Start by marking “The castor oil rig tales” as Want to Read:
The castor oil rig tales

The castor oil rig tales

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The marine creatures had found sanctuary at the base of the old Gulf of Mexico oil rig. They thought they were safe from the destructive presence of man. But now humans had discovered their new haven. Would they be forced to flee again? Or could they band together and fight to save their new home?
The Castor Oil Rig Tales is a collection of twelve stories, told through the
Published May 5th 2019 by AzBukiVeri LLC, Publishing agency

To ask other readers questions about The castor oil rig tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The castor oil rig tales

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The castor oil rig tales
Francois
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to any child's book collection! Younger kids will love the beautiful illustrations by marine scientist Jessica, and older ones will enjoy reading Sue's charming tale about nature's reconquest of an abandoned oil rig. Along the way, they will learn how underwater creatures struggle to overcome the obstacles humans throw their way, and even pick up a few Cajun French phrases. Highly recommended!
Jessica Kendall-Bar
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It was my pleasure to bring the characters of Sue's story to life through illustration. The story brought tears to my eyes more than once and filled my heart with joy as I was let into the civilization of Castor Oil Rig. It was so much fun to animate the faces of the sea creatures I have loved and studied throughout my scientific career. I tried my best to make a shrimp seem shy, a barracuda seem friendly, and a young sea turtle beam with naive optimism. Enjoy!
Joy Epstein
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently completed reading Castor Oil Rig Tales to my 6 1/2 year old grandson. It was a wonderful experience reading him a chapter each day and then discussing the new sea creatures from that chapter. We even picked up a few French words and looked up their meanings. The book was a wonderful childrens book but it was enjoyable to me as well.

Starting with the oil spill causing the sea creatures to find a new home to giving multiple examples of how the environment impacts the fish population
Chris
added it
Nov 11, 2019
An English teacher at my high school in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania took an interest in the assignments I produced for his class and encouraged me to keep writing. I was to have a forty-three year career as a medical technologist at the Altoona Hospital laboratory before I took him seriously. My life may seem odd kindling for a story about sea creatures in the Gulf of Mexico. But not really. My ...more

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...