Start by marking “The Opposite of Falling Apart” as Want to Read:
The Opposite of Falling Apart

The Opposite of Falling Apart

After losing his leg in a terrible car accident, Jonas Avery can’t wait to start over and go to college. Brennan Davis would like nothing more than to stay home and go to school, so she can keep her anxiety in check. When the two accidentally meet the summer before they move away, they’ll push each other to come to terms with what’s holding them back, even as they’re pulle ...more
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Wattpad Books

To ask other readers questions about The Opposite of Falling Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Opposite of Falling Apart

Start your review of The Opposite of Falling Apart
Aly
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this book portrayed anxiety and PTSD. Sometimes I was reading and would get frustrated with Brennan that she couldn't go to class or was ghosting Jonas, or with Jonas for the way he treated his family, but then I realized, that's how it actually is. People who have anxiety or PTSD probably get frustrated with themselves and their loved ones have a difficult time sometimes too. To someone that doesn't have anxiety, it's hard to understand why someone physically can't get out of ...more
Maria
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
4.5 stars.
Awesome story, but the pain is so raw that sometimes it becomes hard to read.
I loved Jonas and Brennan and how their friendship and romance grew ever so slowly. I loved them as young people, both broken and going through dramatic experiences. Their struggles feel real.
Jonas is a fascinating young wounded hero: with his frown and dark, feathery hair sticking up in the back, the sarcasm and the pain
Keri (KeriBetweenPages)
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-tbr
What a cute book!

In this story we follow Jonas and Brennan. Jonas lost half his leg in a car accident and Brennan struggles with a severe anxiety disorder. After meeting after a small fender bender they develop a friendship. They both have insecurities that interfere with the blossoming relationship but that’s where we actually get to see each of them bloom. I found Brennan’s anxiety to be relatable to my own and really appreciated seeing mental illness and physical disability being
Kylie Psaila
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book follows two teens, Brennan and Jonas, who both have some kind of disability - mental and physical. Upon meeting due to a fender bender, they start to form a friendship and end up helping each other to heal.

Although this story has some romance in it, it isn’t the main focal point of this story. It focuses on the character growth along with the healing, and I liked this. ...more
nikita ❤
3.75 stars ✨
I didn't know it was gonna be super adorable. I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. I was so invested in the story!

This story is about Jonas, who loses half of his leg in an accident and suffers from PTSD, and Brennan, who is an aspiring writer struggling with anxiety. They both meet and become friends, and eventually fall in love.

I love romance, but more than that, I love it when the authors really focus more on the individual stories. I really loved the friendshi
Elyse Alba
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book really hit me! The author did such an amazing job making me feel for the characters! You almost get 3 stories in one. Highly recommend!
Sari
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

What a beautiful story about overcoming obstacles. The story follows Jonas and Brennan whom are both battling either physical or psychological disabilities and their journey to helping one another heal.

I loved how Micah Good tackles disabilities with such relatable characters. As someone who has suffered from anxiety for most of my life, I really resonated with Brennan’s storyline.
Caitlin Reads
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book features Jonas and Brennan. Two characters that are suffering and help each other learn to live again. Jonas lost his leg and Brennan has an anxiety disorder. This book was really cute and I got through it quickly. Certain parts were tough for me to read given the serious subject matter but overall this was a good young adult read. The romance took a backseat to the growth of the characters and it was nice to see them o
Tash
this book comes out on my birthday! maybe it's a sign that I should def read this book haha
Luanna
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful story of resilience and overcoming ones flaws.
I loved how this book tackled both physical and psychological disabilities and how the characters individual struggles are dealt with. The romance was subtle and not the focus of the plot.
All the characters played their parts, had their moments to shine and felt relevant to the storyline.
The what if that the characters went through were very relatable (the whole story in fact.)

I enjoyed this book and would definitely r
Michael (Chaos Michael)
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait to re-read it once it’s published!!
Kate Larkindale
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
As someone who has written a novel about an amputee, the description of this book was enough to have me begging NetGalley for the opportunity to read this one. Thankfully they said yes!

Over a year after losing his leg, Jonas still isn't in a good place. He's still angry at the world for allowing this to happen to him and spends most of his time hiding out in his room. His prosthetic leg has been in the closet so long it has dust on it and he quit physical therapy to learn how to use
Amy
First, thanks to NetGalley and Wattpad Books for allowing me the ARC for an honest review.

This book tested my empathy, and I like that it did. It showed me that I need to learn that healing is on each individual's terms. Here we have two 18 year olds dealing with their personal demons: Jonas is dealing with his loss of identity and self after losing the lower half of his left leg and Brennan is dealing with crippling anxiety. After a fateful run in, these two slowly become friends as
Skylar Nightingale
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I went back and forth with the rating of this book because the first twenty percent discussed their ailments, and I found myself losing interest. However, I kept reading, and I’m glad I did because the beginning allowed me to walk in their shoes. It helped the reader to empathize with their situation. The more I read the more I understood the characters and I fell in love with the storyline. The Opposite of Falling Apart also had wonderful wonderful passages and quotes.
Tristan Munoz
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Opposite of Falling Apart is about two teens (the summer before college and into Freshman year of college) who help each other through their respective difficult circumstances. Jonas is a recent amputee and Brennan has severe anxiety. While their problems are different in nature, the two have many things in common. This was a story of acceptance. Accepting that your flaws don't make you any less worthy of acceptance or love. Accepting other people’s flaws. The story reminds us that everybody ...more
Emy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC for Netgalley in exchange from an honest review.

The PTSD & Anxiety representation in this good is so good in my opinion. I could find myself in Briennan so MUCH and it made it hard to read, but in a good way. It's rare that one get to find a character that is basically their exact representation. I am glad I found this book.

I loved how the characters grew to love each other and how they worked with their struggles together. It is so realistic and relatabl
Michelle
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amputee, anxiety
My full review can be found on the Epilie Aspie Chick blog!

Thank you to Wattpad Books for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Both of the main characters, Jonas and Brennan, are relatable and understandable. What they've gone through is so tough to recover from, especially when it comes to building your life back. The author here did a really great job at taking the time to encompass those struggles and feelings for each character.
Carolline Nascimento
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the book and the characters! See Brennan struggling with her anxiety, Jonas coping with his limb loss, and how their paths cross with each other when both are on edge of their conflicts made me want so bad for a happy ending for them! And their relationship as a whole? Ugh, my heart! I teared up a bit, I admit. And they made me laugh. But even more important: I loved them so. much. I will miss this three and a half legs couple with all my heart. 💛
Tammy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I waited a while to type this review. Brennan could be me (but not as extreme) and it really hit home. I loved the development of the friendship. It was messy and perfectly imperfect. Both Jonas and Brennan are dealing with issues that impact their every day life. The way they support each other and drive each other to be better is shown in many ways. This is one I am going to recommend to both my daughters.
Laurie Tell
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the story of two broken people and how they helped each other heal.

I loved both characters, and was drawn into their world. I was rooting for them both, and for their real issues. I loved their growth, and their support of each other.

This story was sweet and charming and I really enjoyed it.

I want to thank the publisher and net galley for the advance copy to read. This didn't impact my review.
Jaclyn
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet friendship / romance story. Brennan's anxiety felt so real, as did Jonas' PTSD over his accident, and both teens' self-consciousness over their anxiety and missing leg respectively. I love how they were both awkward with each other but also making each other feel comfortable and accepted, warts and all.
C.j.
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the characters of Brennan and Jonas who I felt were really relatable characters that aren't often pictured in YA books. I didnt give the story 5 stars as I felt it was a slow beginning and there were some parts that felt a little unnecessary for the plot to move forward. When you narrow down the plot lines, its a good story and told with believable characters.
InaFieldofBooks
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
While the formatting made this difficult to read in parts (so a lot of rereading was done), it was still an adorable story of being human.

Sad, funny and nerdy in all the right spots, this one is tough to put down.
4 stars.
Trudy Dalton
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I received an e copy from NetGalley and I want to thank them for it! This was an honest portrayal of PTSD and anxiety. I think everyone relates on some level. Jonas was the grumpy boy that everyone wants to fall in love with.
Stephanie Brown
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story. The author gives able accurate description of someone suffering extreme anxiety. I was happy to see how two broken people helped heal each other. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Dawn
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really cute story but there were several typos and formatting issues. Some parts were frustrating but I suppose that’s how it is with anxiety.
Emma Katherine
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The Opposite of Falling Apart was exactly what I expected: great, but to Wattpad standards. Although it wasn't fanfiction, it had the same immature and inexperienced feel. The characters were realistic but cliche, the plot was developed but overused in YA, and the ending was sound but expected. The Opposite of Falling Apart deserves to be published and I am very happy for the author, but it was nothing more than a fun and feel-good read. If you are in need of a pick-me-up, this is for you!
Hannah

• Coral
  • The Love Playbook
  • Postcards for a Songbird
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Aphrodite Made Me Do It
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Dorothy in the Land of Monsters (Oz ReVamped, #1)
  • Fake Date (Dating, #2)