Start by marking “The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)” as Want to Read:
The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)

The Best Mistakes

(The Amherst Sinners #3)

Five years. One month. And three days after the bonfire from hell.

SAINT
Post college bliss was actually hell.
I wasn’t using my degree.
I was so lonely I looked for his face in crowded places.
I didn’t have anything figured out, let alone my feelings.
I was stuck between two tall, dangerous, and handsome men – times two.
One showed me how to
Kindle Edition
Published October 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Best Mistakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Mistakes

Start your review of The Best Mistakes (The Amherst Sinners #3)
Halle Reads
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads
5/5 Stars
This was everything I was hoping for and more. I loved every minute of it.

IMG-20191031-210828-891

IMG-20191031-221825-110

This is book 3 in the Amherst Sinners Trilogy and the conclusion to Layla and Oliver's story. The story takes place 5 years after the ending of book 2 and boy have things changed.

The Best Mistakes was played out in a natural and raw way. It was frustrating, it will break your heart, make you smile, laugh and cry for these beautiful souls. You might get angry and want to scream at them at times then want to hold them and never leStars
This
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is what I have been wanting since I started reading the first book. It finally all makes sense and I am not confused anymore, well other than why some of them make the choices that they do, but to each their own.

This book is still a bit of a conundrum and reminds me a bit of Cruel Intentions. It is messed up completely, but will completely suck up your attention in how devoted these characters can be. The ending was awesome because it tied things up but still kept things op
Emily (Emily Reads)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to an addicting series!! I can’t believe we’ve made it so far with the Amherst Sinners! All of the characters have seriously come such a long way, and I really liked how this book was told five years later after the second book. Everyone had time to grow, make some more mistakes, find out who they are and get themselves to where they needed to be.

When Ollie and Layla reunited, my heart was so happy! I love those two and have been rooting for them from the start, even
Abby J Capps
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Five years, one month and three days after the bonfire Ollie and Layla reconnect. They are true endgame. They are super hot together and I’m really proud of Ollie in this book!
BUT.
It makes me kind of mad that their communicative abilities suck. So much wasted time between them, but at the same time I’m not even that mad because, unpopular opinion, I love Hunter. I get his and Layla’s encounter before college was a little iffy, but I believe him when he said he just saw things differently
♣Bel♣
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Mistakes
4 stars

Where do I even start?

What emotion do I discuss first?

*uncontrollable tears spill out*

I guess we’re starting with the sadness that this is over and the fact that I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH ALL MY EMOTIONS *wailing*

There are going to be two parts to this review.

Part one discussing ‘The Best Mistakes’

Part two discussing the Amherst Sinners series as a whole because I just spent the past week binging it and I have to talk about it or else I’m pretty su
heareads
overall 4.5 stars.

I wasn’t sure how I would feel about a time jump (5 years) going into the story, especially with the way book two ended, but I was in love and got sucked in with whole story.

5 years have passed and Layla has moved to Boston, away from Oliver. They are no longer together, however, she aches for him but couldn’t commit to love him with everything going on in his life - Jade and recently discovered son. Over the past few years, whenever she is near Oliver,
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
3.5 Stars!

This book was another HARD read for me! It picks up five years later!! Five years later!!! like what the heck was all that I just went through the last two books for? Grr, I was really struggling. All of that back and forth with Ollie, Layla, Hunter, Liz and Jade just for everything to fall apart and pick up Five years late. No one is happy, except Liz, Caden, Aspen, and Maddison, the rest are kinda just living through life one day at a time. The first half of this book was a real str
Jill
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5-stars
“ Sometimes love hurts, before it feels good, to let us know how far we can bend before we break, because love breaks us all in different ways. The broken pieces get put back together differently when it’s at the hands of the ones we love. They keep all our best parts, without changing the picture, of who they fell in love with in the first place.”

“You and I, we aren’t ever going to stop being scared. It’s what keeps this real: that fear of losing it. I wanna be scared with you forev
Julie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. I still can't believe we got to the (almost) finale of these series. Elena did a wonderful job developing this story. Each character and situation during these books was just the way it was supposed to be.
In this book, five years have passed since book two. The Sinner are all grown up, they are making their way, all of them are graduate and pursuing a career.
Layla, she's still going through heartbreak after everything that happened with Ollie and finding out who she wan
lowkeyreader
To be honest, I was feeling really uncomfortable reading at the beginning. I didn't think it would take that kind of route in the story plot. But I still needed to know the ending so I pushed through it.

From the second book, we know what happen. And in this one, it continues five years later where everything change and every one of the sinners have ventured to the adult world. Would they still be sinners or not, there's only one way to know..

Most of them left Amherst and
Brit *My Little Book Nook*
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great finale to the dramatic and emotional series! Layla and Oliver’s story has been fraught with peril from the beginning, but The Best Mistakes was exactly what I needed. It has everything I was hoping for: angst, drama, steamy chemistry, shocking twists, and so much love. (I'm also a sucker for juicy jealous love triangles, and it has that, as well.)

Once again, I couldn’t put this book down. I NEEDED to soak up everything I could about Oliver, Layla, and the rest of the Sinners.
Alycia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When first hearing back that it was going to take 5 years after I was shocked. But, I think it made the story way better. Weeks later I'm still in awe of how good this series was. I absolutely loved every minute of it. I loved that we got to see that we were able to see everyone how they had changed yet were the same after college.
Layla and Ollie relationship in this book was a redemption from the last book. Because Ollie was a mess but you can still see Ollie is still broken unless he has Layl
Christine
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** ARC Copy given for honest review **

The Best Mistakes Review.
The Amherst Sinners Book #3

The Best Mistakes is the final book of Oliver and Layla, and I absolutely loved it!! This book takes place 5 years later after book 2 ( The Best Moments ) and shows how far the sinners have come since college.

I absolutely loved this book! I did not want to put it down. It was the perfect conclusion to Oliver and Layla's story, but I know it wont be the last we hear about them.
Emlovesreading
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for this book. Especially after that ending to book 2!!
I’ll openly admit that the more I read of book 2 the more conflicted I was on who I wanted Layla to end up with. But I have to say the ending was perfect.
Layla has really grown throughout the series, she’s stronger, more confident but still the sweet girl we fell in love with in book 1.
And with each book Ollie has really grown on me. He’s one of those characters who is believable because he’s flawed and because of that I l
Karla Lopez
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Third book in the Amherst Sinners Series and I’m so excited it’s finally here! I have so many feelings towards this book.
All the sinners stories are a mess and I kind like that. That they’re all adults and still don’t have their life figured out. It’s interesting to see that. I was really mad throughout the story, but that’s just me because I wanted certain things to happen. BUT the ending made it worth it.
Let’s talk about my favorite sinner Oliver, literally I love who he becomes in this book
Kristina Simkins
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 years ago 2 secrets were unleashed to everyone at the bonfire. Secrets that changed everything. Layla was devastated and Ollie’s entire life was turned upside down.

A year after that night Layla couldn’t handle was their relationship had become and walked away.

Now all these years later. She is surviving but she isn’t truly living. Ollie is living but missing a piece of his soul. Their love is a forever love. They just have to find out how to move forward and leave all the bad in the past and
Book Bish
This book was just wow!!!! It had some of my favorite things, one of them being the angst!!! This book showed the growth of all of our favs a couple years after the double mic drops at the end of The Best Moments. I can say starting this book I was honestly not that much of fan of Oliver, I mean I understood that he went through somethings but that does not excuse being an asshole. But on a positive note in this book it was hard for me to do it , but I finally forgave him. I honestly hope the au ...more
Britney Chavez
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yesssss!!!! I have been waiting for the conclusion but also dreading it cuz I don’t want it to end! And as usual I still need more, especially after those epilogues!!

Gah I don’t even know what to say other than I loved every single thing about this book! Love and hate that it is 5 years after book 2. But I get it and it works. Love seeing where all the Sinners ended up.

I loved how Ollie and Layla got back together but found themselves with their time apart. I don’t want t
Samantha Molina
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart was broken, slightly fixed, got stomped on, put back together again with tape, to be thrown in a fire & somehow came out more full!

The conclusion to the Amherst Sinners Series was everything I didn’t know I needed. It was the perfect conclusion to the series.

As with the conclusion with any great book you always want a little more, to go beyond the pages of the book and see how the characters lives played out. This isn’t any different I absolutely fell in love with each sinner (Eve
Karolina P
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The third and last book in the Amherst Sinners takes place five years after the bonfire that changed everything. Layla and Oliver meet again. Both adults, both live their lives...but is this the life they dreamed of? Apparently not because they're both not happy. And for the third time they are trying to find their way to each other. This is the third book and I still can't connect with main characters. I like them but I don't love them. Maybe it's just me and my problem...
If you like a lo
Kandace Denys
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After all the secrets, and bombs, and truths, we’re finally here.
5 years later, preparing for a wedding, moving through the times, learning how to move forward.
Our Saint & Sinner still can’t seem to let each other go, even while involved with others.
Truths are spilled, feelings are shared, past hurts are fleshed out, and our incredible journey comes to a close.
I LOVED the different epilogues, getting glimpses into different worlds amongst this family.
Recommendation:
Ashlee
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life you have that singular twelve month span of time where it’s The Best Year. Within that year there are The Best Moments but also The Best Mistakes.

Five years, one month, three days.

That’s how long its been since Ollie and Layla no longer were Ollie and Layla. None of the Sinners were the same. They were all desperately clutching at the nostalgia they had from Amherst all while trying to find themselves as adults. Sometimes though, find yourself can’t happen un
BookishlyNomes
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, e-own
Thank you to Elena Monroe & Give Me Books PR for the copy of The Best Mistakes in exchange for an honest review.

The Best Mistakes is the third and final book in the Amherst Sinners series and takes place 5 years after the end of the second book. This series is about Ollie, Layla and the rest of the Sinners as they navigate college life and adulthood. They make difficult choices and lots of mistakes, but ultimately use these decisions to really grow and learn as people. Whil
Mom Seeks Smut
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Book 3 and final book in the Amherst Sinners series by Elena Monroe.

This book takes place 5 years after the end of book #2. This series I have struggled with the character flaws and likability. Having this time hop certainly helped! The characters got some growth and matured from this time hop and helped me as a reader to really care for the characters and story more than I did in book 1 & 2.

I enjoyed the epilogues giving each character their deserved endings. 🖤
Kimberly Chambers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I’m super sad it’s over. I was so addicted to Oliver and Layla, sure there are other couples but they were by far my FAVORITE!

I won’t say to much because the ending is EVERYTHING I wanted it to be (and more)!

The series was AMAZING in so many ways! I can’t recommend it enough.

I’m now addicted to @elenamonroewrites and will be recovering from this series for months!

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Karen Sedgman
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic ending to The Amherst Sinners series, again could not put down The Best Mistakes! After that cliffhanger in book2 The Best Moments left me being in all kinds of emotions! Now 5yrs on the sinners are all now adults moving on in life with all the drama and highs and lows and the good moments as well! Loved getting all the epilogue's for everyone especially Layla & Oliver!
Heather
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Best Mistakes was everything I wanted and didn't know I needed for the final installment of The Amherst Sinners series. This is without a doubt Elena's best yet! Its filled with all the gripping, angsty goodness we've come to love from the Sinners. The perfect conclusion to this wickedly addictive series!

*I was kindly provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Amber Dimartino
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YESSS YESSS YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! The perfect ending for Oliver and Layla!!! I LOVED IT!!!! Oliver is so perfect even after everything he had been through he still manages to be perfect!!! The feels so many feels!
Chelsea
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?! I enjoyed getting Layla & Ollie's HEA, but I feel like I still need more! Once you read these books you feel like you are part of the sinners and need to know everything. Can't wait to see what else Elena comes up with in the Amherst world 🖤
Tristyn Evans
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This third and final book in this series is everything. Its so perfect
I absolutely love how the author finished it!! Perfect

• Stay With Me (Stay With Me, #1)
  • What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay With Me, #2)
  • Breaker
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Cruel Boy
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Flawed (Imperfectly Perfect, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet, #1)
  • A Friendly Wager
  • Holding on to Forever
Elena Monroe grew up in Florida scribbling down stories from a very young age. These stories were really just wavy lines filling the paper, but she knew each word, each emotion, each character's name, and there was no tricking her into forgetting what each line signified. Just like her unconventional way of writing as a toddler Elena is setting her own rules and just telling stories.

Much like her

The Amherst Sinners (3 books)
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • The Best Moments (The Amherst Sinners #2)