Start by marking “The Opposite of Falling Apart” as Want to Read:

The Opposite of Falling Apart

To get back up sometimes you have to fall down, hard . . .

What's the point of pretending nothing has changed when everything has? It's the last summer before college, and Jonas Avery knows he should be excited. Instead, he hides out at home, avoiding his friends, his family, and everything that resembles his old life. Because nothing will be normal again―because of The Acc
Published February 25th 2020 by Wattpad Books

To ask other readers questions about The Opposite of Falling Apart, please sign up.
Olivia Vaughn Probably just to deal with marketability issues. From what I've seen, it seems like about an even 50% of WP Books releases change their titles. It's p…moreProbably just to deal with marketability issues. From what I've seen, it seems like about an even 50% of WP Books releases change their titles. It's probably just to closer match market trends and increase immediate interest. I loved the original title, but I can certainly see how titles like this, "The Summer I Drowned", and "Night Owls and Summer Skies" are subjected to change. It's all to increase profit, and honestly, when it comes to great books like this, I just want to hold them in the air and be like, "YES MAKE MONEY EARN OUT OH YESSS!" (I love how I can't-not-be longwinded.)(less)

Start your review of The Opposite of Falling Apart
NAT.orious reads ☾
5 complete STARS ★★★★★
This book is for you if… you possess the means to consume books in any form: digital, physical, auditive. It features an underrepresented part of society that has wrongly been forced to be ashamed for way too long.

Overall.
update : apparently, there are people out there not absolutely loving it??? Bah. Humbug.

If you don't like this book we can't be friends. It's as simple as that. This book, you guys, it's perfect. I literally want to devour this book so the ha
Stephanie Fitzgerald
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Y.A. readers and teachers
Oh, where to begin? This was such a wonderful read; it was sweet and deep, alternating between the lives of Brennan (such a beautiful name!) and Jonas, two teens who meet by literally colliding (well, their cars do). These are not two typical teens; Brennan suffers with constant anxiety, and Jonas is living with a “new normal” since a car accident that cost him half a leg. I was immediately invested in the lives of both characters from the first page; both kids are struggling with huge issues, b ...more
Isabella
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for this e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

*3.75
Insightful story of two teenagers about to start university. Jonas has PTSD after being in a car accident and losing half of his left leg. This is his story about dealing with the aftermath, his struggles and wondering whether he can move on. Brennan has an Anxiety Disorder and can only escape with her writing. She battles with her mind. Every day is a challenge, especially with moving away to start university. This is Jon
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

A year after losing his leg in a car accident, Jonas got into a little fender bender, which was the start of something great, for both him and the girl whose car he hit.

Both Jonas and Brennan were supposed to be getting ready to leave for college, but they were "stuck" for different reasons.

Brennan was dealing with severe anxiety. Fear and racing thoughts were keeping her from moving forward, and she didn't seem to have a lot of support at home. While Jonas was making no progres
Kathy - Books & Munches
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, favorites
Trigger warning: Remembering a car crash, panic attacks, phantom pains, unwanted touches
Rep: Amputee, anxiety, PTSD

I don't even know where to start with this one. I can take the time to talk about the writing - which was good - or the story - which was definitely good as well - but.. The thing is that The Opposite of Falling Apart is so much more than those two things. Of course, every book is more than those elements, but I feel like it's even more so when it comes to this amazing read.

The rep
Aly
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
I really liked how this book portrayed anxiety and PTSD. Sometimes I was reading and would get frustrated with Brennan that she couldn't go to class or was ghosting Jonas, or with Jonas for the way he treated his family, but then I realized, that's how it actually is. People who have anxiety or PTSD probably get frustrated with themselves and their loved ones have a difficult time sometimes too. To someone that doesn't have anxiety, it's hard to understand why someone physically can't get out of ...more
Kacie
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Awww!! This was so cute! It's definitely worth a reread in the future

P.s. You know a book is really good when you stay up until 2am reading and procrastinate on homework.
alissa avaline
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
“People are complicated beings, Brennan. We break, we fall, we piece ourselves together again. We tear relationships apart, and we glue them back together. Maybe it’s not always perfect, and by nature happy endings come after a lot of crap. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t happy endings. And you’ll never know if you don’t try, because the happiest endings always require some kind of effort on our part.”

I had heard a lot of great things about this book in terms of representation. This book, lik
Clockwork bibliophile
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sending me an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Opposite of Falling Apart follows the story of two teenagers - Jonas Avery, a boy who is suffering from PTSD from a traumatic accident where he lost a leg, and Brennan Davis, a girl with severe anxiety disorder. The story is so heartfelt and beautifully written - it is more than a typical romance. It goes into depth about trauma, emotions and self acceptance. You see two unique characte
Jennie
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a story about two teenagers who were facing their own personal demons. Brennan has anxiety and has a hard time trusting others. Jonas has lost a leg in a car accident and has trouble accepting what happened to him. Together they make the world a little easier to manage. I thought the book was very slow and entirely too long at 400 plus pages. It has a happy ending which the reader knew was coming, but it sure took a long time to reach the end.
nikita  ❤
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars ✨
I didn't know it was gonna be super adorable. I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. I was so invested in the story!

This story is about Jonas, who loses half of his leg in an accident and suffers from PTSD, and Brennan, who is an aspiring writer struggling with anxiety. They both meet and become friends, and eventually fall in love.

I love romance, but more than that, I love it when the authors really focus more on the individual stories. I really loved the friendshi
Keri (KeriBetweenPages)
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-tbr
What a cute book!

In this story we follow Jonas and Brennan. Jonas lost half his leg in a car accident and Brennan struggles with a severe anxiety disorder. After meeting after a small fender bender they develop a friendship. They both have insecurities that interfere with the blossoming relationship but that’s where we actually get to see each of them bloom. I found Brennan’s anxiety to be relatable to my own and really appreciated seeing mental illness and physical disability being represented
Maria
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -
4.5 stars.
Awesome story, but the pain is so raw that sometimes it becomes hard to read.
I loved Jonas and Brennan and how their friendship and romance grew ever so slowly. I loved them as young people, both broken and going through dramatic experiences. Their struggles feel real.
Jonas is a fascinating young wounded hero: with his frown and dark, feathery hair sticking up in the back, the sarcasm and the pain of adjusting to a new me
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Fantastic Flying Book Club, Netgalley, and Wattpad Books for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

This felt like such a sad novel, and I think it actually kind of broke my heart. We have Jonas that suffers from PTSD after being in a car accident which resulted in him losing half of his leg, a
Sari
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a beautiful story about overcoming obstacles. The story follows Jonas and Brennan whom are both battling either physical or psychological disabilities and their journey to helping one another heal.

I loved how Micah Good tackles disabilities with such relatable characters. As someone who has suffered from anxiety for most of my life, I really resonated with Brennan’s storyline. The ‘what i
Micah Good
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi! I wrote this book, and it’s officially out in the world now!! I really hope you enjoy it! If you like mental health rep, slow-burn romance, and stories that remind you that our flaws are what make us human, you might like this story.

Here’s a playlist I made of songs that remind me of the book:

Perfect | Ed Sheeran
Unwell | Matchbox Twenty
Heavy
♣Bel♣

No rating

I could not for the life of me get into this AT ALL. And the main reason is because the writing style is just not for me. It dragged and it made the characters feel really two dimensional and boring.

I get what the author was intending to do, and I think her concept of depicting PTSD, anxiety and the affects of mental health is a great idea in hindsight but.... the execution wasn’t appealing to me as a reader. It felt a bit overdone and I was bored for a l
Deekay
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, it’s very rare to find a YA book that tells a good story and doesn’t have any typical YA drama in it, for example: relationship drama, high school drama, love triangle drama, and any other YA drama. But, this is book is excellent in so many ways, this type of YA book is very hard to find nowadays, and I’m glad that this book is far different than most YA books.

This book have zero drama in it, I do admit that there are some issues in the main characters’ relationship, but it wasn’t dram
Felicity
Jul 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This played on the 'damsel in distress' trope more than I would've liked, and I found the helplessness of both characters frustrating at points. The book seemed to come to a standstill in the middle and quite a few chapters felt unnecessarily dragged out. The book is not very long but somehow it felt long and took me a while to read. This could've been a much faster read, but I finished because I enjoyed the characters and the cute romance. A cute, easy read if you have time.
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Told in the dual POVs of Brennan, a teen who has an anxiety disorder that she doesn't want to admit to, and Jonas, a teen who lost part of his left leg in a car accident one year earlier, The Opposite of Falling Apart by Micah Good took me some time to read, but not because it isn't a worthy YA title in which the characters spend the majority of the novel in their first year of college, rather than high school. (Mainly, I just haven't been reading as much.)

Jonas hasn't driven since before the ac
Kylie Psaila
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

This book follows two teens, Brennan and Jonas, who both have some kind of disability - mental and physical. Upon meeting due to a fender bender, they start to form a friendship and end up helping each other to heal.

Although this story has some romance in it, it isn’t the main focal point of this story. It focuses on the character growth along with the healing, and I liked this.

The reason why
Hristina
I went into The Opposite of Falling Apart expecting what I always expect from wattpad, a messy badly-written quick read that goes back and forth and ultimately drives me to DNFing it. But this book is the opposite of that, pun intended. The Opposite of Falling Apart is the best thing that's come from wattpad and I've had the pleasure of reading.
It's written really well, even with the heavy subject matter, the paragraphs don't feel densely packed. I really enjoyed the way it was structured, and t
Lenni Jones
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-and-special
It feels very weird to have finished this book. It’s been a constant in my life for so long... Like, every time I had a book hangover and didn’t want to start a new book, I could just read a chapter of this. But now I am finished. And it is sort of relieving and sad at the same time.

I’m sure you can tell that this book wasn’t that great, since it took me five months to read. I just can’t understand Brennan’s anxiety. I don’t understand what can make a person so nervous to be around people.

There
Line Bookaholic
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. The plot was easy to follow and kind of slow, but in a good way. The development of the characters and their relationship was well constructed and it was interesting to learn more about them and their respective problems that they had to deal with.
Jonas lost his left leg in a car accident and is bitter and angry since then. Brennan is anxious all the time and is afraid to start college in the fall. Jonas and Brennan met one day and this will totally change the
anna louise
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
this book must be my favorite young adult book. I passionately love it with my whole heart. I have not only cried once but several times and I cannot express how much this means to me, how much Brennans character means to me. never have I seen myself mirrored in a book like this before. Brennan, you make me want to be brave.
Elyse Alba
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book really hit me! The author did such an amazing job making me feel for the characters! You almost get 3 stories in one. Highly recommend!
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorites
Stephanie Grandstaff
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From someone who deals with anxiety and all the unwelcomed side effects that comes it, I loved this book! The author has a great way of showing the sweet relationship between two people, while both are trying to deal with their own mental battles.
Patty
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
The Opposite of Falling Apart by Micah Good is a story about overcoming disabilities, and moving forward. Jonas Avery was a star in high school, until the car accident that took part of his leg. Brennan Davis has an anxiety disorder, so everything is a challenge for her. The summer before college these two meet, and a romance begins. I found this book to be well written, but it just wasn't for me. I read to lift my spirit, and this book did not do that. If you enjoy a more serious romance, give ...more
Tash
this book comes out on my birthday! maybe it's a sign that I should def read this book haha
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Description 3 14 Jun 23, 2020 10:43AM

• Every Reason We Shouldn't (Every Reason We Shouldn't, #1)
  • Confessions About Colton
  • Given
  • Just Breathe
  • What I Carry
  • You Say It First
  • She's With Me (She's With Me, #1)
  • If We Were Us