Start by marking “Honor Lost” as Want to Read:
Honor Lost

Honor Lost

(The Honors #3)

Space renegade Zara Cole may have finally met her match. Lifekiller—a creature that can devour entire planets—is spreading terror throughout the universe, and it seems nothing can stand in the monstrous godking’s way.

Reeling from a series of battles, Zara and her wounded band of allies are going to need a strategy before they face Lifekiller again. Zara’s street smarts may
Published February 11th 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Honor Lost, please sign up.
Linaria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Honor Lost
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Terrific ending!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Alaina
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG OMG OMG IT'S HERE AND I HAVE IT. I ALSO LOVED IT!!

Honor Lost was such a fun book! I have loved and devoured each book in this series because they are just so completely and unforgivably good. I love absolutely everything about these characters. It was also interesting to see little loves be together and grow. Ugh, I'm looking at your Bea, Nadim, and Zara.

I ALMOST CRIED HAPPY TEARS GUYS!

Keyword: almost

I'm honestly sad to see this series go. It was so much fun to meet everyone and see these w
Jaye Berry
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection, absolute perfection. When I say this book was exactly what I ever wanted from this series, I'm not kidding. This was seriously everything and I will never get over this.

I've never been blessed this much?? I can't believe I had doubts on where this book would go. I'm not going to get into too many spoils but this is the finale to this massively underrated series. I want to sob thinking about how underrated and unknown these books are because they truly deserve the world.

This is an ama
Linaria
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ya, scifi
If you haven't read the first two books of this series, I will warn you that this review will contain spoilers for this book and the previous books. I will say this spoiler-free though: The Honors series is criminally underrated. Also, to the person that commented on my last review: poly girlxshipxgirl confirmed. So love isn't just for humans anymore. <3

My thanks to Ann Aguirre and Rachel Caine for not teasing us, or being vague. While there aren't explicit smutty scenes or anything, it's appare
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult / Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Honor Lost is the third and final installment in co-authors Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre's The Honors Trilogy. Picking up right where Honor Bound left off, 16-year old Zara Cole, Bea Teixeria, and their Leviathan ship, Nadim are trying to figure out a way to stop Lifekiller from destroying the galaxy. To make things even more dangerous for the crew, they receive a message from Earth accusing Zara and Bea of unlawful occupat
Andy
I freaking love this series so much!!! I am so freaking happy with how everything ended that I could cry all the happy tears.

The Honors series is one of my favorite sci-fi series basically ever and yes that includes counting the masterpiece that is Illuminae. But the characters in The Honors, omg I would die for ALL OF THEM. This series is the ultimate alien craziness and space battle explosions that I love in sci-fi.

Zara Cole and her crew have survived bartering on the Sliver, but after compl
FearMyBotanyPowers
Oh no. Zara's street skills might not be enough to save them from a THANOS-LEVEL THREAT OH MY COTTON SOCKS WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO ...more
Nick
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It kind of felt like a fanfiction to the first two books if that makes sense.
Yels
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, sci-fi, ya, lqbtq
Strong 4 stars for me giving it 5 stars because Caine and Aguirre went for it and I love them for it.

Honor Lost follows Zara, Bea, Nadim, C-X, and the gang from book 1 and 2. They have saved a planet but now the god-king is off somewhere and they are struggling to catch up to him before he destroyed more worlds. Enter Derry who is now an honor and is sent too kill Zara since the Earth drug lord cannot let it go. Men. Anyway, we have space battles and deaths that I did not see coming.

Caine and
Meaghan
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This book only cemented the fact that this is definitely my favorite YA sci-fi series/book. It's just got everything I love in sci-fi (romance! space travel! tons of cool alien species and cultures that actually differ from each other and aren't earth knockoffs!!) I don't get why so many people are just overlooking this series entirely.

The romance in this series is seriously one of my favorite things and grew on me so much, even if it's admittedly a little weird. It's a poly romance of two huma
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 stars

What an ending to this series!

This book is filled with action upon action. When one crisis is averted Zara and her crew have to deal with another threat to the universe.  It’s like they are magnet for danger!

Never before in the series has the situation been so dire and desperate.

Lucky for us, Zara has now gathered many friends from the human honors Yusuf, Marko, Chao-Xing and Beatriz to the aliens Suncross and his crew, the Abyin Dommas Starcurrent. Even the reformed phage Xyll
Kasi
This would be one star but I liked the first two books.

At the end of the day this book is an extended threesome between two teenage girls and a giant space whale as well as a heavy handed, brow beating from two middle aged white women on the importance of asking for pronouns. All of this in a world where humans are so far past common era that they think we eat pumpkins to celebrate fall, (not pumpkin pies, or pumpkin products, just pumpkins), but common day slang is used and Cthulhu is still a r
Aly
This was a good read and I liked how it wrapped up the series, but I was confused for a lot of it. Maybe I should have reread the first two books before starting this. My issue is that there are so many characters and races, plus all these combination names when two or more characters meld together and I couldn't keep them straight. The threesome relationship between Zara, Bea, and Nadim is kind of weird and difficult to truly understand, but I'm all for new types of relationships.

The pacing wa
Shelby
First of all this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to this series, though it does leave potential for more stories within this world. I really loved this whole series. The characters were wonderful and I enjoyed all of them.

Zara, Bea, and Nadim are such a great team. I loved all of them together. They're all young, but they are determined to do the right thing and save the world in the process. There were some crazy twists in this one I didn't see coming. Some them were of the rip your h
Christina
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-top-5
5 stars!!! This is everything I could have ever asked for from the end of one of my favorite trilogies ever, and more. The best of scifi and the best of adventure and the best of romance and the best of action and the best of cultural exploration and the best of friendship and the best of love and the best of soulmates and the best of the universe. Perfection (again, as in book 2, the Earth crime lord seems a little over the top, but hell I've been imagining him like Kingpin and it works and I'l ...more
Laz the Sailor
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
A really strong finish to an intriguing trilogy. Our intrepid heroes combine skill, innovation, and pure luck to overcome some astronomical odds. Some of the established characters have become stale, but some of the new ones are quite intriguing. And then there are those who morphed into something else altogether. Love and courage overcome everything.

Exciting and scary from front to back, take away 1/2 star for some OTT situations and a conclusion that was a bit too perfect.

I will explore more f
Becca
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was such a great conclusion to this trilogy. Always wary when heading into a final book but I wasn't disappointed. The romance worked out exactly as I wanted it to! Zara and Bea sharing their love with Nadim.

There are plenty of touching moments between Zara, Nadim, Bea, Starcurrent, Suncross etc. It's amazing how the writers make you feel so connected to such a range of characters and loads of random aliens.

What really stands out across the series is Zara's character development. She
Mila
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
This was such a nice and satisfying conclusion to a great and unique sci-fi trilogy. The characters and their relationships were especially fascinating, plus Bea and Zara were so cute together! I just wish more people checked out this series, it's criminally underrated, in my opinion. ...more
janel
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AYYYYYYY! Y’all hear that???? That’s the sound of (view spoiler) Imagine me spraying confetti everywhere right about now. (view spoiler)

Space stuff, and sci-fi in general, is INCREDIBLY hit or miss for me. I’ve found that I need a LOT of detail, and when things are “otherworldly,” I can get lost when there isn’t enough description or explanation of th
Kathy Davie
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, young-adult
Third in The Honors science fiction series for Young Adult readers and revolving around Zara Cole and Nadim, a living spaceship.

My Take
For some reason, Honor Lost feels more Young Adult than the previous two stories. It's too conspicuous in its fervor, aided by Caine/Aguirre's use of first person protagonist point-of-view from Zara's perspective. Zara is so over-the-top in her determination to "save the universe" that it's a bit jarring.

The characters have mellowed quite a bit since Honor Amo
Alexandra
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The final book of The Honors series had everything I loved. Action, mystery and a race in time before the last battle and also so much emotion I could feel my heart beating and mourning for the characters. I loved Zara, Nadim and all the assortment of characters that completed this unique, beautiful and diverse story! The romance hooked me from the start as Nadim was pure love and cuteness! I never felt so much love for a huge, whale-like alien bef
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

Although I totally love this series, I found I didn't love this book quite as much as the previous two.

I love all the relationship stuff. I love Zara growing closer and intimate with Bey and Nadim. It's so sweet it makes my teeth ache. I love them and I will defend them to the last. This is a real love triangle, where each of the trio loves and adores each other: none of this possessive 'you must choose' shit. That's why there is a triang
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

This one was much slower than the first two. It actually didn't pick up until about the last quarter of the book, and it makes me sad to say that I was kind of bored with it in the beginning and middle. It was lacking the magic that the first two books held for me - the first because I was introduced to the world of the Leviathan and the epic concept of their bonding, as well as the world; the second because it felt like Aurora Rising/Aurora Burning with epic space travel, interesting new al
Maya
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book since it came out but I kept putting it off. I knew once I got into it it would be sooo good and I was right. Honor Lost really leaned into everything that is so good about this series.

I think my only criticism of this book is that it did feel a little too much like things just kept happening in a disjointed path, but even so the things that happen are all pretty great. It kinda felt like 5 episodes of a TV show leading up to the series finale.

One minor thing I thought was int
Summer
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This conclusion was everything I hoped for by the end of book 1 and more! I laughed out loud, I cried at work during my lunch break (sorry, not sorry coworkers) and I went on an amazing epic adventure!

I honestly haven't read a book that has any f/f action since reading Kim Harrison in highschool but the relationship that developed between f/space whale/f was so beautiful and sweet and not too explicit that it made my straight ass uncomfortable.

I loved the alien races and all the cultural aspec
Kate
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most underrated YA sci-fi series and I love it so much. The series conclusion was so satisfying and I can't find anything I didn't like about it! This installment is nonstop action, but there are still plenty of wonderful character development moments.

I absolutely adore the central ship in this series--f/f/space whale. I've never seen anything like it and the resolution to the relationship was beautiful! Aside from romance, there are many great friendships in this book. Even the andr
Darcy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, 2020, sci-fi, ya
This book brought about a good close to the series. Zara proved that being herself won people over, through kindness and letting people into her life Zara made friends, friends that helped when things became critical and the fate of the world was at stake. That even the Levithan can learn and change, that they can work together to do something big, become something special. I loved the relationship that Zara, Bea and Nadim had and how the 3 of them worked together.

The ending was great, loved th
Caitlin
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A space opera with plenty of aliens (in various levels of friendly to not friendly). Now with more robots!
There's plenty of obstacles to the main goal, and more than a little angst in the effort to get there. Relationships play a big part, in the plot, too.
Lots of working parts, which come together fairly well in the end.
Madam Razz
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how much I LOVE this series. This left me heartbroken, ecstatic, amazed and just heart warmed. You will smile, laugh and scream, It’s basically the perfect space adventure with amazing lizards and space whales all thrown in.
Sandra
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 ½ stars rounded to 4. Honor Lost is the last book in the Honors trilogy. Zara, Bea and Nadine’s story comes to conclusion in the battle with Lifekiller, the planet devouring enemy. I really liked books one and two and the story of book three but it sort of, as the saying goes, “jumped the shark” in Honors Lost. Lots of awkward romance between the three didn’t lend any richness to the story and leaving those parts rather awkward and out of place. The storyline with Zara’s ex and his powerful, a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1)
  • Ogre Enchanted (Ella Enchanted, #0.5)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)
  • All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Feed
  • Binti (Binti, #1)
  • Let It Snow
  • Under Currents
  • Blood of a Phoenix (Nix, #2)
  • Bound (Book of the Ancestor, #2.5)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
  • Hisses and Honey (The Venom Trilogy, #3)
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)

The Honors (3 books)
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)