Start by marking “Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories” as Want to Read:
Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories

Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  22 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Kevin J. Kennedy has put together some of the horror worlds best selling horror anthologies. Now, for the first time, he has collected together some of his own short stories in the one place. Features a brand new, eight thousand work, tribute story to Richard Laymon's Dark Mountain.
Published May 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dark Thoughts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Thoughts

really liked it 4.00  ·

Esther
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this book is a great opportunity for all you readers who are curious about a Kevin J. Kennedy book. I know I have reviewed a lot by him and this short story book will give you just the taste.
The writing is impeccable. It's so flowy, easy to read and I just know when I pick up one of his books, that it's without errors.
The book has the lovely horror stories that I'm fond of. You have the gory, the scary, the WTH-stories and all that you just would love to get out of a short story book.
I t
Erica Robyn
Short story collections were never a huge hit with me. I’ve always picked them up from time to time because I kept hoping I would find just the right collection. However, with most collections, the tales inside were always hit or miss. I’d have a couple of four or five star ratings, but then a majority of one, two, or three star ratings.

Then I got an email from Kevin Kennedy…

After reading a few collections that he put together, my tune changed! I have absolutely loved each collection that I have
David
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Dark thoughts was an entertaining and quick read. Carnivalland, Life on a Double-Decker and Lake Mesquite being my favorites. Each of them hitting a different horror theme. Zombies, a trip through strange land and good old campsite horror hit the spot.
P.A. Rudders
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brutal and uncompromising, sometimes quirky, and even humorous at times – loved it!

Despite being new to this author, I knew I was going to like this collection right from the opening story, 'Life on a Double Decker Bus,' a highly original snapshot take on the Zombie theme, which is no mean task given the current tsunami-like glut of Zombie themed tales.

In many ways, some of the stories read like snapshots of possibly longer stories, especially Carnivalland, and yet they’re still surprisingly sa
RJ Roles
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great engaging read! Kennedy is a fantastic story teller.
Autumn
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book to give an honest review.

I love a good horror book and they are really hard to find. In this collection I wouldn't really call the stories scary but they were a bit creepy. On the first story right out of the box I felt like I had read that one before. Not sure where but I remember reading about a double Decker bus and zombies. Each story was different and unique. I have to say there was two stories that had me shaking my head.

The first one was I'll Give Ye Foie Gras, Ya Cun
Elisa
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unlike other short story collections where you have a masterpiece next to a less brilliant piece, this book's content is pretty even. It may be because all the stories are by the same author but I liked them all equally. They are more or less gory, but tell a complete story in just a few pages. As an animal lover, I enjoyed "I'll Give You Foie Gras..." a little too much, while "Charlie the Vegetarian Cannibal" surprised me by making a completely out-there character very relatable. "Lake Mesquite ...more
dana cunningham
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
My kind of disturbing

What a time I've had reading this collection of stories. It was truly wonderful visiting the mind of Kevin J Kennedy. Very sick and starving I loved it all. I will definitely be looking for more of his work.
Ann Keeran
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A dark and magnificent look at some well known places. Kevin Kennedy has an imagination that is unequaled in modern day stories. A great look at what could happen if you aren't careful!
kurt boylstein boylstein
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great collection

There really wasn't anything to dislike.I really thought this was a great read.I love short stories some people don't. I can't wait for the next book from Kevin j. Kennedy!
tinypassports
May 27, 2019
Bee
May 11, 2019
Kevin
May 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristen
Jerry
added it
Cc
Jun 01, 2019
Kevin J Kennedy is a horror author & editor from Scotland. He is the co-author of You Only Get One Shot & Screechers, and the publisher of several best selling anthology series; Collected Horror Shorts, 100 Word Horrors & The Horror Collection as well as the stand alone anthology Carnival of Horror. His stories have been featured in many other notable books in the horror genre. He is a ...more