Start by marking “Little White Lies” as Want to Read:

‘Breathtaking suspense. A phenomenal talent’ HOLLY SEDDON
‘Terrifically engaging’ JO SPAIN
‘Addictive. I couldn’t put it down’ PHOEBE MORGAN
‘A heart-thumping, racing thriller’ CHRISTINA McDONALD

She only looked away for a second…

But seven years later, Abigail is found.

And as A
Published February 4th 2020 by HQ

To ask other readers questions about Little White Lies, please sign up.
Brianna
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Little White Lies
Ceecee
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowza! What a belter of a book! Abigail White has been missing for seven years. Now aged 15, she walks into a police station in London clutching the hand of six year old Tonia Dillon, also missing. She returns home to her mother Anne, stepfather Robert and their twins Laurie and Sam. This should have been a happy reunion but it’s not. What is revealed is a very tense and emotional suspense thriller that keeps your attention throughout. The story is told by Anne, Abigail’s cousin Jess to whom she ...more
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

Little White Lies by Philippa East. (2020).

**Thank you to Harlequin Australia for sending me a free advance readers copy of this novel; published 1 February 2020**

Anne White looked away for a second and her daughter was gone. That happened seven years ago. Now Abigail is coming home and Anne must finally face the truth about what happened the day Abigail disappeared...and face up to the little white lie she told...

I quite enjoyed this
Amanda
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book caught my eye, I had started reading it, before I realised it was about a missing child. It seems like I’m drawn to this topic like a moth to a flame!!

Abigail went missing at the age of 8, when her mother Anne took her eyes off her at the railway station and she disappeared into thin air!!She had been missing for seven years when she walked into a police station with another girl that had also been abducted. The police are still looking for the man who took the girls.

Abiga
Nicki
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh,What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive! Whenever we deceive others,in order to make things better for ourselves in the moment,we deceive ourselves most of all.

It has been seven years since Anne's eight year old daughter Abigail vanished without a trace. Seven years of searching, living for the day that she would be able to hold her beloved daughter in her arms again and with the guilt of what happened on that fateful day in the London tube station.

And now,unbelievably,t
Mandy White
The premise of Little White Lies sounded like a book that I was going to get lost in. I was disappointed. I enjoyed the book but found it dragged in places, jumped about quite a lot without warning and the ending left me confused. It seemed to come out of nowhere and I am not really sure where it all came from.

But in saying that, the main part of the story was good. Abigail White was missing for 7 years. At age 15 she walked into a police station and is turned home. Her family are so happy to ha
Louise Wilson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fifteen year old Abigail is returned to her parents after being held captive for seven years. She had been abducted when she was just eight years old. The fa ily try to bond again. But the secrets behind what happened that day and then there's the guilt of the family members that were involved. Also there is a teenager trying to make sense of what happened that day. At the trial the missing pieces are put together.

This is a hard ook to read but once you start reading, youmwill ot want to put it
Louise Wilson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lynn
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really struggled with this book. I just found it very hard to read, long drawn out and boring with not much happening. It was a bit far fetched and unbelievable. Not for me I'm afraid
Mark
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok

Great idea for a book wherein a 15 year old returns home 8 years after going missing, the return doesn’t go as smoothly as the family expected and it turns out there are 2 secrets as to why
The problem is the 2 secrets are at best underwhelming and at worst totally ridiculous and the other problem is it takes 300 pages to get to them, and its a long 300 pages, one whole chapter was describing redecorating a room and the paints using to do so, the author over described everything ( imo ) and it w
Emma Garland
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
7 years ago Anne White experienced every mother’s nightmare. Her 8 year old daughter disappeared in broad daylight, never to be seen again. Abigail White was pictured leaving the busy train station after being separated from her mother but no other leads were ever found.

On a day like any other Anne receives a phone call from the police station. Abigail has been found. Now 15 Abigail simply walked into the local police station, hand in hand with another young girl. Overjoyed to see her daughter
SecretsOfaBookworm
What did I think?
I have been trying to read more mysterious and exhilarating books so I was certainly grasped by the storyline. For the first section of the book, I felt I was kept on my toes anticipating a huge, coming plot twist.

Thank you so much to HQ stories for sending me this copy to read and review!
Head over to my blog to read the rest of my review on Little White Lies!
Denise
Jul 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This debut work by Philippa East was only okay for me. I've seen lots of great reviews for this one, so take my review for what it's worth, but for me, it barely hit the 3-star mark.

The premise was intriguing - Anne White only looked away for a second, but that’s all it took to lose sight of her 8-year-old daughter, Abigail. Seven years later, Abigail walks into a police station holding the hand of a younger girl, and both girls are returned home to their families. Once Abigail is home, Anne str
Guylou (Two Dogs and a Book)
Little White Lies

📚 Hello Book Friends! LITTLE WHITE LIES by Philippa East is a family drama/mystery about a family whose daughter was adducted when she was eight years old. Seven years later, their daughter is reunited with them and her mother must now face the truth of what really happened on that day she disappeared. The book is well-written, and the characters are realistic. I could feel all the emotions and pains that naturally come to parents who lose a child and the difficulties of reconciliation after a l
Bookread2day
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review on my website. www.bookread2day.wordpress.com. Twitter@bookpage5

I read this in paperback

I thoroughly enjoyed every word every sentence and every chapter. Little White Lies is an incredible first book, that I can see this is going to be a top bestseller. All the characters were buzzing with things they are thinking, saying and then there are some lies, that I’m not going to spill.

Gigi
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you like:

-domestic drama and suspense
-slow burn plot
-multiple POV's

I'm afraid I have to agree with those who didn't enjoy this one! This had great promise, but never really delivered.

Why it didn't work for me:

- While I'm a fan of multiple POV's, I thought having Jess as an MC was awkward.

I think for this one to have really worked and feel like an actual thriller, it needed Abigail's voice and past storyline from the time she was kidnapped.

I liked how the story starts off with a call from the
Shalini
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first complete audiobook, most times I would listen to the first half, then read when the going got thrilling. But I heard this book completely as the author made me completely addicted to it, with my curiosity slowly building up, as I heard every chapter.

Abigail was found after 7 years. She had been taken by someone when the mother Anne's attention was diverted for a split second. Then came the attenuation of Abbie into her family back along with revelation of truths.

My first book
Camila - Books Through My Veins
- thanks to @harlequinaus for sending the copy my way💕

Anne White only looked away for a second, but that’s all it took to lose sight of her young daughter. But seven years later, Abigail is found; and as Anne struggles to connect with her teenage daughter, she begins to question how much Abigail remembers about the day she disappeared…

Little White Lies is classified as 'thriller' in Goodreads, but it did not feel very 'thrilling' at all. The idea of the book was quite interesting: a teenager ret
Bookread2day
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review on www.bookread2day.wordpress.com. Twitter@bookpage5

Abigail went missing at the age of 8, no one ever found her, but Abigail’s mother Anne White, always believed that her daughter would return ho
Christina McDonald
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: domestic
Emotionally taut, poignant and raw, Little White Lies is a beautiful thriller about the bitter cost of lies and the enduring quality of a mother’s love.

The story begins with what usually is the ending for most thrillers: a kidnapped child is returned. And so the story thoroughly and unflinchingly explores the emotions of that return: how do you reconnect with the child you once had; who is the girl in front of you now; and what should you really tell her about the day she disappeared?

Little Whit
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

‘Here she was, my cousin, whose absence had always fallen like a shadow on our friendship. The playmate Lena could never quite replace. Lena had stopped believing she would come home. But here she was, returned. Real.’

Little White Lies is the debut novel from British author Philippa East. A contemporary psychological fiction novel that looks at the return of a kidnapped girl after years away from her family, Little White Lies examines truth, lies, regret, pa
Debbie
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anne White only looked away for a second, but that's all it took to lose sight of her eight year old daughter. While the search for her continued, it was as though she vanished into thin air that day.

Seven years later, miraculously, Abigail is found and is coming home. Now Anne must face exactly what happened that day and the secrets she left behind.

I had no idea what to expect from this one going in, as clearly it involves a missing child. That said, while there was mention of the circumstanc
Escape into a Booksite
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received from Harlequin Australia in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I started this book, I knew there was a secret that was going to come out. The story is written so that you realise that. With that being said, it hooked me from the start, and whilst I didn't really connect with any of the characters, I sure as hell wanted to know what on earth had happened.

The story flicks between the POV of the mother of Abigail, the girl who had been missing for 7 years,
Fully.Booked
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️⭐️.5/5 - I was really looking forward to Little White Lies so I’m a little disappointed that it fell into my ‘just ok’ category😭 The concept was good: missing child returns home to her parents after 7 years, but I spent the majority of this book waiting for something to happen, which in all honesty probably says more about me as a thriller reader than the book lol😳 I had a hard time connecting with the characters so I don’t feel like this will be a memorable read for me. Has anyone else read t ...more
Brooklyn Tayla
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
More of my reviews can be found on my book blog: brooklynthebookworm.wordpress.com

A huge thank you to HarperCollins Australia and Harlequin Books Australia for providing me with an ARC of Little White Lies to read and review, all thoughts are my own.
Little White Lies was quite the thought-provoking read, for me! I feel like Philippa East did a brilliant job of conveying the dark matter that is child abduction into her story, really making me wonder about the family that was really at the centre
Anna ⭐️
Wow! This book was definitely a page-turner for me! So much suspense, I couldn’t put it down!
Though, I’m not giving it 5 stars as there was something missing.. or actually, something too much. The whole of the book Anne, the missing girl’s mum, talks about this terrible secret.. it obviously leaves you wondering and thinking what could this secret be. And then when we finally discover “the secret”, it’s a bit.... disappointing?
It happened to me before with these modern, domestic suspense / thri
Sheri
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked nearly everything about this apart from the bog-standard title. Please, enough with the “Lies” titles, now, publishers!

Anyway, Little White Lies *sigh* has an original premise: Abigail, who disappeared seven years ago when she was just eight years old, is back, walking into a police station one day holding another, younger missing child by the hand. The now fifteen year old Abigail is returned to her family - mum Anne, stepdad Robert and her young twin brothers - but of course it’s not a
Renita D'Silva
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful
Lel Budge
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne, husband Robert and the children were in London visiting Robert’s sick mother, but after a row Anne and the children were making their way alone on the underground. Anne took her eyes off Abigail for a moment and she disappeared. CCTV showed 8 year old Abi, leaving the station but then nothing….she was gone.

8 years later, Abigail walks into a police station with another missing child.

The family are so happy she has come back home, but they don’t know how to behave with her anymore…8 year o
Adele Shea
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t read any reviews before I started this book as I noticed the star rating was a mixed bag. I can honestly say I don’t know how anyone could rate this book less than four stars.
I thought it was fantastic and very much a page turner.
You can not help but feel sympathy for both teenagers after having both their lives turned upside town at the age of eight. You really want them to get that happy ending. The question is, Will They?
Karen
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Everything about this book means I should have loved it but it somehow didn’t do it for me. Already forgotten.

• Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan #8)
  • The Other Daughter
  • Dead to Her
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River #1)
  • A Wedding in December
  • Dear Edward
  • The Stars We Steal
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • Firewatching (Detective Sergeant Adam Tyler #1)
  • We Met in December
  • Your House Will Pay
  • Adults
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Alice Teale is Missing
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Through the Wall
Philippa East grew up in Scotland before moving to Oxford and then London to train as a Clinical Psychologist. A few years ago, she left the NHS and go part-time and dedicate more hours to writing. The result was her debut LITTLE WHITE LIES, which was longlisted for The Guardian's Not The Booker Prize and shortlisted for the CWA "New Blood" Award 2020.

Philippa’s next book SAFE AND SOUND is another