Start by marking “Reputation” as Want to Read:
Reputation

Reputation

In this fast-paced new novel from Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Pretty Little Liars, a tight-knit college town scrambles for answers when an e-mail hack reveals life-changing secrets and scandals.

Aldrich University is rocked to its core when a hacker dumps 40,000 people's e-mails—the entire faculty, staff, students, alums—onto an easily
Published December 3rd 2019 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Reputation, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Amy The anonymous phone call...no
Kristen No. There is some sexually explicit content.…moreNo. There is some sexually explicit content. (less)

Start your review of Reputation
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Three, this book bring out the split personalities hidden inside me by dividing my opinions into two different perspectives. One POV of mine enjoyed this book and the other hated it because she wanted to punish all those characters for being so superficial, shallow, unrealistic like they’re running out of a long time soap opera and accidentally jump into this book’s pages, hello guys get out of this book and go hang out with CW series’ characters stars!

This is the first for me to have second
Larry H
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Did you ever see the recurring sketch on Saturday Night Live where they spoofed soap operas and telenovelas? They make every single incident overly melodramatic, with pauses, emotional outbursts, and campy looks.

As it roared toward its conclusion, I felt like Reputation was very similar to that sketch. Every single character had one, if not multiple secrets, and as each one was revealed I felt like dramatic music should be turned up as the other characters reacted.

Aldrich University is a
Holly  B
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hacker exposes secrets .... the cat is out of the bag for all those who have their private emails exposed for all to see!

This book had someMr. Robot(a T.V. series) vibes. I loved the series and the chaos the hackers would unleash. In the book, a prominent surgeon, Greg Strausser is murdered.Could it be some kind of payback or revenge? Maybe he pissed someone off?

Who has a motive? Greg's wife, Kit was pretty upset over his indiscretion. And who is this Lolita person?

Plenty of secrets in this
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
This book started out really strong for me. I loved the description! A huge university getting hacked. All the previous faculty and student emails are out there for the world to see. Ekkkk, can you imagine if the general public had access to every email you wrote?! Dear god, there would be hell to pay. Yet some people were exposed more than others- scandals, affairs, shopping habits, you name it they are out there.

I especially enjoyed the catty sarcastic behavior of Lynn right from the start.
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 18, 2019 marked it as paused-on-hold
Recommended to Chelsea by: Dutton
Reading books by Sara Shepard is a pleasure that I do not feel the slightest bit guilty about.

description

*Many thanks to the author for providing my signed review copy. I shall treasure it forever and ever.
Toni
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, 2019, mystery
An e-mail hack exposes secrets of thousands of people - the premise of this new novel by Sara Shepard is quite realistic in this day and age. While most of our e-mails may be excruciatingly boring to other people, some messages may turn out deadly to their writers or recipients. When Kit Manning's husband is found murdered, her sister Willa, who is an investigative journalist, comes back to the town to help to solve the mystery and save Kit's reputation.
The book is full of twists and
Berit☀️✨
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was PLL‘s older more Angsty, twisted, disturbed, and dysfunctional sister. A University’s emails are hacked and exposed to everyone. The professors, the students, the staff, everyone’s dirty little secrets out there just waiting to be discovered. The juiciest of all the secrets seem to belong to Dr. Greg Strausser Who appears to be having an affair with someone who calls themselves Lolita. But Greg is married to Kit the daughter of the president of the university. When Greg‘s dead body ...more
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Campy, fun & a great whodunnit! Touching on important topics relevant to the #MeToo era while also not taking itself too seriously, Reputation is really the thriller I needed from 2019! Having been a mega fan of Shepard’s since the first Pretty Little Liars Book (and corresponding 10+ after), I was excited to delve into the deliciousness that is Reputation!

Opening with a prologue named for a Taylor Swift song (she does have an album named Reputation after all), the plot is soon revealed to
Darinda
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A university's emails are hacked, and leaked online for all to see. Lives are turned upside down as everyone tries to minimize the fallout of having private emails go public. Things escalate when a man is murdered, and it turns out everyone is keeping secrets.

Told using multiple points of view - Kit, Lynn, Raina, Laura, and Willa. Kit works at the university, is married to Greg, and has two daughters. Lynn works with Kit. Raina is a college student and friend of Kit's daughter. Laura worked with
Mackey
Jan 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
No. Just NO. When I read the premise of the book I thought it sounded interesting. A major university was hacked and all of their secrets revealed. It sounded intriguing, especially in today's world where so much hacking is happening. However, that was just the beginning of this book. There were so many barely developed story lines thrown at the reader that one could hardly keep up with them up. Just when you thought you knew all of the players, MORE were introduced. There is not one decent ...more
Cathi - LovesBooksMore
Book Review
Reputation by Sara Shepherd
2/5 Stars

**I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

I’m a little embarrassed to admit I couldn’t finish this book. But I have a rule with myself “Life is too short to read bad books or drink bad wine”. This fit the bill.

There was a big internet scandal at the university. Students, alumni and staff all affected. Coverups ensued leading to murder. Secrets revealed. More secrets attempted to be
Amy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
Trashy reality TV is one of my guilty pleasures and this book felt just like watching one of my beloved RH episodes. It was fun, dramatic, juicy and definitely a binge worthy read. There’s a lot going on here and multiple viewpoints which is always so fun to me AND there’s also a murder plus you have this crazy hack so two intriguing mysteries at play here. The ending wasn’t a total surprise but it was twisty and satisfying in the end.

And since it’s a Sara Shepard book I have to ask the most
Shelby
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
When someone hacks into the email system of elite Aldrich University, exposing the emails of everyone in relation to the school, all hell breaks loose. Through those emails, University employee Kit learns her husband Greg has been having an extramarital affair with a younger woman—possibly even a student.

When Greg turns up murdered days after the Aldrich hacking incident, no one seems to feel sympathy for this philanderer’s death. And everyone from Greg’s inner circle has a motive to kill. But
Kelly  (UnshelvedEdition)
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-releases

Let me just start out by saying how much I absolutely loved this book. I had been in a slight slump for awhile but this one pulled me out and i could not put it down

The premise is very relevant to the dangers of technology that we all face today and the story touches on relevant topics in today’s news such as the #MeToo movement but not in an overpowering way

The story is told through several different character’s perspectives which slightly gives the vibes of watching different scenes in a
Liz
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-release
Liv Constantine quoted this book as “Deliciously Diabolical” and I wholeheartedly agree! WHAT A RIDE!

Sara Shepard you are a master at your craft. Juicy, vicious, and scandalous....Reputation is such a fun quick read!!! But..BE careful....There is sensitive material referencing the “Me Too” movement woven throughout. This could be a emotional trigger for some. I found it extremely prosaic for the modern culture we are currently living in. My final thoughts...read this book!

“Maybe the best
Nadine
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Shepard’s Reputation follows a cast of characters as they deal with the fallout of a server hack at Aldrich University. Reputations are on the line as secrets make their way into the public sphere and Dr. Greg Strasser is murdered.

I’ll always give Shepard’s novels a chance because Pretty Little Liars holds a special place in my heart. I know that the TV show is different from the books, but Shepard created those characters, so I know she’s a capable writer. Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON DECEMBER 2.

An e-mail hack at a prestigious college reeked havoc on the campus of Aldrich University.

The hack exposed every single e-mail that administrators, doctors, faculty, and students had written.

The e-mails revealed secret affairs, unsavory situations, and other juicy details.

I do need to warn the reader, though, that there are some unsettling, upsetting situations.

REPUTATION is a roller coast of a read with a cover that doesn't seem to fit with the story inside as
Courtney
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This was quite a ride to be honest. Reputation concentrates around kit and her family. Her father is the president of a ivy university and when the university is hacked everyone’s business is out for everyone to see. Affairs, gossip, everything is there on the website for everyone to look up by name.

Kit is married to a highly respected doctor when the hack happens. Her family is now thrust in the spotlight over what is in Greg’s emails. He has been having an affair, but the emails are full of
Stephanie
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

When it comes to reading a Sara Shepard book, I definitely expect some soapy, crazy drama and Reputation did not disappoint on that front.

The story follows the POVs of 5 women: Kit, Willa, Raina, Laura, and Lynn. It may sound like a lot of characters to keep track of, but I think Shepard did a really good job with it. Often times with this many characters I find I only like a couple and get frustrated when the POVs
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Well cream my corn, smack my ass and call me biscuits. What am I talking about? Hell, I don't know but that's how I feel after reading this book because my neck hurts and my brain is muddled from all the whiplash.

Told from multiple POVs, this is QUITE the roller coaster of a read. And it makes total sense as it was originally written to be for TV. So yes to all the DRAMA MAMA BING BANG happening page after page after page! Think about it. Everyone has a reputation. You have one throughout high
Krista Regester
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Karma is a bitch. ;)
Isabel • The Crime Bookshelf
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS.

Thank you so much to Dutton for the gifted ARC of Reputation! Talk about a juicy drama-filled thriller This was the perfect book to get me out of my reading slump because it was a lighter thriller that was so incredibly entertaining. This book was filled with so many secrets and a ton of gossip, which made it the ultimate guilty-pleasure book.

What I liked most about this book was that although there were a ton of characters, you really get to know and understand them by the end of the
Jessica | Booked J
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review can be found here at Booked J.

As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

Can we get one thing out of the way? I'm a Sara Shepard STAN. There is no escaping that. Her work has been a part of me since high school. If I had a single ounce of shame, I'd refer to my love affair with her books as a guilty pleasure. Alas, I lack the shame appropriate for this
Alexa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
This book is fun from start to finish; a soapy ride. I've only read Sara Shepard's THE ELIZAS, but my guess is to readers/fans of hers this will read more like a grownup Pretty Little Liars than The Elizas; good for those for whom The Elizas was too weird/noir. Shepard's has a gift with ultra-specific yet mainstream/normative characters that she gets you to care about, and interweaving multiple narratives/twists.

The main story of the hack is compelling, but then it's the murder that lands like
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

3.5 Stars

Reputation by Sara Shepard is a book that will take you on a wild ride. This thriller is classic Shepard with no shortage of drama and plot twists. However, while the concept is fantastic, the amount of drama in the story becomes a bit too much.

The one thing that Sara Shepard books have in common is drama. That being said, at times there can be an overwhelming amount of dramatic scenes stuffed into the pages. With Reputation in particular, the story starts
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Reputation is a standalone adult mystery/thriller. I don't know why I thought that this book was Young Adult. It is not!

I was obsessed with the Pretty Little Liars television series when it aired. And have read a few of the author's previous books. So I was excited when I saw that she had a new mystery novel.

The book is centered around Aldrich University (Ivy League school) and involves hacking.

The story takes place in 2017 and is set in Pittsburgh. There are multiple first person female
Emily
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

Reputation is Sara Shepard's upcoming release, and this one is an adult novel with all the drama and deceit you could hope for.

This book is fairly twisty (a little too twisty at times, in my opinion), and it was very fun to figure out who the killer was. I suspected everyone. I did have a pretty good guess, but really enjoyed sorting it out.

About being a little too twisty - there was just a bit of overkill on the twists. It took me out of the book at some points because it was far-fetched.
Laura Peden
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, audible
3.5 rounded-up CAMPY FUN! I knew exactly what to expect & still surprised by how much fun I had with this one. Sara Shepard does paranoia so well. I think it dragged on a bit too long but overall I really liked it. And the cover represents the vibe of the book so well! Recommend if you like Pretty Little Liars, etc...Read via Audible. ...more
Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd
REVIEW FOUND ON MY BLOG

Once again Sara Shepard has outdone herself as an author. Reputation was exactly the thriller that I needed. There were many times while reading this book that I could not put it down late at night. The book concentrates mainly around a girl named Kit and her family. Kit and her family are consumed in so many lies after many of their emails are exposed during a major university email computer hack.

This was one thriller where I did
♛ Garima ♛
Rating:
3 stars

Cover:
It's okay...nothing special

Trigger:
Infedility

Short review:
Typical Sara Shepard book, haven't expected anything less. It might not be her best work but it was fun to read. I have read this book a week ago so it's not really fresh in my mind, so it would be useless rambling than an actual review. It is a busy time around Christmas and new year guys!

Review in image/gif:

Recommended:

Aftermath: (possible spoilers)
I might have made some notes but the holiday season has

• Good Girls Lie
  • The Wives
  • The Last Affair
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Better Liar
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Meg and Jo
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Widow of Pale Harbor
  • Long Bright River
  • Trace of Evil (Natalie Lockhart #1)
  • The Prized Girl
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts
  • Strange Planet
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.