Start by marking “Princess in Exile (Queenmakers Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Princess in Exile (Queenmakers Saga, #3)

Princess in Exile

(Queenmakers Saga #3)

…a princess of the people in self-imposed exile. Nothing could prepare Alecia for what she faces as she leaves all she has known behind and embraces a future with her rescuer.
…a tormented shapeshifter, desperate to defend the woman he loves. Vard Anton fights both external forces and the least controllable of his forms – the bear.
The lovers travel to a lost city, hoping
Published May 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Princess in Exile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess in Exile

Start your review of Princess in Exile (Queenmakers Saga, #3)
Larry Napier
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fitting continuation to a beautifully written saga of love, life, loss, romance, deception. I have thoroughly rnjoyed this series, what a remarkable addition to the continuing storyline. This is quickly becoming my favorite author you surely won’t be disappointed.
Jaime
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
So the second book devoted to these two and another cliffhanger... I can't believe nothing was resolved with Vard. What was the point of this book? Alecia got on my nerves too. She kept a huge secret the entire book. Even when it was revealed at the end she still didn't tell the whole truth. I also understand conflict needed to happen to separate them, but that issue was weird. Was he aggressive? Was she enjoying it and just embarrassed? Was it a spell? But the annoying thing is regardless he ap ...more
Kaye
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE NAILBITING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Wow! Talk about one spine tingling ride. If you're looking for a fast paced, action packed, hard hitting, page flipping, adrenaline rush that keeps you riveted and on a razors edge. Congrats my friends, you've found it. All the drama, angst, danger and suspense make for one thrilling experience. A rollercoaster of unexpected events and surprising mishaps that launch all of your spinning emotions blazing to life in this gripping storyline and nerve racking plot. Tw
Chris Johnson
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah! The tension grows in this fast-paced sequel to The Princess Avenger. Princess Alecia and her protector Vard (with whom she is in love) travel towards a realm ruled by a sorcerer. There they hope to find a way for Vard to control his shapeshifting which can affect his ability in a tight position. You see, he can't control which of several forms to take.

But Alecia holds a secret, something terrible that can break the trust between her and Vard. Worse! It's a growing secret. (No more said for s
Deb Barringer
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Princess in Exile is another good book in the exciting Queenmakers Saga by Bernadette Rowley. I enjoyed that this was a follow-up to book 1. I like the relationship between Alicia and Vard, although I felt that it was a little forced at times. They continue to grow together as they forge on in their quest for a mentor for Vard. Until Vard can learn to control his transformations, their relationship will forever be doomed as forbidden lest he harm Alicia. I hope to come back to Vard and Alicia so ...more
M.G. Ryan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A worthy sequel to the Princess Avenger

This book took a slightly darker tone compared to the first book in the series. While I did enjoy reading 'Princess In Exile', I enjoyed 'Princess Avenger' more, as it was slightly more engaging. I am intrigued as to where Bernadette Rowley will take the third book of the series and am highly anticipating reading it.

An enjoyable read. Recommended for lovers of Romantic Fantasies.
Susan
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anton Vard continues the search for a mentor to teach him control of his shifting. He needs to protect Alecia from being harmed by him when he has shifted into animal form. Their search will bring them moments of intimacy, joy, danger, capture, sorcery, betrayal and pain. I don’t want to spoil the plot, so you will have to read their adventures for yourself.
UNLIMTED
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t get enough of this couple

So glad to get back to Vard and Alecia. These two definitely don’t have an easy relationship or an easy life. Lots of drama, many many secrets and deep emotions. It’ll be interesting to see where this goes from here, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the dark elves or Leth, so many things still left to tell.
Jackie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Princess Alecia and Vard have to flee as they are persued by mercenaries. Will Vlad get the help to control his gift. Wonderful fantasy story.
KStar
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While not as romantic as the first book, it was still a great read, the characters you know and love are back and their backstories and current ones fill out in this beautiful sequel. A compelling book I loved it.
Clark Taylor
Mara
Sep 15, 2019
coby l Weber
Sep 27, 2019

• Dragon Bones (The Dragonwalker #1)
  • Dragon Rise (The Dragonwalker #3)
  • The Queen of Cursed Things (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #1)
  • Cat Cross Their Graves (Joe Grey, #10)
  • Cat on the Money (Joe Grey, #6.5)
  • Cat Breaking Free (Joe Grey, #11)
  • The Empire of Empty Wars (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #3)
  • The King of Burning Skies (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #2)
  • Apprentice of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #1)
  • Curse of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #2)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • Curse of the Fae King (Dark Faerie Court, #1)
  • Winter's Captive (The Lochlann Treaty, #1)
  • Autumn's Reign (The Lochlann Treaty, #4)
  • Summer's Rebellion (The Lochlann Treaty, #3)
  • Spring's Rising (The Lochlann Treaty, #2)
Bernadette Rowley is a lover of epic fantasy who is a veterinarian by day and an author by night. She is currently published in the genre of epic fantasy romance with eight books, all set in her fantasy world of Thorius.
When she was a young teenager, an aunt gave her a copy of The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks and Bernadette has lived in various fantasy worlds ever since. So it’s no surprise

Queenmakers Saga (8 books)
  • Princess Avenger (Queenmakers Saga, #1)
  • The Lady's Choice (Queenmakers Saga, #2)
  • The Lord and the Mermaid (Queenmakers Saga #4)
  • The Elf King's Lady (Queenmakers Saga #5)
  • The Lady and the Pirate (Queenmakers Saga #6)
  • The Master and the Sorceress (Queenmakers Saga #7)
  • Elf Princess Warrior (Queenmakers Saga #8)

News & Interviews