Start by marking “Fleeting Moments” as Want to Read:
Fleeting Moments

Fleeting Moments

Maya is floundering. She’s stuck in a dead-end job, is isolated from family and friends, and her father—the only person to ever truly understand her—has been gone four years. When her boyfriend leaves her for another woman, the rocky foundations of Maya’s life crumble to dust, and she sinks even further into the pit of grief and despair.

Until she meets him. Sam
ebook
Published July 11th 2019 by Aquiver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fleeting Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleeting Moments

Start your review of Fleeting Moments
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Author Rania Battany poses some thought provoking questions in her novel, Fleeting Moments. An emotional story that packs a punch, Fleeting Moments considers the impact of loss, heartbreak, family estrangement, loneliness, career crisis and uncertainty.

Imagine if your life was at its lowest point and all you have to keep going are the ‘fleeting moments’. These glimpses of hope and happiness are what drives Maya, the
Helen
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
People grieve in so many different ways, and some find it a lot harder to get through, this is a story that sees one woman climb up from her dark feelings with the help of someone who is positive, fun and loving, this book is a page turner and the first I have read from this author and it won’t be the last.

We meet Maya in this story, Maya has a brilliant mathematical mind and the one person who truly knew her was her father and he has been gone for four years now, and when her boyfriend of six
Dottie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully tender story of how Maya deals with all the highs and lows life hands her. She is truly not the usual cut and dried girl, she really has some serious flaws. These flaws come from having difficulty dealing with grief and the loss of a love. She finds trust hard to come by and when Sam enters her life she is hesitant to give him a chance. Sam is such an amazing character you fall in love with him and his funny ways of trying to help Maya and can't do anything but hope she finall ...more
Marika
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
-I was given an advance copy in exchange for an honest review-
Such an interesting protagonist! Maya was so different to your ‘usual’ female lead- I really hated her sometimes haha she was infuriating! But I love a good ‘anti-hero’ and really found myself rooting for her to sort her shit out!
I really love how much self awareness and introspection the author shapes her characters with- it gives them more dimension than your ‘typical’ contemporary chick-lit, and I like that!
Libby M Iriks
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I was blown away after reading FLEETING MOMENTS. I laughed and cried my way through it, and lost count of the times I sat with a stupid grin on my face because of how cute Sam is. I think I fell a little bit in love with him!

On a personal level, Maya’s journey resonated with me deeply in so many ways. She is seriously flawed—not your typical female protagonist at all, which I found so refreshing. Though despite her flaws, I could not help but root for her. At times, I thought there w
Andrea
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this author's first book This Is Kaylah so was excited to be given an advance copy of the author's second book Fleeting Moments to read and review. Such an interesting range of emotions due to the main character Maya's flaws (author's words) and I found her manner and actions difficult - without realising the extent of my own engagement in dislike of her behaviour. I would like to have been able to shake some sense into her (in a non-violent way of course!) However those around ...more
Nas Dean
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FLEETING MOMENTS by author Rania Battany is a July 2019 release by Aquiver Publishing.

Maya was devastated when her boyfriend left her for another woman. She never got on well with her mom. She felt her mom never understood her. And she was not one to come close to another person easily. So she kept a wall around her feelings as a buffer. But meeting Sam has changed her.

Could she let Sam come close to her? Dare she trust him not to hurt her? And then in walks her past in h
Jessica
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book, I couldn’t decide whether I loved or was irritated by Maya. She is definitely not your typical protagonist in a romance novel and I admire how the author crafted her in a way that highlights her everyday, “not so perfect”, girl next door character.

The journey that Maya goes on is one that many can relate to and most people would connect and empathise to the challenges she is overcoming in her life. It is a “real” story and it was wonderful to read this book for it’s aut
AJReads
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fleeting Moments by Rania Battany is hard to put down. Maya has never really got on with her mother, lost touch with her sister and the only one who really understood her, her father, died years ago. Now her boyfriend has walked out on her for another woman. All alone now, a work colleague convinces her to come to her exercise class after work. There she meets Sam the fitness instructor. They are attracted to each other but can she trust anyone again. This leads Maya on a journey of healing with ...more
Janie Evans
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In "Fleeting Moments" by Rania Battany there is so much happening in the story. Maya's life is pretty much a mess, but Sam brings in a positive message. Even when Maya thinks things will finally work out for her past finds a way to squeeze in on that happiness. Really enjoyed this book so many emotions going on that I couldn't put it down.
Susan Walker
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Fleeting Moments was an emotional read. Maya's struggle with having to deal with the death of someone she loves with all of her heart and how it impacts on other relationships in her life. Absolutely loved Sam's positivity. The further I read into this story, the more I could relate it to things in my own life.

Well done Rania. I thoroughly enjoyed this and look forward to reading more from you.
Michael Reid
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What A great book! Such a compelling story of love & loss that I could not put down . Parts of this book evoked great emotion some sad and some joyful but always entertaining. I can not recommend it enough.
Helen
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy by the author in exchange of an honest review. This book was beautifully written and heart breaking at times. Maya's journey to healing is real and relatable. I love the chemistry between her and Sam. Such a beautiful read.
Natalia
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It had me laugh, tearful, frustrated & grateful. As soon as I would be upset with Maya I'm reminded of the real pain she struggles with. Battany did well to sustain this throughout the book. A relatable book that kept me engaged till the end.
Rychelle Clark
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Maya is a broken young girl who suffers a lot of heartache. The way the author takes you on her journey through utter despair to slowly finding her feet and happiness again is so well done. Although it's an emotional journey, it's one I can certainly relate to and finding hope in dark times and learning to love again is imperative. Couldn't put this book down! Can't wait to see what else this author produces. Love her books!! Thanks again Rania
Stacie Palframan
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of Fleeting Moments, by Rania Battany, in exchange for an honest review.

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a book from cover to cover in one sitting, Maya’s story kept the pages turning till the very end. An emotion packed tale of love & loss.

I thoroughly enjoyed Fleeting Moments, I felt connected to the characters & was blissfully swept away into another world for hours on end. An easy read, with a story that flows beautifully.
marlin1
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I was keen to read this book because I love an emotional read it had lots of positive reviews. I read it, I finished it (I have no guilt about putting books aside) but I did have problems with Maya’s character.
Most of this stems from her treatment towards her Mother, I felt it was atrocious, with her verbally volatile and hurtful. Yes, I get she had a special relationship with her father and he died....four years earlier. He understood her but her mother didn’t but he had also told her ‘that he
Susan Swiderski
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The writing in this book is very good, and the story is well-told, but I had a hard time feeling much empathy for the "heroine" of the story. However, I suspect that my perspective of Maya's behavior may possibly be age-related. When she behaves atrociously toward her mother, who happens to be younger than I am, I'm much more inclined to sympathize with Mom than I am with Maya.

I get that she's grieving for her father, who's been gone for four years, but her egocentric behavior, cruel
Linda Smirnow
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i was given an advanced copy of Fleeting Moments for an honest review and what a heart felt story of a woman who goes through so much in her life, alot of people can relate to the main charachter in so many ways and it is complete thanks to the author, it is hard to be captured by a story that an author is so hard trying to tell but the way that Rania has you feeling every emotion is shere talent, I laughed and cried with Maya and at times i even screamed at my tablet while i was reading. i enjo ...more
Emma
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Where do I begin? This book made me laugh and cry. It took me an such an emotional journey and I loved every minute of it. Maya is unique. She is flawed, and my goodness was it refreshing to not read about a perfect, kickass female lead. Sam is absolutely beautiful. I loved watching their relationship unfold, how he found a way to reach her and to help her reconnect with herself and the people in her life. A beautiful story.
mj rollett
Cheryl Timms
Aug 15, 2019
Amanda
Jul 28, 2019

• Fast Lane (Calhoun Customs Garage, #2)
  • Take Me Home (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn Book 1)
  • Swept Away by the Venetian Millionaire (Destination Brides #2)
  • A Secret, a Safari, a Second Chance (Destination Brides #4)
  • Second Chance with the Best Man
  • Beyond the Horizon
  • Falling for the Secret Princess
  • The Maid's Spanish Secret
  • Their One-Night Twin Surprise
  • Demanding His Desert Queen (Royal Brides for Desert Brothers #2)
  • Surgeon Prince, Cinderella Bride (Cinderellas to Royal Brides #1)
  • Royal Doc's Secret Heir (Cinderellas to Royal Brides #2)
  • She Devil: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • A Scandalous Midnight in Madrid (Passion in Paradise #2)
  • Sheikh's Royal Baby Revelation (Royal Brides for Desert Brothers #1)
  • The Greek's Virgin Temptation
  • Cinderella's Scandalous Secret
  • When You Least Expect It (The Culhanes of Cedar River #1)
Rania Battany writes emotionally charged contemporary romance and loves nothing more than a happy ending. She lives in Melbourne, Australia where she alternates her days between writing and pottering around the garden with her chickens, dog and children.