Start by marking “Blood Price (New Breed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Price (New Breed, #1)

Blood Price

(New Breed #1)

"Just like... professional, right? You don't get off when carrying wounded women around the city, do you?"
"Get off?"
She rolled her eyes. "I swear, you don't know the simplest things. All right, fine. For the sake of my sister, you can carry me. But you better not be enjoying it."
"I wouldn't think of it." He held one arm out.
She sighed skeptically. "What am I supposed to do
Published May 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Blood Price, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Price

MiDouradoP
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really cool dystopia!

4,25 stars

Tela is woman trying to survive human race's new reality whilst taking care of her teenage sister.

John is former slave vampire/Vopura who is just now learning what freedom is, although he is not all fond of how vopura's been treating humans.

Since his kind took over, humans from their city are locked inside like prisioners, living a new life where food is scarce and money is even scarcer, and all they do is try to make ends meet to survive, even if tht means selli
Sandy S
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

About the book: Release Date May 10, 2019

He saw her. He wanted her. And he paid for her.

Vampires aren't real. That's what Tela has always believed. Always known. But everything changes when the violent blood drinkers take over her home of Seattle and cut off the city from any outside help. Without any food or supplies she has only one option: Cooperate with the new regime and offer her blood in exchange for a comfortable life for her and her sister.

John came to Seattle for an esca
Denise
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romances
Very different take on the alien invasion as these are vampires (Vopura) who have come and put a magical wall up around Seattle and taken over the city. The humans are suddenly unemployed and all supplies come in through the wall only when allowed by the Vopura. The vampires on the other hand have a captive food supply, if they can keep from killing it off.

Tela and her sister Dani are alone in the city since their father, a long distance trucker, was not in the city when the wall went up. With v
Debbie Turk
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Stark & Steamy Vampire Read With A Dystopian Feel. 4.5 Stars 🌟

Wow, I was thoroughly immersed in this storyline. It's not really like anything I've read before regarding Vampire's, or Vopura as they call themselves!!

Nearly four months ago Seattle was overrun then cut off from the outside world by a type walked force field. The invading force were the Vopura, Vampire like people, they have superior strength, hearing, looks, build & often intellect!! Many human's died during the invasion
Linda Walters
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story grabbed my attention right away. And I'm not just talking about the mesmerizing eBook cover. Things in Tela's world were bad but things took an even worse turn for her and her sister at least for a while......
Blood Price by Meloday Raven
John is a mass of conflicting feelings towards humans in general and Tela in particular. He started out feeling like what happened to them made no difference to him. That is until he met Tela and then his life became more complicated. Also in his new w
Alda Pitka
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
New Breed by Melody Raven is a dystopian tale that gives a different twist on vampires.

A vampire race called Vopura have invaded Earth and have put up a magical wall to keep some humans in and the rest out. Food is scare and humans volunteer their blood for payment to buy food and necessities. The main character, Tela, meets a vampire, John, on her way home after experiencing blood donation for the first time. It wasn’t a good experience, and she was weak after the donation. John insists on see
Sharon  in SF
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Paranormal romance isn't my normal go-to, but I do enjoy Melody Raven's way of combining romance, intrigue and conflict between humans and in this story, vampires, or Vopura, as they like to be called. Is there a difference? We're not quite sure, but the clarification is made more than once by our Vopurian Hero, John, which is the simple name he chose because his Vopurian name is "hard to say."
The Vopura have invaded Seattle, essentially taking it hostage as there is a magic gate that keeps the
JLS
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She's human and he's a vampire. Oops, he's Vopuran .
Seattle had been invaded by aliens called Vopura that appear to be vampires. The remaining humans are kept there by a magic wall. But they are prisoners and the lucky ones can be donors - meaning food.
This is Tela's new reality. No longer are there jobs for her to work. Food is at a premium and she has her sister to think about. What's a girl to do but become a donor. Hey first experience is brutal- the pain, the weakness- so much more than sh
Jacky
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest. Vampire books are not really my cup of tea. I guess I'm more of a shifter person, and mostly wolves at that.

John and Tela 's story was something different. I'm not sure if I missed something with the whole Volpura/Vampire thing. I think Vampires were not new to the environment and Volpura were recent arrivals. As I said, not 100% about sure about that.

It was interesting watching Tela struggle with her feelings for John as he did the same. I found the entire concept of this b
Kira Assad
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Melody Raven's series so I knew I had to get my hands on this one as well. You will easily get hooked on the story as readers are swept into a world where vampires exist! This story follows Tela and John. Tela is out of options. Forced to offer her blood so her sister and her can live safely, it becomes clear to Tela that she has to be very careful if she hopes to survive. John is a vampire that hopes to have an easy life in Seattle now that it is taken over by the vampires, but wh ...more
Heather Gilbert
Enjoyable

This book takes the common myths and fables about Vampires and turns it in its head. They are actually aliens and a group of them have invaded Earth, holding the city of Seattle hostage behind a magically created wall. But what if the humans left behind?

Pros:
- Inventive.
- FMC is realistic. This woman is NOT a hero, nor dies she want to be. She’s truly a victim of circumstance, doing the best she can.
- Lore shake up. Few things new can come out if the vampire myths, but this does it.

Co
Theresa Campbell
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book is connected to Melody Raven's other series Evil Rising. I liked the story but I have to admit that I normally prefer longer books. However, Melody did a good job with these 2 characters, John and Tela. This is a vampire storyline and a different approach as we find out that these vampires are from another world. The ending is a bit abrupt but not quite a cliffhanger. Hopefully, we'll hear more from these characters in the next book. I received an advance copy of this book from the aut ...more
Lili
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, that was so good! I really enjoy the new series, even the fact that the main characters were not some high and mighty rulers, just people - even Vopura John is perceived as essentially human. When we hurt, and cry, and struggle and strive and love, don't we all say: "it's only human"? When the whole world turns up-side-down, only the strong and lucky survive, and this is their story.

They are ordinary in an every - day - struggle kind of way, but extraordinary in others, and I can't wait fo
Debbie Ballard
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading the mesmerizing and enthralling first book in the New Breed Book series. Tela hates having to give blood to survive, but when she meets John, she discovers as her feelings grow for John, her pleasure increases as she gives him blood. Read the highly recommended, wonderfully written, riveting paranormal story engaging and captivating the reader from the first page until the last page of the story.
Stephanie Villere
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Blood Price book one of The New Breed Series written by Melody Raven. This is a great book to sink your teeth into. Hee hee. You will be able to feel Tela’s frustration as she does everything she can to make ends meet and care for her younger sister. What would you do if you lost your job and way of life? If you were suddenly captive in your own home? Would you sell yourself to the enemy? Who is the enemy? I loved it and can’t wait for the next one!!
Bobbi
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blood Price, The New Breed Series book one by Melody Raven. This new series has some great characters. The storyline was fantastic! My only complaint is that it ends with a cliffhanger. Books are so much better when they end with you wanting to read more, but not feeling like you are missing out on something. If you don’t mind cliffhangers then this may be the book for you.
Ellen
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series! I absolutely loved it and was hooked from beginning to end.

John and Tela are drawn to each other even though they should be mortal enemies. The author does a great job of getting their thoughts and emotions across in a completely believable way so you are drawn to these characters.
Carol
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! Plenty of action and suspense, keeping you guessing just how things were going to turn out.
It started out slow but built up to get you hooked, wanting more.
I can’t wait to start book 2.
Read the book!! You surely won’t be disappointed.
Heather Ambrose
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is a different take on vampires which I loved! You read the same type of thing over and over in this genre and it's nice to have a change! If you are into PNR books I highly recommend picking this one up!
Jane Elizabeth
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK, I have to admit I received an arc copy of this particular book, but I am happy I did!
Melody Raven has introduced a unique perspective on vampires with this story, and it definitely held my attention and interest. I can't wait for the next book.
Stephanie D. Parker
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Price

Loved this book right to the last page!!! I totally read it greedily in one night. Love the twists and the story itself, the characters were awesome as well. Don't believe I have had the pleasure of reading a book by Melody Raven but I will sure be reading more by her!
Barbara Tobis
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Stephanie Willett-marion
Okay read

I think Im just getting bored of the same storyline. This book was good but like about 20 others like it. I wont read next one. Need more adventure.
Judy C
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tela is trying to survive and take care of her sister when the violent vampires take over her home of Seattle. They cut off the humans and the city from any outside help. The only way she and her sister can survive is to become a human blood donor. She meets John who came here as an escape and The possibility of a future. He meets Tela and the two of them are drawn to each other and this story takes you on a journey leading you wanting the next book to see the progress. It’s a love story and abo ...more
Holly
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Start to New Series

Wow this book is a total surprise. John and Tela are trapped by circumstance but still manage to fall in love. We even get to see some friends from previous Melody Raven books. Great read. I freely reviewed this book.
Mary aka scooby
Jul 06, 2019
Cris Mizerak
Aug 19, 2019
cheri hartless
Jul 24, 2019
Michelle Orndorff
Jul 27, 2019
Melody Raven is a Michigan girl through and through. She is overly attached to her rescue pit bull, Rigby, and spends her time not writing chasing all sorts of worldly pleasures.

She travels all over the world, devours entertainment in any form, from books to movies to podcasts, and collects amazing experiences like a hoarder on a TV show.

Melody also writes romantic suspense and contemporary roman

New Breed (4 books)
  • Blood Bond (New Breed, #2)
  • Blood Cure (New Breed, #3)
  • Blood Pact (New Breed Book 4)