Start by marking “The Mercenary Code (The Shattering of Kingdoms Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Mercenary Code (The Shattering of Kingdoms Book 1)

The Mercenary Code (The Shattering of Kingdoms Book 1)

Break the Code. Shatter the World.

Centuries ago, the murder of a beloved king tore apart the Kingdom of Caledun. The land was plunged into chaos and thousands perished in the aftermath. A new order was established in an attempt to return Caledun to its former glory. It failed, but in its place rose the beginnings of the Code.

During this same period, the mystical caretake
Kindle Edition
Published May 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Mercenary Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mercenary Code

WS_BOOKCLUB
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

This book had its pros and cons. At first it moved very slowly, to the point where I got bored. There was a lot of setup, which I’m used to in this sort of fantasy book, but it was a bit of an info dump, which I was not a fan of. It felt very unnatural and was too much all at once.

However, once this book got going, it had a Tad Williams (the author of To Green Angel Tower) feel to it, in that it was a well t
Seraphia
The Mercenary Code is the beginning of an epic fantasy series by Emmet Moss. The author introduces readers to a world torn apart by war, mysterious creatures that hide in the darkness of the woods, and a forest that is ever encroaching and destroying everything in its path.
The author starts this story off with a thrilling scene set by wild animals and a man who engages in a fight that seems to spell his end because he is sorely outnumbered by enemies. Then the story shifts to other characters -
Akshat Shah
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say I enjoyed this book. The characters are really developed, the world is diverse, and the story is interesting. I didn’t feel bored at any point and probably could have finished the book in a day if life didn’t get in the way. The one criticism I have is that I can’t read the second book in the series because it’s not out yet (I guess that’s not really a fault on this book, but I want more of the story). The second book does come out fall of this year, according to the author no ...more
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic fantasy

This has everything I love about great fantasy, well-written characters whose journey I can become invested in and top-notch world building. The prologue caught my attention and by the middle of chapter one I was hooked. I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book, this is keeper-shelf material for sure.

RABT Book Tours and PR
Joshua Kane
Jun 14, 2019
Robert
Jun 16, 2019
Emmet Moss lives in Canada with his family and cat. He is a sports enthusiast and an avid reader of fantasy and science fiction. The Mercenary Code is the first installment of his Shattering of Kingdoms epic fantasy series. Book two, The King’s Guard, is set for release in Fall 2019.