Start by marking “Behind The Lens” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Behind The Lens

Behind The Lens

Behind The Lens is a book written by 15 year old author Nasirah Kathrada. The book is a collection of poems which speak about social issues such as Middle Eastern refugees and African street kids.

""The words are very powerful and deep in meaning, It covers all the major themes in the troubled regions. The depth of it is further enhanced by the fact that it's
Paperback, Large print, 46 pages
Published February 23rd 2019 by Artson Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Behind The Lens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind The Lens

Start your review of Behind The Lens
Meg Orton
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before I begin to discuss this book of poetry that was kindly sent to me by the author herself, I believe it necessary that I admit not knowing nearly enough about the human tragedies and the wars that this book is centered on. This is a book of poetry chronicling the lives and deaths of people, but mostly children that have suffered unbelievable atrocities in wars that are still ongoing. It is worth noting that the poems are written about Syria, which has been involved in a war since 2011, ...more
Chaahat Jain
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
After reading the poems on children of Syria, Palestine and all those unfortunate street kids i knew these were not mere poems made out of words but these were the emotions. I felt so vulnerable. I wish more and more people could read this poetry book because my heart goes out to all those kids who are just trying to make it through another day without being killed.
Triston
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful. Nasirah has a gift with words, it isn't very often that someone is able to make you feel so much with one sentence! The poems are beautifully crafted, and brutally honest! From tears in my eyes to goosebumps running down my spine! An important and cautionary collection of poems critical for our time! Highly reccomend you pick this one up, it's quick read that packs a heavy punch! And the author is a beautiful human being that I am privileged to know!
Michaela
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Heart-breakingly good. Each poem tugs at your heart-strings and helps bring to light issues that are going on in the world that we sometimes don't notice or take much care for. Excellent read for anyone.
Nas
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing
Nas
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Nasirah Kathrada
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Faheema Gaffoor
May 26, 2019
Soniya Kapoor
Jun 03, 2019
Nasirah Kathrada
Jun 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gayle
Oct 19, 2019
Elisha
Nov 14, 2019

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
  • Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4)
  • Jemima Small Versus the Universe
  • The Old Drift
  • Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once, #2)
  • Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King, #1)
  • A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea: One Refugee's Incredible Story of Love, Loss, and Survival
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
  • Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)
  • How to Be Luminous
  • The Choice Between Us
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (The Junior Novelization)
  • Wreck This Journal
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (The Junior Novelization)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest