Start by marking “Hidden Secrets (Green Dory Inn #2)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Secrets (Green Dory Inn #2)

Hidden Secrets

(Green Dory Inn #2)

The secrets of Captain Hiltz may not have died with him.

When Landon Smith returns to the Green Dory Inn, she finds innkeeper Anna Young still shaken by the recent vandalism and unable to cope when the inn is targeted in an online vendetta. Prickly neighbour Bobby Hawke can help with Anna’s cyber woes, but when the attacks escalate to physical threats, Landon and Bobby must
ebook
Published July 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Secrets

Start your review of Hidden Secrets (Green Dory Inn #2)
Christine Goodnough
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Over all I liked the book and especially when the action revved up. The main character, Landon Smith, in University at Toronto to become a social worker, comes back to Nova Scotia to help her good friend and mentor, Anna, whose livelihood as innkeeper is being threatened by an unknown someone. But Anna's determined to stick it out. A woman of faith and prayer, she isn't willing to give up her dream of running the Green Dory Inn.

Landon has had a past trauma that we only get slivers of. Reference
Jeffrey Reynolds
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could debate whether this is a mystery with plenty of suspense or if it's a suspense with an intriguing mystery in it, but what I won't debate is that this is an edge of the seat read that will keep you guessing, and that isn't afraid to go into topics that may make one uncomfortable but still need to be dealt with.

This is the second book of the series, though the first one is almost a prequel - more of a novella in length. This is a full book and full blown story, building on the foundation o
Amy Blake
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Landon returns to the Green Dory Inn to help her friend Anna, who still hasn't recovered her health after her recent troubles. But attacks, both cyber and physical, build until the women's lives are in jeopardy. Landon must find out who has it in for her friend while battling demons from her own past.

Though I had not read book #1 in this series and so was a little confused on characters and backstory at times, I very much enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others. In fact, I plan to ge
Iola
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-indie-books
After her professor fails her for lack of participation, Landon Smith heads back to the Green Dory Inn for the summer to lick her wounds and support Anna—the friend who showed Jesus to Landon when she most needed help.

Hidden Secrets is the second book in the Green Dory Inn Mystery series. I do recommend you read the first (Unknown Enemy), as that introduced the overall plot arc and many of the characters in Hidden Secrets. Yes, a mystery fan will probably enjoy Hidden Secrets without reading Unk
Violet
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With batches of fragrant muffins and mugs of herbal tea, served up in an idyllic seaside setting, Janet Sketchley lures us into discovering the deadly secrets of the Green Dory Inn. Hidden Secrets is Book 2 in the Green Dory Inn Mystery series.

Thoroughly modern, with cell phones and drones, there are also elements of old sea tales with rogue ships and rumrunners in this cozy mystery. The Christian faith of the two main characters, Landon and Anna, adds value and heft to this hard-to-put-down re
Martha
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a delight to discover a new (to me) Christian fiction writer whose writing was so absolutely beautiful. Landon Smith, a college student, is on summer break and visiting Anna Young, who is like a second mother to her. Anna owns the Green Dory Inn, but someone has posted bad reviews and several reservations have been cancelled. Anna and Landon enlist the help of Bobby Hawke, the grandson of Anna's neighbor, and a science fiction novelist, to help counterattack the cyber attacks. Then the ru ...more
Tandy Balson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trouble at the Green Dory Inn is escalating. Can Landon help her friend Anna find out who is behind this? Every time I thought I knew who the culprit was, a plot twist had me rethinking my answer. The characters in the story became my friends and I was invested in the outcome and their futures. Hidden Secrets was an enjoyable read and one I would recommend.
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author does a great job of creating a mystery that truly keeps you guessing until the moment of revelation. The main characters, Landon and Anna, became like old friends. I'm a little sad that I can't actually stay at the B and B with them! The story seemed a tad longer than necessary and I wish I knew more of the back story (I haven't read the first book in the series yet), but otherwise I found this to be a well-written, interesting read.
Christine Dillon
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series are cozy mysteries and so might not be exciting enough for thriller/suspense fans. However, they'd be appreciated by teenagers (late teens because of one of the themes).
Good characterisation, good editing and lovely cover. Satisfying story. Particularly recommended for those who enjoy reading about Canada. The Christian parts of the story are natural and sprinkled throughout. A good summer read.
Trela S
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great read! Clean, but with intriguing mysteries! I, personally, would have followed through a little further with Landon's past life and filled in some blanks but maybe leaving out some things made the story more focused upon Anne's plot line. Wonderful dips and twists!

Trela
Cheryl Gohl
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very good book. I enjoyed the mystery of it. The characters are well rounded, but very human. I really liked the fact that it was unpredictable. I had no idea who the bad guy was until it was reveiled at the end. Good suspense!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to write a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Robin
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why wasn't Landon able to go to summer school? Never mind the instructor, but what a need there is for her to be at the Green Dory Inn with Anna. More stuff going on but harder to detect and discover who and why. Edge of your seat good writing makes this a super mystery. Who is doing it and why? You need to read to find out. Highly recommend. I received an advance reader copy from the author. Opinions are my own.
Ann
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book that holds your attention. Hidden Secrets is a good clean mystery that will keep you guessing until the end. This book was a very enjoyable read.
Kelly
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. This one is quite suspenful and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I haven't read the first book yet, but had no problems following this story, so this one works well as a stand alone story.
JoAnn
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden Secrets is an entertaining and well written suspense. I throughly enjoyed the plot that kept me engaged in the story. I recommend this book to fans of suspense. Thanks to the publisher for my advance ebook. This is my unbiased review.
Annarella
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A gripping and well written book that kept me hooked till the end.
I liked the setting and the well written cast of characters, the plot is engrossing and entertaining.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Ellen Parker
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romsus
Classic mystery.
Set on the Nova Scotia coast, this Christian mystery keeps the reader turning pages. Ms. Sketchley has crafted interesting characters.
This is the second in the Green Dory Inn series and I will not hesitate to pick up another.
Denise Troutman
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down

True to its title it is a mystery. I enjoyed the depth of the character’s emotions and bravery facing pain from her past. I especially liked the part at the end where the main character is able to see that all things work together for good. If the event at the beginning of the story hadn’t happened then the story would have been completely different. That was a good life lesson to help us to remember that God is in control, even when seemingly bad things happen to us.
Ruth Snyder
Betty
Jul 07, 2020
xtree
Feb 01, 2020
Willing To Review...: Seeking reviews: Christian mystery/suspense 5 18 Aug 01, 2019 09:42AM

• Ranger Protection (Texas Ranger Heroes #1)
  • Precarious Summer (Northern Shore Intrigue, #1)
  • Strands of Truth
  • One Day Gone (Mylas Grey Mystery #1)
  • Dark Water (Lantern Beach Blackout #1)
  • If These Walls Could Talk (Joe Boyd Suspense Series Book 1)
  • Even Still (Faith and Love Book 1)
  • Chasing Fireflies
  • A Treasure Concealed (Sapphire Brides, #1)
  • Expired Refuge (Last Chance County #1)
  • Dubiosity (Cape Thomas #1)
  • The Forgiving Hour
  • A Ring And A Prayer (Book 1 Golden Bowl Series)
  • State of Lies
  • A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance, #1)
  • Wild Montana Skies (Montana Rescue, #1)
  • Alaskan Refuge Christian Suspense Box Set (Books 1-3)
  • Hester's Hunt for Home Trilogy
Janet Sketchley is an Atlantic Canadian writer who likes her fiction with a splash of mystery or adventure and a dash of Christianity. Why leave faith out of our stories if it’s part of our lives? You can find Janet online at janetsketchley.ca.

Random facts: Janet's super-power is untangling yarn and Slinkies™; there are over 50 varieties of tea in her house; she's Canadian but she worked at the bu

Green Dory Inn (2 books)
  • Unknown Enemy (Green Dory Inn #1)

News & Interviews