Start by marking “Hideaway” as Want to Read:

Hideaway

Caitlyn Sullivan, a daughter of Hollywood royalty, was already a star at ten, but still loved to play hide-and-seek with her cousins at the family home in Big Sur. It was during one of those games that she disappeared.

Despite her glamorous
Expected publication: May 26th 2020 by Piatkus

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: May 26, 2020
    Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including SHELTER IN PLACE, YEAR ONE, COME SUNDOWN, and many more. ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 6409 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 06 - Jan 20, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Hideaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideaway

Start your review of Hideaway
    Tonya
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Suspense and romance wrapped up in a finding yourself novel that kept my interest. The whole family was super interesting - each family member had its own share of secrets and mystery..the kind of person you want as a friend and the type of person you want to spend more time with.
    Kmleeh
    Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    This is another strong entry in the Nora Roberts collection of stories. Once again, Roberts proves she knows how to create and build families and settings. I absolutelyl loved reading about the Sullivan family and Dillon's family ranch. She details each setting and character so well, you are drawn into them. The only thing keeping this work from a ten is that the romance portion of the book was weak. It doesn't come in until towards the end and feels a bit too easy and predictable. The end of ...more
    MAB  LongBeach
    More suspense than romance--although it's a satisfying romance--and more of a family story than either.

Cate Sullivan's life changed when she was kidnapped as a child. Her mother's continuing betrayal shapes her life, as does her remaining, close-knit family, and the good friends who helped her. After a number of false starts, she finds her place--and true love.

Recommended.
    Sallie
    Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Thank you to Edelweiss+ for an advanced reader copy of this book for an honest review.

First I have to say that I love Nora Roberts. I've read most of her books. Hideaway was not a disappointment at all. The story starts out with the kidnapping of Cate at the age of 10 at a Sullivan family get together. It follows Cate through her life as she deals with the day she was kidnap and who was behind the kidnapping. The trauma that happened after the terrifying ordeal.

What I found interesting about
    Whitney Pergram
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    A BIG THANK YOU to Macmillan Publishers/St. Martin's Press for the ARC of Hideaway by Nora Roberts, expected to be published May 2020. Nora Roberts has done it again. Fans of her suspense thrillers will find a new favorite in Hideaway. From the publisher: A family ranch in Big Sur country and a legacy of Hollywood royalty set the stage for Nora Roberts’ emotional new suspense novel.

Judith A
    Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The beginning of the book grabbed your attention and keep your heart rate up. Almost as good as Ms Roberts book, “The Witness”. You could feel the panic in Cates chest and the descriptions of her planning her escape and running for help, you just wanted to get in the book and assist her.

Unfortunately, I felt the middle of the book lagged on and on until Cate moved back to her grandparents estate. There was a brutal attack of a boyfriend that came out of nowhere and in my opinion didn’t really
    Natalie
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Received an ARC courtesy of the publisher via Edelweiss in return for an honest review.

I liked the story overall. I agree with other reviewers that it was more of a suspense tale than a romance. It seemed to follow a pattern of Nora Robert's more recent stand-alones. Trauma in childhood. A glimpse at middle years. Then a large portion devoted to a period of time in adulthood where things get resolved.

(view spoiler)
    Genny
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: giveaways, t-2020
    This won't be published until the end of May, making it the perfect summer beach read! I won an ARE (thank you GoodReads Giveaways) making it a fun book to read on icy cold days dreaming of beach weather.

It's Nora Roberts doing what she does best. An intricate family tale, with good vs bad. Of course good wins out at the end, with several reminders throughout to be kind to one another, family matters, and that a hearty homemade meal is a wonderful thing for both body and soul.

Put this on your
    Tracy
    Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I received the digital copy from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

As with Ms. Roberts’ book Shelter in Place, Hideaway takes place over a course of many years. While I liked nearly all of the the book, the ending fell a little flat. I would have also liked Aidan’s character to have a little more depth after Charlotte, as well.

I love how she created two families with strong ties: the Sullivans, who regardless of fame and fortune, drop everything when one is in need and the Coopers, who
    Bethany
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I am a huge Nora Roberts fan so I was super excited to get this as a give away from #stmartinpress via Goodreads! I couldn’t put it down - it is a must read!

Excellent read with tons of twists and turns! And of course ended with love! Nora did an excellent job with all of the characters & their individual story lines while keeping them intertwined as well!
    Christine Moore
    Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: edelweiss
    Nora Roberts is the queen of romantic suspense! This is another good book that has lots of good characters, beautiful scenery, and lots of twists and turns. I received an advanced readers copy and all opinions are my own.
    Tamara
    Review to come.

Quick thoughts:

Good story. Kept me flipping pages!
    Michelle Cable
    Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Received a digital copy from Edelweiss.
    Megan  (The Moody Mama Reads)
    Review to come...
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Martina ♥ ♥ ♥
    Blurb:

Despite her glamorous background, Cate was a shrewd, scrappy survivor, and she managed to escape her abductors. Callan Cooper was shocked to find
    Leigha
    RTC closer to publication.
    Mellany Maddux
    Jenny
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nora Roberts Grou...: * Hideaway (May 26, 2020) 6 27 Jan 01, 2020 11:16AM

• The Honey-Don't List
    • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
    • Hey, Kiddo
    • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
    • Good Guy (Rookie Rebels #1)
    • After Sundown
    • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    • The Sun Down Motel
    • Met Her Match
    • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
    • The Candy Cane Caper (Culinary Mystery, #13)
    • Murder with Cherry Tarts (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #4)
    • Address For Murder (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #2)