie market in Invertary, Scotland— is here to answer all your questions about lingerie, war, and romance.

Q: Dear Evil Betty,

I kind of own a lingerie shop in Scotland, but my controlling brother/financier wants me to start showing a profit. Which is dumb, because money isn’t important. I tried telling him my ideas about environmentally
Karla

4.5 Delightfully Zany Stars! Most fun I’ve had in a long time! I laughed, snorted and snickered my way through this book and I can’t get this shit-ass grin off my face!
 photo thumbnailaspx_zps94ec6992.jpg
This is an incredibly sweet, yet sensual read, about two strong-willed people, Lake and Kirsty, who want their lingerie shops to succeed for entirely different reasons. Their competitive natures bring about loads of wacky fun, when the whole town gets involved to see who will reign supreme in the underwear war!

Lake and Kirsty’s
Jill
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lake Benson's midlife crisis lasted exactly twenty-four hours. In that time he quit his career with the army and bought a lingerie shop.

Well to be exact Lake bought a lingerie shop for his younger sister, Rainne to manage, but she hasn't been able to make a go of it so far. Hoping to recoup his investment, Lake steps in to help his sister. Three months he figures he can set aside to bring the business into the black, and then he can do what he wants and start his own security firm.

Kirsty Campbel
Deborah
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a Badass Babes Badass Buddy Read which I'd saved for my holiday.
I read nearly 70% of it on the flight over and I laughed, chuckled and smiled my way through the entire journey to the extend the lady across the aisle asked what I was reading.
This has been on my to-read list since I downloaded it back in 2015 (my to-read list is huge and almost never ending) so I was excited to finally be getting started.

Lake Benson has quit his career with the army to find the life savings he lent his si
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance
3.5 Lacey, Tartan, Sarcastic , Enjoyable Stars * * * 1/2
~~~~ UPDATE FREE ON AMAZON NOW ~~~~

Lingerie Wars was a delightful treat. This tart tale had everything going for it; an interesting location, community flavor with quirky yet fun supporting characters and the main focus on two likeable leads.

The blurb tells the tale and I just want to say...
Mr. Double OH Orgasm was a fantastic hero. He was suave, manly, sarcastic and yummy.
Our gal had been through the wringer but had bounced back. It took
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

A great start to what promises to be an awesome series!

Lingerie Wars is the first book in Janet Elizabeth Henderson’s Invertary series. It’s poignant, sexy, romantic, and at times, laugh out loud funny!

The Story:

Kirsty Campbell is struggling to find her way in life after a car accident brings her career as a lingerie model to an end. She’s returned to her hometown of Invertary, Scotland, and is trying to get her lingerie sales business up and running. It’s a slow go, though, mostly because Kirs
Ian
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of R.L. Mathewson & Janet Evanovich
Recommended to Ian by: Jill
Since the Dawn of Hollywood just about every nation has tried to conquer Scotland. The Australians made an attempt, the Irish had a go, the English have tried a few times....even the Spanish thought they would give it a shot! But all failed and do you want to know why? Well, let me just say a Google search of "erotic kilt" does not lead me to very attractive women in tartan. (WARNING!!! Do not! I repeat, Do not type "Erotic Kilt" into Google) you have been warned

description

Former soldier, Lake Benson has b
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
★★★★★Lingerie Wars(Invertary, Book 1) by Janet Elizabeth Henson

I was given this book as an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sorry, folks, but I'm not given ya, any really goodies, since this book is not due out, til mid June, 2013. I read The Davina Code by Janet Elizabeth Henderson, by Miss Janet, and laughed my ass off. So, when I was asked, I was completely onboard.

Lingerie Wars takes place in the small town of Inventary, in Scotland. This is the home of Miss Kirsty Campbell.

She was a famous lingerie model, who lost everythin
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
BADASS BUDDY READ WITH BADASS BABES

(You guessed right, I'm newbie at this but I'm liking it even if I don't know if I'm doing it right)
Big thanks to Bgurl for inviting me 😊

As always, going with 3 stars when I don't know how I feel.

I won't recount what happened, I'm sure there are good reviews out there with the details.
I will just say that it had its funny moments, specially when Betty made appearances.

About the h, Kirsty, my favorite parts were when she was the laugh of town, which tells you th
Gio Listmaker
Image result for badass grandma gif

Betty Was The Best Of This Book For Me

She Is A Savvy Business Woman Unlike Raine Lake's Sister

“In the contract I signed, there were some unusual clauses.” She cleared her throat as Lake’s heart sank. “The business is ours to do what we want with, but Betty here stays—think of her as an underwear mascot."

"“What?” Betty demanded. “I have veto. It’s in the contract.” “That was some contract you had drawn up,” Kirsty told her. “You’re not wrong.” Betty grinned. “I never thought anyone would sign it.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
I really liked this story, it is set in a small scottish town which peaked my interest as my family is from Scotland. This fell short for me as it was way to G rated compared to the usual books I read, that would have been fine but I found it to be a tease it would get to the good bit then jump to the next day or a different character. I was also a little disappointed in the way Rainbow was written out.
I guess what I am saying is this could have easily been a five star SERIES for me if it were n
Anne
This review can also be seen at

I'm a sucker for romances featuring couples that start off as mortal enemies, especially the humorous ones. Dark and tortured souls really aren't my thing when it comes to love stories...not that there's anything wrong with that! Nope, give me a funny lighthearted story and you can basically guarantee that I won't put it down. If you're into that sort of thing too, then Lingerie Wars is something you'll enjoy.

The small town of Invertary is full of quir
Emma
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 solid but unexceptional stars.

This book reminds me a lot of a screwball comedy in that it is a farcical battle of the sexes. Its all pretty clean, silly fun with some giggles but not a lot of depth. One does not always want depth so that is okay.

In one corner representing women and Scotland we have erstwhile super model Kirsty Campbell. Kirsty has already gone a few rounds with a car windshield but has gotten up again to start her own lingerie shop in her home village. She is only barely solv
Jenny Lynn
Sep 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish, ugh
Actually did not finish, but I really couldn't read anymore of this. Every time I tried to start the next chapter, I would just get so angry and annoyed with the characters and the plot that I just couldn't bring myself to read. So I am throwing in the towel. No more for me.

So, the problems in this book. The first big problem is Lake. Besides having an odd name (yes I understood that their parents were part of a hippie commune and that's where the names came from, but it just seemed like such a
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

So I read this for The Badass Babes Badass Buddy Read and I must say I'm actually surprised to say I liked it. I finished it in two sittings and I don't think I would have ever picked it up on my own. It has an interesting (sorta unusual) story line. But what counts an unusual in romance, huh? ;)

Lake Benson's midlife crisis lasted exactly twenty-four hours. In that time he quit his career with the Army and bought a lingerie shop.

Technically, he gave his sister money to buy the shop thinking it
Jane Stewart
Such a treat. It delights me. I laughed so many times.

This author’s humor really works for me. She creates interesting personalities. Some are odd. The chemistry and the way they interact makes me laugh.

The ending was more normal - less humor there. It had a crisis and wrapped things up. It was fine. It was a happy ending for the couple. But the best part was the first 3/4 of the book.

STORY BRIEF:
Six months earlier Lake loaned money to his sister Rainne who bought a lingerie shop. She is flaky a
Paige  Bookdragon
Sometimes, there are no words in English that can sum up one's feelings. But we Filipinos have that.

Ever had that feeling when you have all the dragonflies and butterflies in your stomach? When you feel like you have difficulty in breathing? When heat creeps up into your face? When you can't stop grinning like a fool?Or did you ever have that feeling when everything just feels right and you wonder why the angels aren't singing right now?

Combine all of them and you have what we Filipinos called
Saly
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Saly by: Jill
I am always on the look out for authors who do contemporary well and I think I may have found a new one in Janet Elizabeth Henderson.

Lingerie Wars was a really good contemporary with characters that had a meaty back story. Our hero Lake is all James Bond like and I must admit didn't mind showing off his physique. He was a soldier who just retired and needs the savings he invested in helping his sister buy a lingerie shop in a town names Invertary in Scotland.

When he finds out that the shop is ma
L.A. Casey
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I have honestly never laughed as much while reading a book in my entire life as I did while reading Lingerie Wars. From knicker protests, underwear war tactics, to dwarf tossing. This book had it all, and I loved every minute of it.
Emily
When Lake Benson agreed to loan his sisters money to open her lingerie shop, he didn't think it would have him taking over the lingerie business and heading to Scotland. Former lingerie model Kristy Campbell has weathered worse than trying to make her lingerie business succeed. When she offers to combine ideas with her competition, she finds herself at war with the English, particularly Lake.

Lake understands they are at war, but that does not stop him from wanting to spend time with Kristy. He
Leona
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Very cute...
Kari Kaz
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, humor
Lingerie Wars introduces us to Lake Benson, Kirsty Campbell, and to a wildly delicious cast of individuals living in Invertary, a small town in Scotland.

Lake, an ex-special services soldier, temporarily moves to Invertary to manage the lingerie shop he’d bought for his sister, Rainne. The shop is losing money and Lake is set on making it profitable before selling it. He plans to move back to England and open a security business, but he needs the money from the shop’s sale.

Kirsty is an ex-linger
Yodamom
It all starts with a small Scottish town, two underwear stores and one crazy hobbit. Ex Special Ops man Lake comes into town to fix up the shop he bought for his sister to run and then sell it to the highest bidder. he has plans to leave this place and start a new future. Too bad this town has no intention of making that easy for him. His biggest troubles are the underwear store across the street, his spineless sister, the crazy hobbit that came with his store, and a certain stubborn shop owner. ...more
Jodie Lauren
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a recommendation from a friend... and I loved it. Not only were the main characters developed well, the side characters were also funny. This book made me laugh out loud!

Kirsty and Lakes Story.

She is a local girl who happened to be an international model until an accident made her change her career path. Opening up an underwear store was perfect but business wasn't great.

Lake was sick and tired of his ditzy sister running her business into the ground... especially as it's his mon
Lori McD
3.5-4 stars

SEXY, SASSY, SCOTISH SUMMER READ!
RECOMMENDED FOR: Fans of Contemporary Romance with a little Steam

Kirsty is a famous ex-lingerie model. An car accident in Spain took one of her kidneys and almost took her life. She was left with numerous scars. And left by her skanky fiancee, who not only walked away from the crash with only a few scratches, but walked away with all of Kirsty's money. Kirsty returned to her hometown in Scotland, Invertary, to rebuild her life. So she opened a lingerie
Nefise
I had such a great time!
I've just added new book to my favourite list.

I loved so much things, I don't know if I can tell properly. I loved both hero and heroine. Their characterizations, progress of their relationship and feeling for each others and competition, all of these plot so well written, author captures me from first page till the last one!
Each character is very well written and brought their part of fun to story. When readind it, I want to live in a little sweet town like Invertary! :)
Ellen W-S
This was cute premise and I am a huge fan of all things Scottish but this was not my cuppa. A little long and needed some editing.
Amanda
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a cute beginning

It’s a good set up to the characters and the community think of it as a sassy Scottish Gilmore girls style town
Gisele
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review in English and em Português

5 stars

Lingerie Wars was a lovely, lovely discovery! I have never heard about the author but some friends here on GR were saying lots of good things about it, and if you add Scotland into the scene, I’m hooked!

It tells us the story of Kristen Campbell and Lake Benson. She was a very successful lingerie model in the past, but due a car accident and lots of body scars, she couldn’t do it anymore, so she comes back to her village in the middle of the Scottish H
BADASS BABES BADASS BUDDY READ 215 45 Jun 26, 2017 04:25PM
Sex Lingerie 1 1 Jan 05, 2017 01:28AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson 1 2 Sep 27, 2013 11:12PM
Linda Howard Book...: This topic has been closed to new comments. 5 books to give away! 14 34 Jul 04, 2013 01:00PM
Happily Ever Afte...: Lingerie Wars - out now! 11 22 Jun 15, 2013 09:58AM

• The Baron's Betrothal: An On-Again, Off-Again, On-Again Regency Romance (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • Joyfully Yours
  • Gwynneth Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Shadow Embraced (Haven, #1)
  • Someone Else's Skye (Men of Brahm Hill, Book One)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Lost in Love
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Size Matters (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #2)
  • The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy, #1)
  • North to You (Journey to the Heart #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 5 "Escape" (My Masters' Nightmare, #5)
  • Angel Baby
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Geek with the Cat Tattoo
  • The Virgin Huntress (The Devil DeVere #2)

I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about

Invertary (7 books)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
  • Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)
“Holy smoke, here comes trouble,” Betty said. “I need to be somewhere else.” “Stay right where you are, Bilbo. You caused this, you need to take some responsibility.” Betty glowered but sank back into the chair that fit her bum.” 2 likes
“There were men, and then there was this man. He was the kind of man that made the rest of the male population seem feminine.” 2 likes