Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Devastating” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tall, Dark and Devasta...

Suzanne Brockmann

Tall, Dark and Devastating

(Tall, Dark & Dangerous #5-6)

Experience two classic tales of heroes facing the most daring adventure of all—falling in love—from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann’s Tall, Dark and Dangerous series—collected here in one volume!

Harvard’s Education

Senior Chief “Harvard” Becker believes that there is no room for women in a combat zone. It’s too dangerous, too tou
Published November 11th 2019 by HQN Books (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Devastating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Devastating

Start your review of Tall, Dark and Devastating
Buggy
Opening Line: "This was wrong. It was all wrong."

This is a fun, sexy, exciting series with larger then life Navy SEAL heroes, capable of anything it seems except falling in love easily. TD and Devastating contains books 5 & 6 from Brockmann’s Tall Dark and Dangerous series which is being re-released as 2-in-1’s with way better covers.

Using proper military jargon Brockman gives us delicious alpha-male heroes and just the right amount of action, suspense and sweet romance to keep you coming back for mor"This
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Nobody does Romantic Suspense like Suzanne Brockmann.

Harvard's Education: ★★★★

Hawken's Heart: ★★★★★
Maria
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series
90s Navy SEALs romance.
Anita
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harvard's Education In my quest to read all of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous books within a short span of time, this was a reread for me. I always expect great thing from Suzanne Brockmann and she rarely disappoints. In reading through the series, this book is #5, I have noticed that some of the characters have similarities with some characters from the Troubleshooter series. One really striking similarity is between P.J. and Alyssa Locke.

P.J. is a balls to the wall, black woman who is out
Dee

Military and romance
Gotta love a SEAL
Juliewheatcox.Net
HARVARD'S EDUCATION
The romance was good, but the scenario of the training mission was so ludicrous that it detracted from the story. I would hate to think that our military would stage a training mission in the middle of two opposing drug lords. Another detractor was that there was no rescue mission mentioned to extract the two guys who were pinned down. The romance was four star with the storyline only two stars.

HAWKEN'S HEART
This story was four stars, not just for the r
Jody
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I would give it 5 stars if it wasn’t for Harvard’s story. There was something so annoying to me about the heroine. I had a hard time liking her. Crash’s story was such an emotional roller coaster for me, though I absolutely loved it!!
CeCe Downs
First, men in uniform? Mmmm-mmm good.

Second, Navy SEALs in particular? “I’ll take Hunks on Sticks for $200, Alex.”

Third, *raises hand in a fist*, much props to all the men, women and “children” now serving in the military. And I say children sarcastically because they really are getting them young these days.

Fourth, *raises hand in fist again*, much props to the women who are married to these droolworthy men. That’s got to be some hard shit, but you are some l
Sammie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both stories were really good,They had a good plot and i just love the characters.

Harvard's Education .
i really liked Harvard and i thought his story was pretty good, at first i wasn't sure how much i was gonna like his story but it turned out great, he's really funnny and i loved seeing him with Joe they both make me laugh so hard.

P.J. is cool but sometimes she has a huge chip on her shoulder and i was kinda sick of hearing about how she has to act like a man to ge
PepsiGirl
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are two stories here, Harvard's Education *** 1/2 stars. This was so sweet, Harvard (aka Daryl Becker) Navy SEAL Alpha man is brought to his knees by little ole 5 1/2 ft P.J. Richards, a FINCOM agent he meets during training exercises. The mutual attraction is hard to ignore, but both of them try to keep it light until dire situations put them into each others arms.

Hawken's Heart **** 1/2 This story starts off with an assassination attempt on Admiral Jake Robinson. Things go fr
Clarke
Tall, Dark, and Devastating
Public Library 4/24/15.

Harvard's Education
3.2 Stars. I think Harvard's book is my second favorite out of the whole series (or at least of the ones I've read so far). What makes his book really interesting is P.J. and her willingness to call things as she see them. P.J. is accustomed to working in a man's world as a FitCom agent. Part of her current assignment is to train with SEAL Team Ten to take down terrorists. The whole training goes from bad to worse when they
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, 3 starts for Harvard's Education and 5 for Hawken's Heart. I'm glad SB has re-released these SEAL team 10 books from the late 90s. With the new covers, they really don't seem too dated (except for the occasional use of a pager/lack of cell phones). I've already enjoyed her Troubleshooters series, so I've slowly making my way through these. Each one is very unique, with memorable characters and refreshing plot lines. Harvard's book was a little slow to start, and it took longer to feel the em ...more
Tasha
Havard's Education and Hawken's Heart

P.J. is exactly what I needed at this point in my life. She is a women in an all male job and not only that, she's good, one of the best at what she does. I really enjoyed seeing how she handled herself and the situations she found herself in. I also appreciated Harvard and his honesty with her and the situation. I think I'll take a few notes before I send this one back to the library. I may find myself in need of her wisdom.

The story
upthetrellis
I'm taking a reader's advisory class and this is required reading. It's the first romance book that I've read since I was ten and I used to read the western romances that my grandparents kept in their spare bedroom. I'm lucky enough to have the audiobook read by a friend of mine and all I can say about it is that I burned more calories listening to it at the gym than I do listening to whatever melancholy pop music shows up on the ishuffle.
Plumsexy
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking the mold even if it's older read.

Wow. I'll try to do this without spoilers but it's gonna be tuff. This is a story of two loves one saying goodbye and the start of a new one. While it's extremely melancholy the dynamic and scope of heartfelt emotion isn't something I see this often. Even though Daisy passes and it takes a log time for the love portion of the story to get started it's worth it every last second. It I could give it ten stars I would.
Wendy
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, fiction, romance, women
This is good for an easy, summer book to bring to the beach. Warning: It is full of fairy-tale fantasy romance that will make cynics cringe, but it has enough substance in the SEALS subject matter to make it interesting.
Lindsey
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military, favorites
#5-6 of Tall, Dark & Dangerous series! #5 is Harvard's Education & #6 is Hawken's Heart

My favorite military series so far!! I read these books so fast and had to keep going to the book store to buy the next one because I just couldn't wait to read it. Lots of suspense and romance!
Miccilina Piraino
These two books are going to be in my permanent collection, someone dear to my heart is named HAWKEN, so I just could not resist falling for him and the rest of the characters in these two stories, wonderful, engaging, suspenseful and entertaining. Loved them.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Tall, Dark and Dangerous
ms bookjunkie
Harvard's Education is not my favorite Suz Brockmann book. Harvard needs a smack -or five- on the head. 2.5 stars
Hawken's Heart has much more satisfying suspense and emotional connection. 3.5 stars
butterfly8
Harvard's Education : 3 star

Hawken's Heart : 5 star
Abby Fick
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That really hit the spot.
Marla
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I think I have now finished this series of books. Read them all out of order but enjoyed all of them. They are kind of fluff reading but sometimes that is just what you need.
Kathleen
this one was pretty good, but i definitely prefer her 'troubleshooters' series over these
Danielles
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het begin is er,...goed sluitend en leuk boek,....deel 5 en 6, allebei super!
Tuurlijk de troubleshooter serie is echt beter, maar hier is absoluut het begin van een goeie schrijfster!
Journeywoman
Enjoyed this one. I liked seeing the beginnings of the Troubleshooters--albiet different characters in these books.
Jill
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brockmann's plotline is great and so are her secondary characters with their own books in some cases like Blue and Lucy McCoy and the Admiral. So overall this book gets 5 stars from me.
Alaina
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is for Hawken's Heart as u reviewed the other separately. I was not a fan of this one at first, but, ended up caring just as much for these characters as the others in this series.
Tamara Dibs
Oct 13, 2013

• Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.5)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
  • A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1)
  • Pay Me (Hidden Legacy, #4.2)
  • A Misunderstanding
  • Rock Chick Redux (Rock Chick, #8.5)
  • When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
  • Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)
  • Then Came You (The Gamblers of Craven's, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Shadow Warriors, #3)
  • Prey
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • It's a Wonderful Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6.5)
  • Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes, #1)
  • Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)
  • Riding to Sunset
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award-winning T ...more

Tall, Dark & Dangerous (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)