Start by marking “Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)

Ignite on Contact

(Brotherhood by Fire #2)

New York Times bestselling author Jaci Burton is back with a friends-to-lovers romance sure to melt hearts as one smokin'-hot fireman turns up the heat on love.

Relationships. Firefighter Rafe Donovan avoids them whenever possible. He loves dating women, but he makes sure they know up front that he's in it for fun, great sex and nothing more.

Fun. As an ER nurse and
Published February 4th 2020 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Ignite on Contact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ignite on Contact

Start your review of Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Good story but that drama at the end was just unnecessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There’s nothing like a good friends to lovers romance especially when we get to enjoy a great guy like Rafe. Fireman and deliciously hot, he made the story what it is. He is kind and considerate and Burton’s description of him is definitely drool-worthy.

I really enjoyed the female character, Carmen. She’s a hard-working, dedicated nurse that takes care of her grandfather. Her problem is that she’s hiding. She’s been through
Robin Loves Reading
Another hot firefighter. Check. Long-time bestselling NYT author. Check. Another great story with a great mix of emotion. Check.

Having just read the first book in this new trilogy by Jaci Burton, Hot to the Touch, I have already met Rafe, who now gets his story, along with brothers Jackson and Kal. However, each story can be read as a standalone, but I am too addicted to series (and to the author), than to have read this without reading the first in the series.

Rafe Donovan would like to get to
Beth
I received this ARC copy of Ignite on Contact from Berkley Publishing Group. This is my honest and voluntary review. Ignite on Contact is set for publication Feb 4, 2020.
Heather andrews
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rafe isn't a bashful one, “does cooking include modeling your new underwear for me?” Rafe really doesn't like his woman placating him on competitions with his brothers, "Rafe looked at her as if she’d just sprouted two heads. “You didn’t grow up with my brothers and me. This is serious ****, Carmen.” I liked this book, I loved Rafe.
Megan
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, sexy, friends-to-lovers story. I enjoyed it very much! It's book 2 in the series, but it stands alone pretty well.

Rafe Donovan has had a very interesting life. His parents were horrible people, and dangerous drug dealers, so he ran away as a kid, and met his brothers, Jackson and Kal, while living on the streets. They took care of each other, and they were doing ok. But, one night, the vacant house they were sleeping in caught fire, and they almost died. A fireman named Josh
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I haven't read the first Brotherhood book, however this did not affect my reading or enjoyment at all.

Firefighter? Check!
Feisty, independant woman? Check!
Friends to lovers? Check!

See, this book ticked a lot of my boxes, but for some reason, I just didn't really feel it with this story.

Rafe is just a cracker of a character, and you could tell why Carmen and the reader will fall for him. I don't know if it is because I missed the first book, but I
Ruthie Taylor
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and it could be read alone, but you will get the background far better if you read them in order. Book 1 is really good, so it would be shame to miss out!

Rafe and his brothers live together, work together and thank their adoptive parents for taking them in and giving them a home together. They have never forgotten being homeless, and work hard as firefighters, give back where they
Helen Williams
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Firefighter Rafe Donovan always avoids relationships. He loves women but makes sure that they know up front he only wants to have fun and great sex.

ER nurse Carmen Lewis doesn't have time for fun or anything else but work and taking care of her disabled grandfather, Rafe has been there on several occasions to assist Carmen with caring for her grandfather and taking care of things around her house and it becomes clear to her that he is interested in her. She knows he's a player and is very
Mary Mooney
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
This is the second book in the Brotherhood by Fire series and it is Rafe's story. In the first book, we met the three Donavan brothers and I think I like this one just a little more than the first one.
Rafe is a firefighter just as his brothers are and when a backdraft sends him to the hospital it is his next-door neighbor Carman who is the nurse that takes care of him. Although he wants to be the tough
Avid Reader
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire #2) by Jaci Burton
4 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Rafe loves his job. And, while he had a rough start to his life, he has live a great life since. He loves his brothers and knows that they will always have his back. When he is injured on the job, while he knows that it could have been much worse, what he wasn't expecting was to see the worry on Carmen's face.

Carmen likes living in the small town. She also likes
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firefighter Rafe Donovan doesn't do forever, he is just not cut out for it. Sure he enjoys dating and the one night kind of affairs, but that is all the farther he ever lets it go.

That is until Carmen Lewis comes into the picture... it was supposed to be a little fun between friends and neighbors, no feelings or attachments. But love had other plans for these two... the forever kind of plan.

What you find between the pages of Ignite on Contact will squeeze your heart, and singe your fingertips.
Nikki
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read! I couldn’t put it down. I read the first 2 chapters and then was swamped with life. When I picked this book up again, I had to finish it. I stayed up most of the night to finish it. Awesome characters and a light, quick read.
WycEd Reader
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it

Check out our IGNITE ON CONTACT post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader –
M/F Romance

Rafe loves his job. And while he had a rough start to his life, he has lived a great life since. He loves his brothers and knows that they will always have his back. When he is injured on the job, he knows that it could have been much worse, what he wasn't expecting was to see the worry on Carmen's face.

Carmen likes living in the small town. She also likes that she is able to
Susan
This was a terrific story of family ties, letting go of the past, and finding love when you least expect it. Rafe is a firefighter with a reputation of giving the ladies a fun time, but not getting too close. His relationships rarely last more than a few weeks. Even his brothers have noticed and call him on the superficiality of it. That begins to change when he ends up in the ER under the care of his neighbor Carmen. He's been attracted to her for a while, but she shows no interest in him.

Anne - Books of My Heart
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng-pub-author, coyer, 2020
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Brotherhood by Fire is well named as a series about "brothers" who are firefighters. I have enjoyed this author in the past and couldn't resist this series. For the most part, the story focuses on the "romance" with only a few details about the careers and other aspects of their lives. The brothers have their moments
Barb Lie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ignite on Contact by Jaci Burton is the 2nd book in her Brotherhood by Fire series. We meet our heroine, Carmen Lewis, as she is working hard as the lead ER nurse. Carmen works long hours, is respected by her co-workers and is very dedicated to her job; she also has the responsibility of taking care of her grandfather. Most of the local police & fireman all know and like Carmen, as she has met many of them when helping those who they bring to the emergency room.

Rafe Donovan, our hero, is a
OpenBookSociety.com

Ignite on Contact
Brotherhood by Fire, Book #2
By Jaci Burton
ISBN# 9780440001379
Author’s Website: https://jaciburton.com/
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Carmen Lewis has struck out on love. She fell quickly for Tod, but shortly after they were married, she discovered what a mistake it was. He was never willing to lift a finger to help around the house, but expected Carmen to cook and clean in addition to working full-time. And, it turns out he was a
Ann Lorz
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: http://www.romancingthereaders.com/20...

We are back with the Donovan's and I'm so happy. I really enjoy this family. I've always liked the interaction of brothers and how they react to each other. They yell, fight and move on. Sisters don't always do that.

Up this time we have Rafe Donovan. Sexy Rafe. He's a great guy who likes to enjoy women. He's not a player but he also doesn't seem like the type to settle down very soon. He's enjoying life. Or he was
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Well, Jaci Burton again made my day with Ignite On Contact. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rafe fall in love with Carmen. What a wonderful couple they were!

Carmen is kind, giving and thoroughly devoted to her grandfather. Or is she just using him as an excuse to hide away from life, from men. After a disastrous marriage, she’s not sure if she can ever trust a man again. Why date then? But, after much cajoling from Rafe, she agrees to dinner. But, not as a date, as a thank you. Rafe will
Nicole R
My god I love trashy contemporary romance. I may only read a handful of them a year, but I devour them like candy. I am a trashy romance binger.

The second installment of the Brotherhood by Fire (what I assume will be) trilogy gives us the gift of Rafe, and after reading about him I am ruined for all real life men forever.

Yes, he is hot and ripped and a fire-fighter, which appeals to the base evolutionary instincts (Tarzan protect Jane), but you want to know what really got me fired up (see
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
I've been a long time fan of Jaci Burton so I was excited to read this one. I mean serious cover love for instant addiction! Yep! Whew! Had to break out the fan for this one. I'm so excited I read this. I didn't get to read the first one in the series, but I was not overly confused by this one and it read like a stand alone to me.

Being a CNA and married to my own Firefighter, this novel was awesome, in my eyes. I loved getting to learn about Rafe and his past, and how he came to be a fire
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

I enjoyed this title. It's the 2nd in the series, but you don't need to have read the first one in order to enjoy this...in fact, I ended up putting the 1st one down somewhere in the middle of it and not picking it back up again. So, if you are just starting the series, or didn't really love the first one, you can still enjoy this one.

Rafe and Carmen are neighbors, and they are attracted to one another...and both think that all they are looking
Kristin
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Normally I'm a sucker for Jaci Burton, and devour her books in one sitting. Not to mention, this one checked all my boxes. Hot firefighter? Check! Successful woman? Check! Friends to lovers? Check! Tight knit family? Check! Smoking hot romance? Check! Minimal drama? Check! You'd think I would have loved this book, but something just didn't click for me. I just found myself bored and skimming through it.

Like I said, The characters were great. Carmen is the head nurse at the ER and Rafe's
Nikki
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it

Ignite
Brotherhood by Fire series book 2
Release Date: February 4, 2016
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

I love a good friends to lovers story, and Jaci Burton is one of my must read authors, so I was excited to dig into this one.

Let me just say that the hero, Rafe, revved my engine just by breathing. He was yummy! He is completely loyal to his brothers and that just makes me swoon. Also, the brothers are pretty damn yummy, too!

The heroine, Carmen, was harder for me to like. I
Becca
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and love this series. In book two we get Rafe and Carmen, a great friend to lover story that was burning hot.

Carmen has been a bit gun shy when it comes to dating. After her divorce 4 years ago, she's content with work and helping her take care of her grandfather. Sure she's had a bit of a crush on her next-door neighbor Rafe but she's tried to steer clear of those feelings. But when Rafe ends up in the hospital after an accident at work, she finds herself checking in
 Reading In Pajamas
Review & Giveaway: IGNITE ON CONTACT by Jaci Burton https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-bpC
Publication Date: February 4, 2020
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

I love this series mainly for the group dynamics and camaraderie between the brothers, their co-workers, and now the hospital staff. They make me want to be there. I fell in love with Rafe and wondered at his patience with Carmen sometimes. He’s sexy, funny and an all-around nice guy…ticking all my boxes.
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book which is part of the Brotherhood by Fire series. While this is the second book of the series, it can be read as a standalone.

Rafe is a firefighter who is injured while working. The nurse attending him is his neighbor, Carmen. Both are attracted to each other and flirt but don't act on their feelings. Their paths cross as Carmen makes herself available to help Rafe get back to health. He admits to her that he is
Jane
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jaci-burton
Ignite on Contact focuses on the relationship between firefighter, Rafe Donovan and ER nurse Carmen Lewis. Carmen is living with her grandfather while helping him to recover from a recent stroke. She is also dealing with the fact that she is now divorced. Tod, her ex-husband, has her questioning her judgement when it comes to men. Love just cannot be in the cards for her. It hurts too much when it fails.

Rafe has been a neighbor to Carmen for years. When he becomes injured while fighting a fire
Linda Rea
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Rafe even before this book because I was lucky enough to read Book 1 but that isn’t necessary to read as this book can easily stand alone. Rafe has been interested in Carmen since she came back to help her grandfather but she has always been aloof. When Rafe lands in her ER she is so worried about him so when she comes over to check on him Rafe asked her to dinner just to thank her and she runs like the devil. When Carmen’s grandfather suggests she take Rafe upon his offer she goes and ...more

• Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Then You Happened
  • Going Down Again (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4.5)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • You're The One
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Irresistible (Neighbor from Hell, #11)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Weekend Wife
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 85 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the ...more

Brotherhood by Fire (2 books)
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)