Start by marking “A Trilogy of Knights” as Want to Read:
A Trilogy of Knights

A Trilogy of Knights

THE KNIGHT AND…

THE DRAGON

Bran is tired of living a life of blood and violence. After decades of serving his king on the battlefield, he wants the peaceful, violence-free life he has earned. When the king refuses to grant him freedom, Bran volunteers to go slay a deadly dragon—with every intention of dying alongside it.

THE STATUE

Grey has always kept to himself, so
Published May 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Trilogy of Knights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Trilogy of Knights

Start your review of A Trilogy of Knights
Kathleen
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Minus one star for typical Megan-Derr disdain for good editing.

A fun, single-author anthology set in a magical, medieval-like world. Likable characters, a bit of world building, interesting intertwined stories.
Ami
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
THE KNIGHT AND THE DRAGON: 3.5 stars
This was quite lovely. Topaz as a dragon was amusing. Loved how Topaz teased Bran about Bran wanting to kill himself by, well, challenging a dragon. Loved the way it ended too (with Bran being the King of the North)

THE KNIGHT AND THE STATUE: 2.5 stars
My least favorite because I thought there wasn't ANY romantic development written on page, and I thought Trey being a little too secretive. I loved his squire though, Victor. He was adorable!

THE KNIGHT AND THE
Relly
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

3.5

Enjoyable short stories that all interconnected.
Bran and Topaz - a good start. I felt for Bran when the king wouldn’t let him out of his service. I liked the way Bran worked to do what was right in the North and help the people.

Trey and Dunstan - this one was more about Trey and his work in freeing Dunstan’s family. Dunstan only appeared at the very end. I liked Trey and enjoyed seeing him use his heritage.

Vincent and Shahzad. I enjoyed this one. I loved that Vincent found a home and
iam
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute collection of three loosely interconnected short stories about knights and the men they fall for.

Content warnings include: violence and murder, suicidal ideation, bullying, curse, assassination attempt(s), character gets pushed off a cliff.

All three of the stories are cute and work well on their own, but I liked their loose connection through main characters shifting to become side characters and vice versa, as well as advancing the timeline advancing between the stories.

My
Natalie panda eyes
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-recs
Three knights, three short interconnecting stories with a dragon, a statue and a prince. I enjoyed all three but the last one was my favourite followed by Trey’s story. Does need a spellcheck.
Katy
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it

I loved the stories, but there were a number of grammatical errors in the book and I felt all three stories ended way too abruptly.
Chancey Knowles
Blurb =
Did a good job of describing the essence of all 3 stories

My Genre Scale =
Magic, Dragons, and Knights are definitely a 5 start favorite read of mine.

Odds if not your genre =
I would not suggest - unless in the mood for sweet short stories lightly connected, and one is not sensitive to typos etc...

What stood out =
Really good for first stories. But when republished, could have used some polishing up.

Mood Type / Appeal to =
When wanting essay escapism and/or there isn't much time for
Katherine
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I always enjoy these interconnected stories, where one leads into the next but brings it somewhere completely different at the same time. The knights in each story were unique, each one trying to find a place in a world that they don't quite feel like they fit in. Be it loneliness, different abilities, family ties, lack of friends, they all didn't feel entirely at home in what should have been their home. Each one had a different journey to help others which lead them to what they were ...more
Innerpeace1081
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Torn

I really liked the stories but felt they all didn't really conclude or concluded really abruptly. I really liked the characters but it seems that the actual romance wasn't really there. I think it was because of the length of the stories, which limited the interactions of the characters and created more telling of developing feelings than showing of developing feelings.
Juli
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The author's oldest work, she says, and its age shows. This is true, as her writing has improved a lot since then, but it seems I like her older works better than her new ones. Still, could have used checking for grammatical errors and even more a thorough editing. But the stories invoke the feeling of fantasy and fairytale that I've come to love about a lot of Derr's books.
Anna Hord
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Short and simple

The stories were short and almost too simple. They each could have easily been twice as long. The romances and plots all felt very underdeveloped and the conflicts where solved almost all out of scene.
Victoria Taylor
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute!

Sweet interconnected short love stories set in a far away land with dragons, magic, and knights. Little bites of awesome. Some proofreading issues here and there if that bothers you, but It didn’t affect the stories for me at all.
Ngaramah
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love this author, and her short story series will always have a special place in my heart. These short stories were especially reminiscent of her fairytale series but had the knight genre interwoven throughout! Once again Megan Derr has delivered an amazing read!
LWM
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet...

As always, great storytelling. just those few typos that didn't make a difference in comprehension, but still the stories were very entertaining and skillfully crafted.
Teresa
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, light, a fun read. The digital copy I had needs a hard line edit. Some of the typos are typical of Megan Derr’s work (sense for since, for example), and nothing was so egregious as to throw me out of the stories.
jennifer Jensen
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A trilogy of tales

Another wondrous group of short stories that the so seamlessly together that you would be hard pressed to tell when one stopped and the next started if Ms. Derr had not pointed it out. That being said, there are a few editing errors.
Kragthang
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fantasy
Short, fun to read stories that are connected through its characters, but can also be read alone. I think the second one was my favourite.
Adrienne
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Between 3 and 4, as it just felt so... unfinished. I wish each story had a bit more to it.
Ross
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do love Megan Deer

The author is still a buy for me even with my Kindle Unlimited. From the three stories I liked the third the best, but no regrets here.
Kelli W
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't found a Derr story I dislike. She seems to write short stories only, but they're well-done!
Morgana
The Knight and the Dragon - 3.5 stars

The Knight and the Statue - 4 stars

The Knight and the Prince - 4.5 stars

Overall rating - 4 stars
Allyce
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually enjoy anthologies but I have a weakness of the ones by Megan Derr. A Trilogy of Knights is a collection of three short stories that focus around knights and dragons, mages and sages, and princes from other kingdoms, and all of them were great to read.

I enjoyed this anthology so much, I am going to be purchasing this later on
Alicia
May 29, 2019
Alice
May 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Mage on the Hill (The Web of Arcana #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • How to (Not) Train a Firecat
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Taji from Beyond the Rings
  • Earth Fathers Are Weird
  • Izzy and the Right Answer
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Trouble in Taco Town (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Anhaga
  • The Potion Maker
  • Tallowwood
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com