Start by marking “Mind Games: An ABC Sci-Fi Mystery for Young Adults” as Want to Read:
Mind Games: An ABC Sci-Fi Mystery for Young Adults

Mind Games: An ABC Sci-Fi Mystery for Young Adults

Action and suspense await the reader in this young adult sci-fi mystery…

When Della’s foster father is murdered, she leaves their tough life of
the Dark Domes on the planet Sanctuary, vowing to find his killer. The
fourteen-year-old girl learns to use her psi powers and makes new friends
among normals, humans as well as ETs and androids, all of them helping
her with her q
Kindle Edition
Published May 11th 2019 by Carrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mind Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Games

Start your review of Mind Games: An ABC Sci-Fi Mystery for Young Adults
Koeur
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rating: 1.8/5

Review: I guess teens could get into this, but it is a stretch to think so. And wtf is up with that cover art?

The foreshadowing is rampant as are the deus ex events that conspire to render a simplistic story line. Add in a huge dose of super speshully Della with “enormous budding PSI powers on top” and the recipe is set.

Not much to say here what with a novella length feature.
Rigel
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star, sci-fi
DNF at 10%, so 1 star.
I have stopped forcing myself to read books that I don't like, and this one didn't make the cut.
I get that the main character (Della?) is 14 and this is a book aimed at a younger audience, but the writing was absurdly juvenile, stilted, and all tell and no show. This is the way I used to write when I was 13 and writing Percy Jackson fanfiction (and trust me, it was bad).
Nothing was happening (I know I was only 10% in, but we have been on the same topic in the same room for
Seraphia
Mind Games is a fast-paced sci-fi mystery novel. The author jumps right into the story with Della coming "home" to find her foster father dead on the floor. She's numb from the shock of this because while they live in the Domes murder is a rare thing. She knows that he has a past, but she never once thought that it was something worth being killed over. She's immediately determined to find out who killed him, why and is more than willing to break the promise she once made to him to not use her p ...more
Lee
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one is a good sci-fi mystery. Della is a young girl, who has to find out what happened to the man who raised her, Ferdie. She is on a distant planet with few humans, and she is the exception, being able to psychically read peoples' minds. She also can do various other unusual things. The story, at first is a little hard to follow with all the different alien activities and places. But then, as Della is captured and transported to Earth, it gets easier to to read and more interesting. I like ...more
Carlynne Toomey
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was not my favorite story, but it was a fast read and kept my interest throughout. The author has developed an interesting story world and his characters are likeable although not as well developed as they could be. There was a lot of foreshadowing and not much action in some areas, but tons in other areas. If you like YA Sci Fi, this book is for you.

Pat Eroh
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An awesome, fast-paced story that will compel you from the first page to read all of the way through. And so difficult to put down! There are such wonderful characters in this story you become invested in their adventures and their well-being. I highly recommend this!!

Rebecca
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book not only for young adults, but for everyone. It has a wonderful story line that keeps you turning the pages to find out what happens next. It is a wonderfully thrilling Journey following a young girl and her Quest. Her multitude of experiences and how she handles them make this an excellent book. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book and exchange for a free copy.
MayorEmma
I received an arc of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I liked:
-Not everyone was evil
-Creepy mineshaft thing? awesome!

Didn't like so much:
-There seemed to be a lot of bouncing around and nothing much seemed to happen in a lot of parts.

Overall, this was an average book for me, okay, but not good enough to reread.
Destiny Brown
Livvy
Mar 12, 2021
Sinead
May 21, 2019

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
  • The Watch That Ends the Night
  • Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
  • Le monde à l'envers (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #4)
  • Championne (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #5)
  • Ça déménage ! (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #6)
  • Un été chez ma grand-mère (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #3)
  • Plein de secrets (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #7)
  • Les pieds sur terre (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #8)
  • Extraterrestre... ou presque! (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #1)
  • Sur le point de craquer ! (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • The Siren
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)
I am a collaborator of the American author Steven M. Moore. We met at Blarney Castle in Ireland (appropriate, don't you think?). After a wee bit of chatting there and emails to and fro, I signed on to be his collaborator for all his YA books. I love writing for young adults and adults who are young at heart. Some people think I'm related to that great Irish harpist and singer, Turlough O'Carolan, ...more