Start by marking “The Hunting Wives” as Want to Read:
The Hunting Wives

The Hunting Wives

Sophie O’Neill left behind an envy-inspiring career and the stressful, competitive life of big-city Chicago to settle down with her husband and young son in a small Texas town. It seems like the perfect life with a beautiful home in an idyllic rur
Expected publication: May 18th 2021 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Hunting Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunting Wives

Start your review of The Hunting Wives
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woaahh! I’m blushing, hyperventilating, chanting for those black wives ( they didn’t kill their husbands yet to be exonerated as black widows but I can see their smoky dark soul at each chapter! ) !

This is ballistic, explosive, scandalous, extremely naughty, mind blowing and entertaining! I’m warning you guys, get ready to collect your jaws which will be dropped,keep your eyes safe which will be popped out and keep your mouth shut which will stay open in awe at several times during your reading
Amy
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off I have to apologize for my super early review but I couldn’t resist starting this one almost as soon as I got it in my hands. And then I figured I would read it earlier than I have any business doing but hold off on posting my review until, oh I don’t know maybe two months early instead of six 🤣 But as soon as I finished this one I knew I had to get it on everyone’s radar because I predict this one will be huge and I highly recommend getting a preorder in!

I feel like this is the thrill
Tina
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
God help me, I loved it. Straight up entertaining, Mean Girls meets Desperate Housewives melodrama for days.
Jessica B.
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was BANANA PANTS CRAZY FUN. Like a cross of Mean Girls meets Dead to Me meets Desperate Housewives - looooved it.

*early work perk read*
Basic B's Guide
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Take about juicy poolside page-turner. What a ride! Desperate, conniving, sassy Texas Housewives gone wild. Do not miss this one!

If not for the election I would have read this in one sitting.
Samantha Bailey
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wickedly dark, juicy, and addictive, The Hunting Wives by May Cobb is written as if the characters from Big Little Lies and Desperate Housewives moved into the same upscale, twisted neighborhood. A gripping, compulsive read, it’s masterful suspense filled with wealth, power, and deadly secrets that will make your jaw drop. An absolute must-read! I received an ARC.
Samantha Downing
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Hunting Wives is just like Texas…big, bold, and hot! This spicy novel is filled with unpredictable twists and unforgettable characters, and it’s impossible to put down. Put this book on your 2021 list, you won’t regret it.
May
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my 2nd thriller! Hope you enjoy these devious wives!
Laurie Flynn
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is my new obsession! Deliciously Real Housewives-esque with a seriously sinister twist, THE HUNTING WIVES is one hell of a wild ride. Dark, unrelenting, sharp, and whip-smart. I predict this will be hugely popular in 2021!
Amy Gentry
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you make Big Little Lies twice as naughty and hand every character a shotgun? You get a juicy, scandalous, gossipy summer binge-read, that's what you get. The smell of chlorine and way too many mojitos before noon practically wafts off the page. Pulse-pounding, sultry, and full of perfectly plotted twists, The Hunting Wives might as well have been called "Real Housewives of East Texas"--I couldn't look away! A delicious, malicious delight. ...more
Victoria Lanigan
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I devoured this book in one day. Just look at this tag line for the book.
“The Hunting Wives share more than target practice, martinis, and bad behavior in this novel of obsession, seduction, and murder.”
Addictive, salacious, obsessive, full of gossip and unpredictable this book kept me guessing until the very end. @May_Cobb brilliantly created a world in which some very bored and, if we will, desperate housewives push every single boundary in their every day life, all in the name of boredom an
Dani Edgin
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy cannoli y’all, I don’t even know where to begin! The Hunting Wives was wild from start to finish, and I have never come across such an unexpected twist of an ending. Mind blown.
Janet
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Date reviewed: October 18, 2020

When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is once again closed and you are continuing to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #secondwave is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the aut
Stacy
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGalley and Berkley for an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

Whew what a wild ride. Sophie O'Neill, her husband and young son leave Chicago and move to Texas. Sophie gets involved with a group of women who have tons of money and questionable morals. Sophie falls deeper into a path of self destruction the more time she spends with the group.

Loved the book while disliking all the women in the Hunting Club. Sophie's husband, son and best friend are extremel
Sharnell Johnson

• St. Ivo
  • People We Meet on Vacation
  • Mexican Gothic
  • Thunderstruck & Other Stories
  • No Apparent Distress: A Doctor's Coming of Age on the Front Lines of American Medicine
  • Temporary
  • Breasts and Eggs
  • Dracula
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • And Now She's Gone
  • White Ivy
  • Goodnight Beautiful
May Cobb is a freelance writer from Austin, TX who won the 2015 Writer’s League of Texas Manuscript Contest. Her writing has appeared in Austin Monthly and the online edition of JazzTimes. Big Woods is her debut novel.