Start by marking “The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)” as Want to Read:
The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)

The Best Mistakes

(The Amherst Sinners #3)

Five years. One month. And three days after the bonfire from hell.

SAINT
Post college bliss was actually hell.
I wasn’t using my degree.
I was so lonely I looked for his face in crowded places.
I didn’t have anything figured out, let alone my feelings.
I was stuck between two tall, dangerous, and handsome men – times two.
One showed me how to survive trauma, proved things aren’
Kindle Edition
Published October 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Best Mistakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Mistakes

Start your review of The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)
Halle Reads
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-2019
5/5 Stars
This was everything I was hoping for and more. I loved every minute of it.

IMG-20191031-210828-891

IMG-20191031-221825-110

This is book 3 in the Amherst Sinners Trilogy and the conclusion to Layla and Oliver's story. The story takes place 5 years after the ending of book 2 and boy have things changed.

The Best Mistakes was played out in a natural and raw way. It was frustrating, it will break your heart, make you smile, laugh and cry for these beautiful souls. You might get angry and want to scream at them at times then want t
Assia
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this one and I am at a loss for words!!!!!
I don't know where to begin??
Layla, Layla, Layla..... what a piece of art this one, she is everything I aspire to be in the future, independent and strong and confident and loyal, so damn loyal to the core.
Oliver, the broken knight in destroyed vans and holed jeans... the knight cover in tattoos and wears his heart on his sleeve.... He was everything in this last book about the Sinners, he was the perfect ending to the destroyed beggin
Amy
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well what a journey this was for the characters.

This sort of gave me an "After" series vibe, I think that's why I liked it so much. This is the conclusion to Layla and Oliver's story. And a catch up with the remainder of the crew.

This was written beautifully, raw and so frustrating at times but I just wanted them to get their shit together once and for all!

Full of angst and drama, I felt differently about the side characters through the series, sometimes liking them and sometimes thinking they w
Coco.V
May 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Books 1, 3 & 4 in the Series are FREE on Amazon today (5/22/2020)! 🎁
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is what I have been wanting since I started reading the first book. It finally all makes sense and I am not confused anymore, well other than why some of them make the choices that they do, but to each their own.

This book is still a bit of a conundrum and reminds me a bit of Cruel Intentions. It is messed up completely, but will completely suck up your attention in how devoted these characters can be. The ending was awesome because it tied things up but still kept things open ended, wh
Abby J Capps
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Five years, one month and three days after the bonfire Ollie and Layla reconnect. They are true endgame. They are super hot together and I’m really proud of Ollie in this book!
BUT.
It makes me kind of mad that their communicative abilities suck. So much wasted time between them, but at the same time I’m not even that mad because, unpopular opinion, I love Hunter. I get his and Layla’s encounter before college was a little iffy, but I believe him when he said he just saw things differently and he
Rosie's Bookshelf
Definitely the perfect ending to Ollie and Lyla🥰
Julie-Blue Monday Girl Blog
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. I still can't believe we got to the (almost) finale of these series. Elena did a wonderful job developing this story. Each character and situation during these books was just the way it was supposed to be.
In this book, five years have passed since book two. The Sinner are all grown up, they are making their way, all of them are graduate and pursuing a career.
Layla, she's still going through heartbreak after everything that happened with Ollie and finding out who she wants to be whi
*My Little Book Nook*
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great finale to the dramatic and emotional series! Layla and Oliver’s story has been fraught with peril from the beginning, but The Best Mistakes was exactly what I needed. It has everything I was hoping for: angst, drama, steamy chemistry, shocking twists, and so much love. (I'm also a sucker for juicy jealous love triangles, and it has that, as well.)

Once again, I couldn’t put this book down. I NEEDED to soak up everything I could about Oliver, Layla, and the rest of the Sinners. And even be
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to an addicting series!! I can’t believe we’ve made it so far with the Amherst Sinners! All of the characters have seriously come such a long way, and I really liked how this book was told five years later after the second book. Everyone had time to grow, make some more mistakes, find out who they are and get themselves to where they needed to be.

When Ollie and Layla reunited, my heart was so happy! I love those two and have been rooting for them from the start, even though they
Heather
Yasss!!!! I do adore a groveling Ollie! 💜

This was the BEST way to end Layla and Oliver's story.

~Hunter. My heart was breaking for you and your unrequited love. 💔

This was an amazing series. I'm hoping some of the other Sinners get their own books. HUNTER but w/o Addy! Aspen, I always liked him. Caden too even though I never really liked him. He was a great Sinner and exactly the type of friend Ollie needed but I always thought he was a dick.
You should hurry and read this series. You're missing o
♣Bel♣
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Mistakes
4 stars

Where do I even start?

What emotion do I discuss first?

*uncontrollable tears spill out*

I guess we’re starting with the sadness that this is over and the fact that I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH ALL MY EMOTIONS *wailing*

There are going to be two parts to this review.

Part one discussing ‘The Best Mistakes’

Part two discussing the Amherst Sinners series as a whole because I just spent the past week binging it and I have to talk about it or else I’m pretty sure I will ex
buzy_reading
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Best Mistakes is about Layla transforming from innocent, naive, and saint into a confident sinner whose strength came from her flaws.
Layla graduated from Amherst and moved to Boston. Although she graduated with a stellar G.P.A. she hadn’t yet landed herself a job. She did learn to embrace who she was by not hiding behind her past mistakes. While
Layla still pines for Oliver she continues moving forward with with heart tethered to the guy whose love is unbreakable.
I couldn’t wait for Layla t
Kelé
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this is series was my first read of this author--now a new favorite. I loved this series. Well written, easy flow to the story. This story checked all the emotional boxes. I have to tell you that there was so much angst in this story that I would literally shut off my kindle and lay it down only to not be able to stand it and pick it right back up. I read all three books plus the novella in two days. I could NOT put them down. I loved the characters and found myself always rooting for Oliver. ...more
heareads (Debbie)
overall 4.5 stars.

I wasn’t sure how I would feel about a time jump (5 years) going into the story, especially with the way book two ended, but I was in love and got sucked in with whole story.

5 years have passed and Layla has moved to Boston, away from Oliver. They are no longer together, however, she aches for him but couldn’t commit to love him with everything going on in his life - Jade and recently discovered son. Over the past few years, whenever she is near Oliver, she’s ran away, not will
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
3.5 Stars!

This book was another HARD read for me! It picks up five years later!! Five years later!!! like what the heck was all that I just went through the last two books for? Grr, I was really struggling. All of that back and forth with Ollie, Layla, Hunter, Liz and Jade just for everything to fall apart and pick up Five years late. No one is happy, except Liz, Caden, Aspen, and Maddison, the rest are kinda just living through life one day at a time. The first half of this book was a real str
Dangerously in love with books
What in the world??!!!

In this one ladies and gentlemen we go forward six years into the future, the sinners are growing up, keeping making mistakes and that right there is how adulthood works!!

Oliver is still living in Amherst with Jade trying to give their son normalcy, living a clean life but with no Layla in his life because she moved to Boston after college trying to make a life after her disaster of relationship with him and in the arms of none other than Hunter. There were so many things t
Jill
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5-stars
“ Sometimes love hurts, before it feels good, to let us know how far we can bend before we break, because love breaks us all in different ways. The broken pieces get put back together differently when it’s at the hands of the ones we love. They keep all our best parts, without changing the picture, of who they fell in love with in the first place.”

“You and I, we aren’t ever going to stop being scared. It’s what keeps this real: that fear of losing it. I wanna be scared with you forever.”

This boo
lowkeyreader
To be honest, I was feeling really uncomfortable reading at the beginning. I didn't think it would take that kind of route in the story plot. But I still needed to know the ending so I pushed through it.

From the second book, we know what happen. And in this one, it continues five years later where everything change and every one of the sinners have ventured to the adult world. Would they still be sinners or not, there's only one way to know..

Most of them left Amherst and Oliver's the only one st
Laura Jackson
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow I just can’t even begin to say how much I loved this series.. I feel like I couldn’t do anything til I finished reading these books.. thank God that thy are already out..I would have been a hot mess waiting on these books .. I was like no... gasp..NO.. all through this series.. yelling don’t do it.. omg why?
Hunter and Addie irritated me to no end and Jade, well good riddens..
Oliver, he’s really gotten himself together in the five years since Layla.. he works and takes care of Arson.. he’s
Biggs_bookcase
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sinners and saints

Layla is broken and trying to pick up the pieces of her life from leaving Ollie at the end of the last book. Time passes and the broken pieces of the sinners are barely hanging on. After the bonfire from hell the group shattered held together by the barest threads. Five years after the fact Oliver finally stops giving Layla the space she craves. While this book of the series doesn’t center around college and the frat house it in no less an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. Al
Alycia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When first hearing back that it was going to take 5 years after I was shocked. But, I think it made the story way better. Weeks later I'm still in awe of how good this series was. I absolutely loved every minute of it. I loved that we got to see that we were able to see everyone how they had changed yet were the same after college.
Layla and Ollie relationship in this book was a redemption from the last book. Because Ollie was a mess but you can still see Ollie is still broken unless he has Layl
Christine
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** ARC Copy given for honest review **

The Best Mistakes Review.
The Amherst Sinners Book #3

The Best Mistakes is the final book of Oliver and Layla, and I absolutely loved it!! This book takes place 5 years later after book 2 ( The Best Moments ) and shows how far the sinners have come since college.

I absolutely loved this book! I did not want to put it down. It was the perfect conclusion to Oliver and Layla's story, but I know it wont be the last we hear about them.

In this book it really shows
Karla Lopez
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Third book in the Amherst Sinners Series and I’m so excited it’s finally here! I have so many feelings towards this book.
All the sinners stories are a mess and I kind like that. That they’re all adults and still don’t have their life figured out. It’s interesting to see that. I was really mad throughout the story, but that’s just me because I wanted certain things to happen. BUT the ending made it worth it.
Let’s talk about my favorite sinner Oliver, literally I love who he becomes in this book
Emma (Emlovesreading)
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for this book. Especially after that ending to book 2!!
I’ll openly admit that the more I read of book 2 the more conflicted I was on who I wanted Layla to end up with. But I have to say the ending was perfect.
Layla has really grown throughout the series, she’s stronger, more confident but still the sweet girl we fell in love with in book 1.
And with each book Ollie has really grown on me. He’s one of those characters who is believable because he’s flawed and because of that I l
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I had hoped for and so much more! I was so nervous and excited to see where Oliver a s Layla’s story went, and this book gave me the perfect continuation to their story! I have fallen deep for Layla and Oliver. They may not be perfect, but they are perfect for each other. And the love they share for each other and Arson is swoon-worthy!

This story once again made me an emotional mess at times, but I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. This band of misfits and sinners
Kristina Simkins
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 years ago 2 secrets were unleashed to everyone at the bonfire. Secrets that changed everything. Layla was devastated and Ollie’s entire life was turned upside down.

A year after that night Layla couldn’t handle was their relationship had become and walked away.

Now all these years later. She is surviving but she isn’t truly living. Ollie is living but missing a piece of his soul. Their love is a forever love. They just have to find out how to move forward and leave all the bad in the past and
Book Bish
This book was just wow!!!! It had some of my favorite things, one of them being the angst!!! This book showed the growth of all of our favs a couple years after the double mic drops at the end of The Best Moments. I can say starting this book I was honestly not that much of fan of Oliver, I mean I understood that he went through somethings but that does not excuse being an asshole. But on a positive note in this book it was hard for me to do it , but I finally forgave him. I honestly hope the au ...more
Liz
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing finale!

Trials and tribulations have torn apart my favorite couple, 5 years later they meet again and their undeniable connection makes itself known again. The question is whether or not they will be able to look past the obstacles that have been in their way.

We see our sinners grow into better versions of themselves as they juggle adulthood. Layla struggles to find her footing in adulthood, feeling as if something is missing. Oliver might be the piece that makes her feel whole again.
Ashlee
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life you have that singular twelve month span of time where it’s The Best Year. Within that year there are The Best Moments but also The Best Mistakes.

Five years, one month, three days.

That’s how long its been since Ollie and Layla no longer were Ollie and Layla. None of the Sinners were the same. They were all desperately clutching at the nostalgia they had from Amherst all while trying to find themselves as adults. Sometimes though, find yourself can’t happen until you mend the f

• Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Beautiful Deceit (Watch Me Burn, #3)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • Heartbreak Prince (Broken Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Fragile Things (Folkestone Sins, #1)
  • Release (The Release Series, #1)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
Elena Monroe grew up in Florida scribbling down stories from a very young age. These stories were really just wavy lines filling the paper, but she knew each word, each emotion, each character's name, and there was no tricking her into forgetting what each line signified. Just like her unconventional way of writing as a toddler Elena is setting her own rules and just telling stories.

Much like her

The Amherst Sinners (4 books)
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • The Best Moments (The Amherst Sinners #2)
  • The Best Chance (The Amherst Sinners #4)