Start by marking “Hangman (Fawkes and Baxter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hangman (Fawkes and Baxter, #2)

Hangman

(Fawkes and Baxter #2)

A detective with no one to trust

A killer with nothing to lose

Detective Emily Baxter is still reeling from the Ragdoll case, and from the disappearance of her friend William “Wolf” Fawkes. Despite her reluctance to jump into another gruesome case, she’s summoned to a meeting of a new FBI/CIA/UK law enforcement task force in New York. There, she is presented with photographs
Published February 11th 2020 by Ecco (first published March 22nd 2018)

Start your review of Hangman (Fawkes and Baxter, #2)
Paromjit
Daniel Cole brings us the sequel to Ragdoll, and it is a surefire adrenaline ride with a phenomenal body count set in New York and London. It is blackly humorous and more than a little over the top bonkers, so providing you are prepared to suspend your disbelief, then this a thrill ride of an action packed read. DCI Emily Baxter is newly promoted and believed to be responsible for the apprehension of Lethaniel Masse, the Ragdoll killer, except she wasn't, Alex Edmunds, now working in Fraud is. ...more
Emma
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Still an amazing 5 on the reread! Now for Endgame....

*******

When I saw that this wasn't going to be a straight follow up to Ragdoll with Wolf in it, I was disappointed. Was I wrong? Hell yes. This is outrageously good and one of the funniest books i've read in ages. If you think that humour doesn't mix with serial murder, you are mistaken, and the proof is right here. Baxter is the Queen of snark and i'm not lying when I say this really is laugh out loud funny. I LOVE her. I'd read about her
Matt
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Daniel Cole is back to continue his thriller series that had readers gasping at the cliffhanger ending. Riding the wave of his debut success, Cole presents this follow-up that appears to lack the intensity and grit of DS William Fawkes’ initial case. With Fawkes away and on the lam, all eyes turn to newly-promoted Detective Chief Inspector Emily Baxter. While the Ragdoll killer is safely locked away, the case lingers and everyone remains on edge. When a call come in from New York City, where a ...more
Phrynne
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
In a very brave move on the part of the author this book is written entirely about only one member of the series title. Baxter carries the whole story, with the help of a cast of characters some old some new, and Wolf (Fawkes) is off somewhere on the run. At first I must admit I missed him but once things hot up there is no time to worry about individuals!

Baxter has a new temporary partner in Rouche who is suitably strange and matches her for black humour. As was the case in Ragdoll the book
Sandy

Sooo….book #2. A daunting task, particularly when the first one was a huge hit. But this author really upped the ante by leaving out his popular MC William “Wolf” Fawkes & switching the focus to another character.

That would be DCI Emily Baxter. She worked the Ragdoll case with Fawkes & is still reeling from the fallout. To make matters worse, her professional life is a nightmare. Fawkes is AWOL, former colleague Edmunds transferred to Fraud & she got promoted. She just wants
Lisa
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
Hangman by Daniel Cole is a dark gritty novel that gets you in from start to finish the pacing is right up there & the characters are well written, the conjecture between Emily Baxter & her new partner Rouche was utter magic they really stood by each other no matter what both had each others backs. There are new characters introduced as well as old I loved every nimute it is over the top at times but that made it just more entertaining.

You see Baxter's soft side especially when one of
Liz Barnsley
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ha ha I LOVED this again. Despite the strangely ridiculous storylines both this and Ragdoll are WILDLY entertaining. Everything you want when you like a rather dark edge to your reading but also want to have a giggle. Hangman was very vividly dark, but also occasionally laugh out loud funny. The hotel room and the spider…I’m just saying.

I can’t give it anything less than a highly recommended tag because I banged through it, grasshopper on acid fashion, both laughing and grimacing along the way.
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Hangman is one heck of a book. I admit I must be living under a rock or something because I have not read Daniel Cole's first in this series, the ever popular Ragdoll. Let me tell you this certainly can be read as a stand alone. The author does a fantastic job of filling in the blanks and getting you up to speed.

Chief Inspector Emily Baxter and Special Agent Rouche are defiantly the stars of this show. These two will do anything to crack this case. I do mean anything. You will know what I mean
Stephen Robert Collins
Set in a Flashback in 2015 18 months after Ragdoll who is now prisoner. This a sequel & it's not because it is a different person - DCI Emily Baxter & Agents Curtis female & Rouche male a Mulder & Scully style FBI because part is in New York & part in London were police are murdered BAIT & PUPPET is carved into there chests.
My first thing I don't like about this is you CANNOT READ THIS WITHOUT READING RAGDOLL as the name of the murder in Ragdoll is in this .
This good
Kirsty ❤️
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had really high hopes for this book as Ragdoll was one of my favourite books of last year. It took me a chapter to get into the story but after that it didn't disappoint.

In my review of Ragdoll I wondered how they were going to continue after the conclusion of that book and the answer was to focus on Emily Baxter. William Fawkes is barely mentioned throughout and so we have a whole new cast of characters as the book flips between London & New York.

We have crazed killers, mysterious cult
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

I was so excited to read the follow up to the hugely successful Ragdoll - and Hangman, the second in the Detective William Fawkes series, definitely doesn't disappoint! Much like the first, it's a rollercoaster of a ride of tension, mystery and general craziness as the focus turns to Baxter this time, and a string of gory murders in the US which have worryingly familiar elements to them...

I have to say, at first I was a little worried that I wouldn't get to
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
I loved Ragdoll, the first book in this series, so I was delighted to be able to read and review Hangman. I had been dying to read it from the moment I finished Ragdoll, and its safe to say it was worth the wait. Hangman was just as good, if not better.

Focusing on DCI Emily Baxter in this one, she’s called to investigate a copycat murder. A body found hanging, with BAIT carved into its chest, in America. When another body turns up, this time with PUPPET carved into the chest, it becomes a race
Helga
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, mystery, crime, series
The sky is falling...

The first thing I thought as soon as I finished the book was: WOW! I want more!
The second thing I thought was: I should read Ragdoll again!
What a tense and satisfying read this was!

A deadly game of cat and mouse. A macabre tale of murder and mayhem; parallel killings in two cities. London and New York are on high alert as bodies are being hanged as puppets and baits. But who is the puppeteer? Who is pulling the strings? And who are his next victims?
RG
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5*

I absolutely loved Ragdoll. The humor, the quick fast paced writing, Wolfs character and the trills. I feel like this was just missing everything that hooked me in book 1. Wolf isnt the main character, and Emily becomes the main focus with crimes in both NYC/London. The crimes are just as gruesome, the writing just as easy to read, however the plot just felt a little meh. It just didnt work for me. The humour was still there. I feel like Cole knows that he's writing a novel thats over the
Stephen Robert Collins
This the copy of Hangman I got of Libuary
Amy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
4.5/5

I guess this is the summer of highly anticipated series for me, I feel like I’ve read several second installments lately and they’ve all lived up to their predecessors, which is always so fantastic! Ragdoll was the first book and it absolutely blew me away, from it’s gripping prologue to it’s massive cliffhanger ending, I loved every single page. So if you haven’t read the first book, I highly recommended it and then you won’t have long to wait to read this one.

This book had a slightly
Mandy White
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
2.5 stars maybe.. it started off really good but it just dragged on and I got bored and ended up not caring! i loved book 1 so I am really disappointed by this one. Just didnt keep me interested.. even with the horrifically gruesome murders
Susan
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having enjoyed, “Ragdoll,” I was curious to see whether Daniel Cole could come up with something as good for that difficult sequel. I am pleased to report that he has – this is an intelligent, well written thriller, with excellent characters, a fast moving plot, and a great dose of dark humour.

There are some characters from “Ragdoll,” who we meet again. Emily Baxter is now a Detective Chief Inspector, one of the youngest female chief inspector’s in the Metropolitan Police, but finding her new
Gabriel Blake
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hangman was a good, enjoyable read. Did I miss Wolf not being in the story until the very end, after the finale? Not at all. DCI Emily Baxter, along with Special Agent Elliot Curtis from the FBI and Special Agent Damien Rouche from the CIA handled the story very well without him. I must not forget to mention the trusted and ever reliable Alex Edmunds.

The US Agents are in the UK to follow up on a possible copycat Ragdoll killing in the states and want to talk to The Ragdoll Killer, Lethaniel
Laura Rash
I wanted to like this one as much as Ragdoll but it just didn’t cut it for me. Baxter kept wearing on my nerves & it just didn’t seem as edgy as the first book. I will probably read more in this series just to read more about Wolf.
Tasha Mahoney
This is the second book in the series and I advise you to read Ragdoll first to fully appreciate this book and because it is brilliant.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hangman. Well written, faced paced and crime thriller that kept me guessing right to the end and then a shocking conclusion!
Baxter journeys between this UK and US thriller and there is so much going on that your mind will spin. You don't know which country the killer/ Killers will strike next, but you do know that when the body of the
Christine
Having loved Ragdoll last year, I had high expectations of the follow up Hangman. Daniel Cole resurrects his winning formula of black humour, with gory crimes to churn your stomach.

The story focuses on Emily Baxter this time, with the heroic William ‘Wolf’ Fawkes only getting the occasional mention. Baxter has been promoted to DCI, for her work on the infamous case. A man has been found hanging from Brooklyn Bridge with a carving on his chest ‘bait’. This is the start of a deliberate campaign,
KC
It's been 18 months since the Ragdoll murders and DCI Emily Baxter and team have been trying to move on. With a new case at hand, Baxter ends up working in tandem with the CIA and the FBI to stop a serial killer who has been crossing the pond branding his victims as PUPPET and BAIT. This is a fast paced thrill ride loaded with tons of action and great detail to character development. Daniel Cole is on the track to becoming a grand slam player with the likes of Karin Slaughter and M.J. Arlidge.
Annie
O__O

Last year, I read and thoroughly enjoyed Ragdoll by Daniel Cole. It was a great and unique police procedural that made a difference because of the way the story progressed. By the time I finished reading it, I deeply admired Daniel Cole’s ability to craft such a unique storyline.

I didn’t know what to expect from Hangman, but the early reviews seemed promising enough. And while I wasn’t sure how I felt during the first few pages (confused, for sure), I soon became so engrossed in the story
Eva
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hangman is the second book in the Detective William Fawkes series, although that’s slightly misleading as it’s not exactly been a well-kept secret that *gaps*, he’s not actually in it. Shock, horror! Still, don’t let that put you off as Hangman is brilliant and you really don’t want to miss out, do you? No, you don’t.

It’s been eighteen months since events in the previous book, Ragdoll. Which I’m sure you’ve all read by now. If not, for crying out loud get your act together! Personally, I don’t
LaShana
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2019
I finished it.
Linda Richardson
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I decided to post my thoughts and chose leave a review after reading the advance e-copy 5 chapter sampler I received courtesy of Net Galley. Thank you to Orion, the Publisher for sending this book to me and giving me an opportunity to read it before the publication date. I’ll definitely be purchasing a copy of the Kindle once it’s released in the US.
Petra
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 rounded up.
Jacob Collins
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of my reviews can be found at: https://hookedfrompageoneblog.wordpre...

I was a huge fan of Daniel Cole’s debut novel, Ragdoll which I read last year. Now, a year later, he has returned with Hangman. Daniel Cole’s second novel is a highly entertaining read which I flew through. I would warn however, especially if you haven’t previously read Ragdoll, that Daniel Cole’s books are not for the faint hearted.

Eighteen months on from the Ragdoll murders which shocked the world, the police have had
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

Firstly, you unequivocally need to have read the first book, Ragdoll before you even consider reading Hangman. The events and ramifications of Ragdoll are integral to Hangman and anyway, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you picked up this book without reading the previous book as it’s a sweet read and it is fucking awesome.

For those hoping for another story centred around
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)
  • A Gift for Dying
  • Down to the Woods (Helen Grace #8)
  • Die Opfer, die man bringt
  • The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • Lazarus (Joona Linna, #7)
  • The Collector (The Bone Collector, #2)
  • Love Me Not (Helen Grace, #7)
  • Annabelle (Charlie Lager, #1)
  • Broertje
  • Aan jou de keuze
  • Hide and Seek (Helen Grace, #6)
  • Dark Water (Detective Erika Foster, #3)
  • Meisje van me
  • Kallbrand (Rönning & Stilton, #5)
  • The Chestnut Man
  • Guess Who
  • Hunting Evil (Robert Hunter, #10)
At 33 years old, Daniel Cole has worked as a paramedic, an RSPCA officer and most recently for the RNLI, driven by an intrinsic need to save people or perhaps just a guilty conscience about the number of characters he kills off in his writing.

He has received a three-book publishing and television deal for his debut crime series which publishers and producers describe as “pulse-racing” and “

Fawkes and Baxter (5 books)
  • Ragdoll (Fawkes and Baxter, #1)
  • Endgame (Fawkes and Baxter, #3)
  • Fawkes and Baxter Box Set (Fawkes and Baxter, #1-2)
  • Fawkes and Baxter Box Set (Fawkes and Baxter, #1-3)