Start by marking “Shadows of You: A Stark Security Prequel” as Want to Read:
Shadows of You: A Stark Security Prequel

Shadows of You: A Stark Security Prequel

(Stark Security .5)

Read the prequel … then grab the book!

For two long years, Stark Security agent Denise Marshall has been alone, mourning her missing husband. But everything changes on Valentine’s Day when she encounters a mysterious man who seems to understand her deepest desires.

Published May 11th 2019 by Martini & Olive

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of You

Coco.V
May 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (5/18/2019)! 🎁
Jessica
Happy to be a part of the J. Kenner arc group. The only reason I was disappointed by this novella because it was so so short. Three chapters of J. Kenner writing is not enough. I'm dying to know what happens to Denny. Poor Denny has been waiting for two years to see or hear if her husband is dead.
Pennie Morgan
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet or not so sweet but sexy. Denise has been missing her husband who is undercover, deep under cover and has been for years. Today, Valentine's Day is their anniversary and her friends, Nikki and Jamie, have treated her to the Penthouse Suite and a massage. Just what she needs, to relax and regroup. However, when a woman shows up to "prepare" her she tells her she will be blindfolded. Okay, she can do that but when "The Master" shows those hands and that voice turns out to be someon ...more
Stephanie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now I can't wait to read their story!!!!!!!!
Sandy S
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

About the book: Release Date May 11, 2019

Shadows of You is a prequel to Broken With You, the second book in the Stark Security series. While Broken With You can be read without reading this short, you don’t want to miss this steamy prequel!

•••••••••••••

REVIEW:
Armenia
Romantic and bittersweet

Denise Marshall hasn’t seen her husband, Mason, in years. His mission has taken him deep cover and any contact would jeopardize his mission or Denise’s safety. We met Denise in Quincy and Eliza’s story in Shattered In You where both Denise and Quincy are partners who work for Stark Security.

On Valentine’s Day, Denise is missing her husband so much more. But her close friends rally for her and soon she has a mystery lover who takes over her lonely evening. Blindfolded for
Phuong
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can't wait for the book to read more about Denise and if she will find her husband and to find out who the person is that showed up to give her the "master" massage. Her husband is a spy and has been undercover for over 2 years. Denise hasn't heard from him and is worry about him. I hope we find out more about Denise, her husband, and who that person was that gave her a massage that made her feel so, so good! I love Ms. Kenner's Stark world and all the different characters that we get to meet ...more
Lynette Ottley
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blindfold Massage

If you have reluctantly, not seen your husband for two years and then get to be secretly massaged by him on Valentines Day it might drive you crazy. Well, this short prequel story charts this exact scenario for Denise. Except, being blindfolded she can't verify whether the person actually touching her and massaging her, is her Mason.

This short story literally wets the readers appetite and stimulates the senses for the next Stark Security book 'Broken with you'. As a J. Kenner f
Mom's Guilty Pleasure
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shadows of You A Stark Security Short Story J. KENNER

When I say this is a short story~I mean short...and on these few pages it is packed with heartache, hope, passion, mystery and friendship. What an incredible short read. I don’t know how J.Kenner pulled off all the emotions, twist and turns with such few words.

“I want to ask him if this fantasy was real. If he is real….
But I don’t...maybe, just maybe, I’m afraid of the answer.”
Mary
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect sexy interlude for Denise and Mason while Mason is on a deep cover op and they’ve been separated for a few years. Denise gets the best Valentine’s surprise orchestrated by her friends that delivers just what the doctor ordered for Denise. What a fabulous couple.
Patricia Wurst
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Too short and you need to buy more for more story line

Exciting but disappointing. The story was way too short and you have to buy the next short stories to find more between the two. No thanks.
Lara
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Quick read with a bit steamy. Due to the shortness of the story, a lot of what makes a story truly hot and steamy had to be left out. But it's a good set-up for the series/book #2. Looking forward to more of Denise and Mason, or The Master.
Will Decker
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this afternoon quickie! It took a moment to buy into all the billionaire-esque BS, but once I reminded myself it's a romance and not a thriller, I got right into it and really enjoyed it. Kenner has a writing style that gets the point across with a minimum of words and it works.
Rebecca Edger
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella/prequel was a great way to see into the mind of Denny for a moment. To know what she is thinking and how much she truly misses her husband. I can not wait to read Broken with you and get the full story and see where Kenner takes these amazing stories!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
If this does not get you ready for the actual book nothing will. Once again J. Kenner hooks the reader in and does not let go. This time it is with a shot of mystery when Denise is set up for a night of spa treatments only to have her desires met. I cannot wait for the full book!!!
Jennie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review: Shadows of You

This pre-quel has left me hurting for Denise. After everything she has been through not knowing where Mason is it is bittersweet to find out he is alive and back but no memories of her. And she's pregnant!! Can't wait to start Broken with you.
Dorothy Sobota
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick and steamy preview into Denise's story. Can't wait to read Broken with you, because if this quick read was this steamy then I know we are in for a hot treat with the full book.
Elizabeth
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part of Stark Security a prequel to Broken with You. Not an official HEA, but that’s okay. Sexy, erotic, a little mysterious. Lots of questions to be answered in Broken with You.
Lana-White Hot Reads
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this prequel to Denise and Mason's story. It was hot and steamy and I want to know more.
Ashley N Stephens
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Loved this short prologue into Denny and Mason’s story. I can’t wait to see what happens with this steamy couple!
Lauri Tribbey
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teaser

This was a small look into what's to come. They future book should be one hell of a,rollercoaster ride of intrigue.
Debbie Loveridge
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'd recommend

So hot! I wish there this was longer but now I can't wait to read the next story. This does everything a prequel should, whet the appetite.
Susan
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! What an amazing start to Stark Security. This bittersweet story will draw you in from page 1. I knew Stark Security was going to be good, but this is beyond good.

Cannot wait for more.
Alicia
Outstanding prequel!

Wow! I can’t wait to read Broken With You! This story is going to be a hell of a story.
Amy
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was the shortest novella I have ever read! It did get me excited for the next book though!
ChattyChik21
Great start to Denny’s story

Touching heartfelt but still sexy as hell had me eager for their full story a true prequel. Loved it can’t wait to read the full novel
Kelly
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a short, steamy, little scene. I really can't wait to read Broken with you. I think I will like the full book better.
Crystal
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

Get to know a little about Denise in this 3 ch. Prequel. Her full story is Broken with you. Its short and "sweet".
Dawn
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying Quicky

Short, fast & tantalizing read that brings Denny & Mason to life. Nice racy intro before their full length book Broken With You.
Shelly Reynolds
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
"The man -The Master - gave me back hope, along with a fresh taste of joy."

What a sexy short story!! A perfect teaser to Broken with You, and the rest of Denise & Mason's love story!
Even in this novella, you can feel Denny's pain and heartbreak over missing Mason. At the same time, you can feel Mason's desire for her, knowing he can't stay. Duty calls. No names were needed between them - all they needed was a touch to know the truth.

Loved it!! I can't wait for Broken with You!!
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y

Stark Security (3 books)
  • Shattered With You (Stark Security, #1)
  • Broken With You (Stark Security, #2)
  • Ruined With You (Stark Security Book 3)