Start by marking “What Comes After” as Want to Read:
What Comes After

What Comes After

Life is full of many things.
Love.
Loss.
Heartbreak.
Laughter.
No matter how small, each moment has value.

Then there are the big moments.
The moments that define us.
And the people who shape our very existence.

Abel Collins is that person for me.
From the very first time our eyes locked, I knew there was something about him. That he was the person that would change everything.
An
Expected publication: August 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about What Comes After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Comes After

Cherie Maggi
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I agree that it can be read as a stand-alone but feel it will mean so much more after reading Ten Hours. This story is refreshing, heartbreaking, suspenseful, and just amazing. Loved the characters and the friendships involved.
J. Ockenhouse
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartbreaking gorgeous story. Abel is still in a place to shock. He loves his wife and still wears his ring as a protective barrier to stop anything from getting to his heart. 3 long years later, his brother and his girlfriend Henna who has a best friend Peyton that's about to take Abel, us the readers and their friend's and family on such a deeply,emotional story that I had to stop reading multiple times because the tears were just so much.

Peyton and Abel have lost important people who shaped
Shasta Hope
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yay! She did it again! She blew me out of the pages with her incredibly talented and beyond beautiful words.♥♥♥♥♥♥

Abel Collins is finally getting his HEA after a long few years of grieving his first wife, Finley. I don't think anyone prepares to lose a loved one. Especially, your other half. So after 3 years of numbness and living away from most of his family and friends, Abel returns home to Chicago. Where his first love story happened. Only, he never expects to find someone to make him feel ag
Konny
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
What Comes After by Melissa Toppen is book two in the series. For best reading experience I recommend to read the previous book, Ten Hours, first.
What Comes After is an emotional read and tells Abel and Peyton's story. The story picks up some time after Abel left Chicago and mourned his late wife, Finley. Now he's back in Chicago, but he changed, he's bitter and cynic and when he meets Peyton at his brother's wedding it's no fun for her.
The book is well written and I liked the story just fine.
Krista Ricchi
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cover is freaking stunning. I loved this book from start to finish. After the last book I needed this one to mend my heart. It gave me the closure I needed and also a fresh new look at the future for these characters. Death doesn't control your life. Grief can be consuming but allowing yourself to fully experience it will heal your soul. This book takes you on an incredible journey of love and healing that you won't want to miss. The characters are easy to relate to and the writing draws you ...more
Tammy
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to see Abel had another book, this poor man deserves an hea. The first book gutted me to read how these two amazing ppl found a love so rare, and then to lose it was just the saddest happiest book I've read to date. But now Abel gets another chance at love and this time with a girl that is so perfect for him, she is just so patient while he navigates his feelings. Peyton is just so loveable as a character, and holy these two together just honestly put a smile on my face throughout ...more
Mary
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can’t help but to fall in love with Abel and Peyton. We first meet Abel in Ten Hours where he loves and loses the love of his life with Peyton. In What Comes After, Abel is given a second chance at love. The story is so heartened and emotional. It’s a story of life and death. Ms. Toppen’s writing just flows so smoothly, it draws you into the story. Best to read Ten Hours first to get the feel of this story.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Teresa Williams
Jennifer Kollar
May 29, 2019
Izzy
Jun 01, 2019
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen