Start by marking “Reputation” as Want to Read:

Reputation

In this fast-paced new novel from Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Pretty Little Liars, a tight-knit college town scrambles for answers when an e-mail hack reveals life-changing secrets and scandals.

Aldrich University is rocked to its core when a hacker dumps 40,000 people's e-mails—the entire faculty, staff, students, alums—onto an easily searchab
Expected publication: December 3rd 2019 by Dutton

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Dec 03, 2019
    In this perfectly-paced new novel from Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Pretty Little Liars, the women of a tight-knit colleg ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 2572 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 14 - Sep 04, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reputation

Cathi - LovesBooksMore
    ⭐Book Review ⭐
    Reputation by Sara Shepherd
    2/5 Stars

**I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.**

I’m a little embarrassed to admit I couldn’t finish this book. But I have a rule with myself “Life is too short to read bad books or drink bad wine”. This fit the bill.

There was a big internet scandal at the university. Students, alumni and staff all affected. Coverups ensued leading to murder. Secrets revealed. More secrets attempted to be cov
    Chelsea Hofmann
    Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    You know the type of book you can’t put down? The ending of each chapter leads you right into the next, and before you know it you’ve read the entire book and it’s 3 am?

As someone who works in higher education the theme of this book caught my eye right away. A scandal where everyone’s email gets hacked and they’re out there for the world to see? That is a nightmare, and in this book, that nightmare leads to a murder.

This book has so many different characters and they are all interesting and lea
    CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
    Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I am absolutely loving Reputation by author Sara Shepard! So interesting and has yet to disappoint! Will update with full review closer to publication date!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
    Alex findingmontauk1
    Shelves: owned
    This book is SO good! Fans of Sara Sheparad will not be disappointed. I love how it is kind of like Pretty Little Liars for ADULTS. I mean, I am an adult and also enjoyed PLL. But the situations these characters are in are definitely more adult-oriented than what the teens in PLL go through. This book has mystery, adultery, secrets, murder, sex, and all sorts of other fun madness. I will never recommend this one enough to any thriller or domestic suspense fan. I had such a great time with it and ...more
    amanda
    Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
    Trigger Warnings: Rape, Sexual Assault

Mild spoilers also ahead!

Let me just say that this was a roller coaster to read. Wow. I wanted something fast paced, murderous, and page turning and well I got it.

From the author of the hit books and TV series Pretty Little Liars, Reputation is a book that’ll have you blinking at the pages and screaming what! as your eyes peruse paragraph by paragraph by paragraph.

There’s been a hack and thousands and thousands of emails from renowned Aldrich University are
    Kat
    Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Thank you to NetGalley and the Penguin Publishing Group for the opportunity to read and review the E-Arc copy of Reputation.
    Sara Shepard has always been a great writer of campy, mystery filled with drama. The rumors, affair, and murder all make this book a twisty fun thriller that you won't want to stop reading. It is a MPOV book which does add to the different pacing of the mystery. It gives a more who could it be aspect with this plot.
    #Reputation
    #NetGalley
    Jessica Baillie
    Aug 07, 2019 is currently reading it
    Reputation was a story of a college town rocked by scandal. It begins with a college email system being hacked, secrets, betrayals, cover ups, and affairs all come out of this hack. The author tells the story through multiple points of view and moves through time and the fall out of the scandal through the eyes of each of these characters. Pretty quickly, following the hack a murder occurs. The remainder of the story is set up to discover who the murder was and who hacked the email system. Are t ...more
    Christina (Bookwormmommyof3)
    Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I could not put this book down. Every time I thought I figured it out, another twist was thrown & it definitely was quite the ride.

December will bring a scandal, murder, secrets & a line of characters that you don’t know who to believe.

Fast paced, stories that could be ripped from the headlines & her writing transcends each time she writes.

Thank you so much Sara Shepard for sending me a copy. Published by @duttonbooks & released on December 3rd.
    Amanda Yates
    Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I loved every word in this book!! Such a twisted tail of family and cover up. You never know what is going to be turned up next. Definitely a must read!!
    Michael Perrucci
    Jul 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
    I LOVE THESE TYPE OF NOVELS I AM
    BEGGING FOR AN ARC!
    Susan Cordeiro
    Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
    This is the first book I've read by Sara Shepard, and I would read her books again.
    The story at first seemed a bit confusing to follow. It was a very convoluted story that when you fully immerse yourself into it takes you on a wild ride. There are many twist and turns to the plot that will always keep you guessing.
    Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this book.
    Chris Markley
    Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
    When the email server of a prestigious university is hacked secrets are exposed. What happens when people see your true self? Will they remain part of your life? A story of truth and being yourself even as your life is being destroyed.
    Shannon Hollinger
    Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I had no idea the Pretty Little Liar author also wrote adult fiction! Same fast pace and quick wit but without the cliffhanger ending. Plenty of twists, abundant subplots, and drama galore made for a fun read!

I won this ARC of this on Goodreads.
    William Cook
    Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    When investigative reporter, Willa, returns to her hometown to investigate the murder of her sister’s husband, she finds herself in the middle of a College scandal! Reputation is a dramatic-psychological-thriller filled with secrets, lies, and twists. Sara Shepard is a genius! I love everything about Sara Shepard’s books. They’re always so intense, twisty, and horrifying! The turns are brilliant, the deep secrets the characters hide are relatable, and the mystery ties together so neatly in the e ...more
    Mary
    Reginleive
    Jul 10, 2019
    Amy
    Jul 19, 2019
    Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.